Nazis were Catholic?

What's the allegory here? It seems like every story about god ends up being an allegory.
Orthodox Jews do not hold by the allegory theme.
On the other hand, atheists will say they would believe in a God that can create one thing (existence) but get turned off from the God concept by God creating another thing (Oh my! A talking snake!).
It's when the story gets silly. Talking snakes. LOL.
I find it quaint when atheists insist that animals like apes can talk.
How silly!
I find it quaint how little you know

Scientists discover dolphins ‘can speak almost like humans’
Let me know when a dolphin and so can sit down and chew the fish.
So because we aren't smart enough to know for a fact that dolphins talk to each other, that's your proof they don't?

They do. And we do have the evidence. We just don't know how to talk dolphin.

If an alien comes and you can't talk to them, does that mean they don't talk either? Or does that mean you don't talk?

Orthodox Jews do not hold by the allegory theme.
On the other hand, atheists will say they would believe in a God that can create one thing (existence) but get turned off from the God concept by God creating another thing (Oh my! A talking snake!).
How silly!

So because we aren't smart enough to know for a fact that dolphins talk to each other, that's your proof they don't?

If an alien comes and you can't talk to them, does that mean they don't talk either? Or does that mean you don't talk?
Thus a talking snake shouldn’t bother you.

but you believe in talking bushes and snakes?
You believe that your internal temperature is always 98.6 and you’re not boiling to death?

I believe you may be a talking snake.....or bush....
I am fascinated by atheists.
They come from many generations of what they consider fools.
We also come from many generations who beat their wives and children. Does that mean we should keep doing it?
People are still beating other people.
We are no better or worse off than 1,000 years ago.
In some ways, we are falling apart faster than any other civilization.
You missed the point. You said They come from many generations of what they consider fools.

Why did you shift the point you were trying to make to a completely different point.

Yes, our ancestors were fools. Idiots. Goat herders and ignorant.

How silly!

Thus a talking snake shouldn’t bother you.
SSSSSSnakes can't talk SSSSSSSilly

How silly!

They can communicate. Very little separates us.

King Solomon could talk to all living creatures.
Thus...a snake.
The snake was very intelligent but it’s intelligence was not connected to the breathe of God.
The snake is introduced as the most knowledgeable of the animal kingdom.
Adam checks out the animals and realizes he needs a human, not an animal.
The snake was upset and tried to ruin Adam’s relationship with Eve.

It turns out snakes are not high up as far as intelligence goes. Look it up.

The 10 smartest animals

They were cursed...remember?

Huh? Cursed?

You believe that your internal temperature is always 98.6 and you’re not boiling to death?

We also come from many generations who beat their wives and children. Does that mean we should keep doing it?
You missed the point. You said They come from many generations of what they consider fools.

Why did you shift the point you were trying to make to a completely different point.

If we were in a room discussing religion, I guarantee you that within 1 minute you would state that anyone who believes in God is an idiot.
I would respond by asking how a non-idiot such as yourself came from 30 generations of idiots.
You would then accuse me of insulting your ancestors.
I would respond that you are the person insulting your ancestors.

It’s happened to me more than once.

Your grandparents were fools?
They had entire civilizations without electricity.

How silly!

Thus...a snake.
The snake was very intelligent but it’s intelligence was not connected to the breathe of God.

The 10 smartest animals

Huh? Cursed?

Your Biblical knowledge sucks.

How silly!

Thus...a snake.

The 10 smartest animals

Huh? Cursed?

You know what’s cool?
20 years from now kids will say we were cannibals.

If we were in a room discussing religion, I guarantee you that within 1 minute you would state that anyone who believes in God is an idiot.
I would respond by asking how a non-idiot such as yourself came from 30 generations of idiots.

Nope, they were all idiots. Or brainwashed from birth. Or wishful thinking. Or just went along because for hundreds of years we were forced to be "christians".

Look at what idiots Muslims and mormons are. You're as crazy as they are with your talking snakes.

Not all theists take the stuff you take literally literally. In fact most don't believe in talking snakes. Even they believe anyone who does is an idiot.

First of all we accept that the story is just that: a story. Christians realize that this is not really the sort of story that we need to take literally.

Do Christians Believe in Talking Snakes?

Turns out only idiots believe in talking snakes. Ask Ding. This is an allegory you take literally. Sorry, I can't take you seriously.

Thus...a snake.

The 10 smartest animals

Huh? Cursed?

You know what’s cool?

It was never intended to be read as a historical account of events that took place in a particular garden six thousand years ago somewhere near Iran. It is a story about the beginnings of guilt and evil in the world. This doesn’t mean that the story was totally made up. Indeed, Catholics teach that there was a historical “Adam” and “Eve” who did make a wrong choice. We are not insistent however that the story as it is recorded is word for word literally true. We allow that it may be a legendary story–that the events are rooted in history, but that over time the details were lost and the meaning of the story became more important than the history.

Thus...a snake.

The 10 smartest animals

Huh? Cursed?

Do you see what's happening here? You are telling me about animals who can talk. If that's not unbelievable and immediately dismisses you as a serious person to talk to, instead of proving to me that snakes talk, you move on to say they are cured. And because I don't know the stories in your storybook, that somehow makes me the idiot?

Maybe this is how you were bullied into believing. Next you'll tell me I'm going to hell for not believing your religion right?

Nope, they were all idiots. Or brainwashed from birth. Or wishful thinking. Or just went along because for hundreds of years we were forced to be "christians".

Look at what idiots Muslims and mormons are. You're as crazy as they are with your talking snakes.

Not all theists take the stuff you take literally literally. In fact most don't believe in talking snakes. Even they believe anyone who does is an idiot.

First of all we accept that the story is just that: a story. Christians realize that this is not really the sort of story that we need to take literally.

Turns out only idiots believe in talking snakes. Ask Ding. This is an allegory you take literally. Sorry, I can't take you seriously.
None of this matters to me.
Jews don’t proselytize yet we drive atheists insane just by being in the same room.
It’s sad that you have such a demeaning attitude towards your grandparents.
I hope they aren’t aware.

Your grandparents were fools?
They had entire civilizations without electricity.
And a lot of time to come up with wild stories that today are unbelievable so now they have to admit they were only allegories after lying to us for 2000 years. Got it.

Thus...a snake.

The 10 smartest animals
Huh? Cursed?
You know what’s cool?

It was never intended to be read as a historical account of events that took place in a particular garden six thousand years ago somewhere near Iran. It is a story about the beginnings of guilt and evil in the world. This doesn’t mean that the story was totally made up. Indeed, Catholics teach that there was a historical “Adam” and “Eve” who did make a wrong choice. We are not insistent however that the story as it is recorded is word for word literally true. We allow that it may be a legendary story–that the events are rooted in history, but that over time the details were lost and the meaning of the story became more important than the history.
You don’t even know one verse!

Jews don’t proselytize yet we drive atheists insane just by being in the same room.
They are looking down on me now from heaven.

The 10 smartest animals
Huh? Cursed?
You know what’s cool?

I read it and it didn't move me enough to want to memorize any of it.

Thus...a snake.

The 10 smartest animals
Huh? Cursed?
Do you see what's happening here? You are telling me about animals who can talk. If that's not unbelievable and immediately dismisses you as a serious person to talk to, instead of proving to me that snakes talk, you move on to say they are cured. And because I don't know the stories in your storybook, that somehow makes me the idiot?

Maybe this is how you were bullied into believing. Next you'll tell me I'm going to hell for not believing your religion right?
I stated quite explicitly that until the verse of the snake you had no reason to doubt that God created the universe.
The there’s that darned verse!

Huh? Cursed?
You know what’s cool?

I read it and it didn't move me enough to want to memorize any of it.
That’s your prerogative.
How do you feel about Shakespeare?

They are looking down on me now from heaven.
Sorry, no God, no heaven.

Forum List

Back