Nazis were Catholic?

Where does Genesis state that the material world was created y spirit?
Are you telling me that you don't believe the essence of Genesis chapters 1 and 2 isn't about G-d creating the material world and man being a product of the material world?

So when I say spirit I am using that word to distinguish between a material world that was created from nothing versus a material world that was created from no thing.

Think of spiritual or spirit as "no thing" and material as "thing."

And when you think of a "no thing" think of something that you can't understand but you know it is infinitely intelligent and sentient. I choose spirit because the debate is over materialism and spiritualism. That is the heart of the question.
Do you think anything God created is truly of any significance in relation to God?
To God, there is no difference between the physical and the metaphysical.
The difference is only to mortal man to deal with.
I believe you are missing the point. Genesis is not a fairy tale it is ancient man’s allegorical accounts of the creation of the material world by the G-d of Abraham and the recognition that man is a product of that creation.
You take it as allegory.
I take it as a moral compass that requires intense study.

And what does your intense study tell you about the Tower of Babel? Or the fall of man?
You mean use the Roman Catholic Church methodology of jumping all over the place?

Tell me in how many ways can Genesis 1:1 be parsed?

Are you telling me that you don't believe the essence of Genesis chapters 1 and 2 isn't about G-d creating the material world and man being a product of the material world?

So when I say spirit I am using that word to distinguish between a material world that was created from nothing versus a material world that was created from no thing.

And when you think of a "no thing" think of something that you can't understand but you know it is infinitely intelligent and sentient. I choose spirit because the debate is over materialism and spiritualism. That is the heart of the question.
Do you think anything God created is truly of any significance in relation to God?
I believe you are missing the point. Genesis is not a fairy tale it is ancient man’s allegorical accounts of the creation of the material world by the G-d of Abraham and the recognition that man is a product of that creation.
You take it as allegory.
No. It is an allegorical account of what is actually true. Space and time were created from nothing and man is a product of that creation. Ancient man knew the truth 6000 years before science.
And how do the verses not state these series of events.
God relates, step by step, the construction of the universe and Earth in particular to impress upon mankind how much He loves us.
Where do you get lost in this?
That's the allegorical part. The essence of the account is that space and time were created by the G-d of Abraham and that man is a product of that creation.

You take it as allegory.
No. It is an allegorical account of what is actually true. Space and time were created from nothing and man is a product of that creation. Ancient man knew the truth 6000 years before science.
God relates, step by step, the construction of the universe and Earth in particular to impress upon mankind how much He loves us.
I'm not the only one who believes this.

Similarly, Bar Ilan University’s Professor Nathan Aviezer, author of the book In the Beginning, told The Times of Israel, this discovery “isn’t going to make anyone who wasn’t a believer in God into one, or vice versa, but one thing the announcement does do is make it clear that the universe had a definite starting point — a creation — as described in the Book of Genesis,” said Aviezer. “To deny this now is to deny scientific fact.”

“Without addressing who or what caused it, the mechanics of the creation process in the Big Bang match the Genesis story perfectly. If I had to make up a theory to match the first passages in Genesis, the Big Bang theory would be it,” said Aviezer.

“It’s an example of Divine irony that it took atheistic scientists like [Nobel laureate Paul] Dirac and all the others to point out the truth of the Torah. At this point I think we can say that creation is a scientific fact.”​

Could New Scientific Discovery Support Creation?

Nathan Aviezer - Wikipedia
And there are well over a million Jews who actually learn Torah: with lots of scientists in that group.

You take it as allegory.
That's the allegorical part. The essence of the account is that space and time were created by the G-d of Abraham and that man is a product of that creation.
Why is that allegory?
That’s where you lose me.

You take it as allegory.

And what does your intense study tell you about the Tower of Babel? Or the fall of man?
You mean use the Roman Catholic Church methodology of jumping all over the place?

We can talk about Chapter 1 and 2 later. What does your intense study tell you about the Tower of Babel? Or the fall of man?

You take it as allegory.

We can talk about Chapter 1 and 2 later. What does your intense study tell you about the Tower of Babel? Or the fall of man?
I don’t do the RCC.
The Migdal Bavel would never have occurred without Genesis 1:1.

You take it as allegory.
Why is that allegory?
The account is the creation of space and time by God and the recognition that man is a product of creation. This you do not dispute. The only thing you dispute are the specific steps. That's the allegorical part. You think they were providing a science paper or passing down oral accounts of their most prized information? Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations.

You take it as allegory.

What intrigues me about you is that you believe that God created existence but you can’t believe anything else and thus attribute everything as allegory.
This is the major problem with believing in God as Jesus; you create limitations on God.

You take it as allegory.

I don’t do the RCC.
I'm not asking you to. Are you arguing the Tower of Babel is not in the Torah?

Genesis 11 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre

So what do you believe this is all about?

You take it as allegory.
Why is that allegory?
The account is the creation of space and time by God and the recognition that man is a product of creation. This you do not dispute. The only thing you dispute are the specific steps. That's the allegorical part. You think they were providing a science paper or passing down oral accounts of their most prized information? Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations.
It’s obvious you never met a scientist who uses these verses to explain the development of our planet into a home hospitable for humans.

You take it as allegory.

What intrigues me about you is that you believe that God created existence but you can’t believe anything else and thus attribute everything as allegory.
This is the major problem with believing in God as Jesus; you create limitations on God.
You don't read it literally and you know it.

You take it as allegory.

I don’t do the RCC.

If you believe everything is allegory what else can I expect of you from the Migdal?
The Migdal was a structure run by a megalomaniac, ala Bill Gates, who wanted, and fooled, everyone into worshipping him.
God was not pleased.

Why is that allegory?
It’s obvious you never met a scientist who uses these verses to explain the development of our planet into a home hospitable for humans.
And I still haven't. The reality is that Genesis correctly stated that space and time were created from no thing and that man is a product of that creation. And it did so 6000 years before science.

You take it as allegory.

I do; each and every word and phrase is a treasure to a sociologist.

I don’t do the RCC.

If you believe everything is allegory what else can I expect of you from the Migdal?
The Migdal was a structure run by a megalomaniac, ala Bill Gates, who wanted, and fooled, everyone into worshipping him.
God was not pleased.
I know you don't know what the Tower of Babel represented, OK. I am actually trying to help you. The Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. Prior to this all people shared a common history and religion. Your G-d of Abraham.

I believe you are playing games. You don't believe they are literal accounts.

You don't believe in talking snakes.

I believe you are playing games.
The story of the Migdal has happened repeatedly in history.
I don’t know why someone as intelligent as yourself doesn’t see this.

You don't believe in talking snakes.
A Nachash is a charmer.
The magicians in Pharoah’s court are called Nachoshim.
It’s also very sad that you believe that God can create a universe but cannot create a snake that talks.
Or that God can come to Earth as a man and shit in His diapers.
And that’s not meant to be a joke.
It’s sad that all you take literally is Jesus.

I believe you are playing games.
The story of the Migdal has happened repeatedly in history.
I don’t know why someone as intelligent as yourself doesn’t see this.
Probably because I'm not that smart. I'm not smart like you. It wouldn't even cross my mind to do what you are doing.

I just like to have honest conversations to make my maker proud of me. I wouldn't think about denying him like you do.

Forum List

Back