Nationwide Welfare EBT System Shutdown Today

I feel badly for the people who went through such a scare today. I'm glad they have the EBT cards working for these people. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Good night.

Ya know what?

I'm gonna join Plasma and indulge in some honesty because I fell it relates to this topic.

I, too, was on FS for a short time about a year and a half ago before I found this job.
The wife and I had been out fishing and didn't catch anything so we had to go to Publix to get something for supper.

Same thing...the EBT system was down so we were relegated to having cold cereal for supper.

But as to the OP;
I bet you never heard of that particular downage on the news.

Because, with this current "shutdown", or favorite Uncle Sam has done his damndest to inject as much fear as possible.
THAT is why people's noses were all out of joint.....they saw their free lunch getting taken away

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII]Chapter Jackson - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Explicit) - YouTube[/ame]

Man, it would be great it it never came back up. The nation is sick, welfare has spread far and wide. Our system is trying to reject it because it knows it will kill the host.

Man, it would be great it it never came back up. The nation is sick, welfare has spread far and wide. Our system is trying to reject it because it knows it will kill the host.

And fuck you.....you hate americans, good to know

Yup wife ran into that issue while getying food for work for me..rather sucked balls.

A recipient...color me shocked.

Glad you didn't have to sell your computer or anything. Perfectly acceptable to allow others to steal from productive citizens so you don't have to be inconvenienced.

Disgusting. Pathetic. Shame!

My heart goes out to the truly needy. My tax dollars flow to their needy bits. Over $20,000/year worth. What rankles my ass are those who are perfectly capable of work, but choose to not...
work. Game the system, stick it to "the man". They are millions-fold. And they suck the life blood from the pocketbooks of still more millions.

Obama set the board, he controls the board, and the board has responded.

Record numbers of Americans on unemployment, disability, welfare.

You can lead a horse to water, and that horse will drink.

Yup wife ran into that issue while getying food for work for me..rather sucked balls.

Glad you didn't have to sell your computer or anything. Perfectly acceptable to allow others to steal from productive citizens so you don't have to be inconvenienced.

Tell that to the 12 hour 4 day shifts I do each week.
Tell that to the 11 day 12 hour stretch I did to make sure our rent was paid.

But I get it, you need someone to bash because you have nothing else. So enjoy it.

Tell that to the 12 hour 4 day shifts I do each week.
Tell that to the 11 day 12 hour stretch I did to make sure our rent was paid.

But I get it, you need someone to bash because you have nothing else. So enjoy it.

Oh, so you work. Well, isn't that special. That certainly justifies theft from others. You know, I have more respect for the beggar in the streets. At least he has the balls to look someone in the eye and ask for help. You on the other hand are happy to have others take for you. But gosh, I'm so glad to get to keep your modern luxuries while getting your basic necessities picked up by the labor of those you've never met. Again, shameful and pathetic.

The grocery stores were much easier to navigate. :D

LOL. It has been an education in and of itself being retired and on SS. I have learned NOT to go to the store on the day the eagle flies. With this disease, I really try to avoid crowds and the groceries that day are a 3 ring circus with loaded carts, and little screaming germ factories everywhere. Even with all the lanes open it can take an hour to get checked out. They are stocked real well though. I have learned to go the day AFTER the eagle flies. They are still well stocked, and all that is in there that day is little old ladies who have similarly learned not to go the day before.

You dont understand my positions on government at all. Youve never asked...

Ebt is a tool to be used to help out, and once my wife goes back to work (stay at home mom right now) or I get a raise we will move off of it. But it takes time.

Government is too large and needs sone whacking done to it. It needs to be streamlined and reformed. To much waste going on.

That doesnt mean you destroy safety nets because some people abuse shit.

You want to assume shit go ahead, but you will only remain ignorant.

If that's how you're using it, great.
I wish you the best and hope that it IS a hand UP and not a hand OUT.

There is a strong contingent of those that take it as the latter, so forgive my jadedness
:cool:

Nah I totally understand when you see some people ruining it for others. It wont always be like this and when things are good the wife and I decided we will donate to a woman's shelter or something to pay back what we used.

Whats happening is someone like me will admit im on ebt and everyone else will pile on to vent out their frustrations.

I get that but I also have two kids to worry about and if we need to get help short twrm we will.

We had to use cash today and that hurt our cash situation. Its just a bad month work wise. ( mostly because im doing 36s and not 48s so no overtime.)

When I had children to support, I didn't have time for things like discussion forums.

The grocery stores were much easier to navigate. :D

LOL. It has been an education in and of itself being retired and on SS. I have learned NOT to go to the store on the day the eagle flies. With this disease, I really try to avoid crowds and the groceries that day are a 3 ring circus with loaded carts, and little screaming germ factories everywhere. Even with all the lanes open it can take an hour to get checked out. They are stocked real well though. I have learned to go the day AFTER the eagle flies. They are still well stocked, and all that is in there that day is little old ladies who have similarly learned not to go the day before.

I was under the impression that SS payments were staggered depending on the last digits of ones SS nbumber.

If that is true then there is truly no day the eagle does not fly.

Forum List

Back