Nazis were Catholic?

You missed the point. You said They come from many generations of what they consider fools.

Why did you shift the point you were trying to make to a completely different point.

Yes, our ancestors were fools. Idiots. Goat herders and ignorant.
If we were in a room discussing religion, I guarantee you that within 1 minute you would state that anyone who believes in God is an idiot.
I would respond by asking how a non-idiot such as yourself came from 30 generations of idiots.
You would then accuse me of insulting your ancestors.
I would respond that you are the person insulting your ancestors.

It’s happened to me more than once.
Nope, they were all idiots. Or brainwashed from birth. Or wishful thinking. Or just went along because for hundreds of years we were forced to be "christians".

Look at what idiots Muslims and mormons are. You're as crazy as they are with your talking snakes.

Not all theists take the stuff you take literally literally. In fact most don't believe in talking snakes. Even they believe anyone who does is an idiot.

First of all we accept that the story is just that: a story. Christians realize that this is not really the sort of story that we need to take literally.

Do Christians Believe in Talking Snakes?

Turns out only idiots believe in talking snakes. Ask Ding. This is an allegory you take literally. Sorry, I can't take you seriously.
None of this matters to me.
Jews don’t proselytize yet we drive atheists insane just by being in the same room.
It’s sad that you have such a demeaning attitude towards your grandparents.
I hope they aren’t aware.
They are looking down on me now from heaven.
Sorry, no God, no heaven.
Oh yea, I forgot that's just wishful thinking.

is that the same as no book no heaven .... for you.
No Tanach, no NT as the NT generously misquotes Tanach.

how about the spoken Religion of Antiquity, in print 6 words - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - the religion of both those books ... without having to read them or a translation by someone else.

how about the spoken Religion of Antiquity, in print 6 words - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - the religion of both those books ... without having to read them or a translation by someone else.
I give up...how’s about it?

the spoken Religion of Antiquity reflects an answer for the threads topic - Nazis were Catholic? - without discrepancies to hide behind.

as neither were better than the other.

Do you feel a necessity for an afterlife?
Not at all. I see it as nothing more than wishful thinking. I keep seeing my dad wishing that he is going to see my mom again someday. He's struggling with it. Probably because it makes no sense. But he keeps saying "there must be" when the fact is there might not be.

Not at all. I see it as nothing more than wishful thinking. I keep seeing my dad wishing that he is going to see my mom again someday. He's struggling with it. Probably because it makes no sense. But he keeps saying "there must be" when the fact is there might not be.
Does he have any hobbies?

Does he have any hobbies?
Nope. We keep telling him but he says no to everything. I even got a dog that he was supposed to help me with when I go on business trips but he won't even watch my dog for me. He used to watch my last dog but he says, "that was when mom was alive. I can't do it anymore"

Even though we all know watching the dog and going to the dog park where he will meet people would be the best thing for him, you can't convince a stubborn mule.

He should also be going to church on Sundays but 11am is too early he says. Remember, he has an excuse for everything. So the other night my nephew had a 6pm basketball game and he said that was too late.

So his window is from Noon to 5pm? Whatever dad. I'm going to keep living my life. You keep waiting to die so you can see mom again, which won't happen. Waste the one life you got mourning. Idiot! LOL.

I love him though.

Perhaps that is best answered by considering what (or if there is) the necessity is for this life?
You will see people who say they believe in heaven cling on for dear life when they are dying. From the way they are acting they don't seem to believe in an afterlife. If I thought I was going to heaven I'd be rejoicing not crying and shitting my pants.

Perhaps that is best answered by considering what (or if there is) the necessity is for this life?
You will see people who say they believe in heaven cling on for dear life when they are dying. From the way they are acting they don't seem to believe in an afterlife. If I thought I was going to heaven I'd be rejoicing not crying and shitting my pants.
You don't know what you are talking about.

In the end, everyone shits their pants.

People also die peacefully. Recent studies find that those who die most peacefully are from opposite ends of the spectrum: Those who have a true, intrinsic belief in God/religion and those who have no belief in God/religion. Fear seems to most greatly affect those who tend to go to religious services for socializing or because it is expected of them--and those who are more agnostic than truly atheist.

I am sorry to hear about your dad's situation. I did not catch how long it has been since your mom passed. Five years ago I lost my best friend, my dad, and two aunts within days of each other. It took a good six months before I saw a glimmer of any chance I would recover and find any happiness again in this life. It does take about a year before true healing to begin. And I understand this varies. I pray for healing for your dad. It's a very tough time.

You don't know what you are talking about.

In the end, everyone shits their pants.
Not so. I've seen plenty of people die. Some are ready to go. Some are suffering. I've never seen anyone crying about being afraid to die.

It's usually their loveones they left behind that are doing all the crying.

Now I've never seen anyone personally die of cancer. Like they were told you have 4 months to live and it's terminal. I bet those people talk a lot to god. But that's just being afraid.

Even if I do talk to God when I find out I'm dying, that's just me being scared. I'm not thinking rationally like I am now.

People also die peacefully. Recent studies find that those who die most peacefully are from opposite ends of the spectrum: Those who have a true, intrinsic belief in God/religion and those who have no belief in God/religion. Fear seems to most greatly affect those who tend to go to religious services for socializing or because it is expected of them--and those who are more agnostic than truly atheist.

I am sorry to hear about your dad's situation. I did not catch how long it has been since your mom passed. Five years ago I lost my best friend, my dad, and two aunts within days of each other. It took a good six months before I saw a glimmer of any chance I would recover and find any happiness again in this life. It does take about a year before true healing to begin. And I understand this varies. I pray for healing for your dad. It's a very tough time.
It will be 3 years in August. He is holding on longer than most. In some ways it almost seems like he's a baby trying to milk it for the attention and use it as an excuse for why he doesn't go anywhere or do anything. Fucking weirdo.

But I love him.

Thanks for your kind words.

Forum List

Back