NBC News Reports 10 People Indicted

But I'd much rather see the blob put out to pasture and reduced to a pathetic figure who is just pitied for being a cautionary tale of having plenty of dollars but no sense.
Of course, a convicted former president doesn’t necessarily need to be an incarcerated former President; a convicted former president can likewise be a clear and resounding reaffirmation of the rule of law absent incarceration.

But an incarcerated former President would be a clear and resounding reaffirmation of the fact that no one is above the law and a clear and resounding reaffirmation of the rule of law itself.

The ‘get it behind us for the good of the country’ mistake Ford made shouldn’t be repeated; indeed, we likely wouldn’t find ourselves here today had Ford not made that mistake.
I think Ford's move was not a mistake at all. I'm not sure what it would have looked like to see Nixon in Club Fed but I wouldn't have felt any safer or more patriotic because our system worked.

To each their own. I see the point that you and Synthaholic are making. I just disagree. I also think there is a certain amount of humiliation that goes along with a pardon; a robbing of one's manhood that the guy who beat you took mercy on you. It makes Trump look weak, small, and having needed rescue.

F3iul9sWIAAjsVS

Too many dumbass Americans will vote for fascism on the promise of paying 20 cents less per gallon of gas.
Yep.

Lots of people don't take this seriously. Lots of people take this too seriously too BTW; they look at the POTUS race and think it's more important than the county judge. Its not.

I think Ford's move was not a mistake at all. I'm not sure what it would have looked like to see Nixon in Club Fed but I wouldn't have felt any safer or more patriotic because our system worked.

To each their own. I see the point that you and Synthaholic are making. I just disagree. I also think there is a certain amount of humiliation that goes along with a pardon; a robbing of one's manhood that the guy who beat you took mercy on you. It makes Trump look weak, small, and having needed rescue.
Again, a convicted former president doesn’t necessarily need to be an incarcerated former President.

A conviction of Nixon would have established a compelling and important Federal precedent, without Nixon going to prison.

Forum List

Back