NC New Welfare Drug Test Law: 1/3rd Tested Positive from Sample.

Should Welfare Applicants be Required to Take a Drug Test?

• Total voters
Who said it was fair to drug test for a job?

So you're cool with school bus drivers doing drugs? It may or may not be fair. It's been done for years. A lot of things aren't fair, like Obamacare forcing us to participate in commerce, but it's the law.

And it is counterproductive to offer welfare to people when they will just use the money for drugs instead of feeding themselves and their children. The left claims that welfare isn't enough for the basic necessities, so if a person is spending money on drugs, are they not abusing the system? If they have children, are they not neglecting them when money is spent on drugs, alcohol or cigarettes when it clearly means that there won't be money for food and clothing?

It's actually more fair to test those who want our money. It shouldn't be an unconditional thing. Those who linve off others should have legitimate reasons and there should be battached to ensure that the money is spent where it's supposed to be and that able-bodied people are trying to get back on their feet.

Exactly, if nothing else, this knocks the mooches off the dole and makes room for people who will use the extra help to better their situation. As it is intended, rather than as a lifestyle enhancer.

So you're cool with school bus drivers doing drugs?

No because they are transportation

So, it is fair to drug test for jobs.

Got it.

Yes if all jobs were transport, sure

Oh, so no drug tests for people working at nuclear power plants, law reinforcement, etc.?

BTW.. I am a CPA who works in software consulting, I am occasionally drug tested.

How about this. If you want MY money, I have a right to set stipulations on you in order to receive that moniney. Whether in the form of paycheck, or in the form of an EBT card.

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more interested in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

I like this part: "Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it."
The purpose of welfare is to help get people back on their feet. Not to simply subsidize them for sitting on their asses. Doing drugs isn't exactly helpful to the formers ends. 1/3rd of those tested in NC were found to have done drugs. We shouldn't invest in future of those who refuse to invest in their own future. You can't get a job if you fail a drug test. You shouldn't get welfare if you fail a drug test.

And where are you gonna house all those former welfare receipants when they can't pay their rent?

You know, I can see people in high stress jobs being drug tested, because they have to remain sharp while they are on the job.

People who are receiving welfare? No. I don't think they need to be tested. Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it.

Besides............of all the people I've ever known who received financial assistance, they were more interested in feeding themselves and keeping a roof over their head rather than taking drugs.

I like this part: "Why? If they aren't working in a job that could be hazardous to the public, there is no need for it."
The purpose of welfare is to help get people back on their feet. Not to simply subsidize them for sitting on their asses. Doing drugs isn't exactly helpful to the formers ends. 1/3rd of those tested in NC were found to have done drugs. We shouldn't invest in future of those who refuse to invest in their own future. You can't get a job if you fail a drug test. You shouldn't get welfare if you fail a drug test.

And where are you gonna house all those former welfare receipants when they can't pay their rent?

Your house?

How about this. If you want MY money, I have a right to set stipulations on you in order to receive that moniney. Whether in the form of paycheck, or in the form of an EBT card.

It's not your money

It was at some point. A a taxpayer I have an interest in how the money that I pay is spent. Giving to people who ostensibly cannot support themselves without my help but can buy weed doesn't work.

Your house?

How's about in your ass?

maybe if those on welfare weren't high, they would have the energy to go out and find a damn job?
I have to get tested where I work on a regular basis. What makes the welfare leach any different?
in both cases we would be proving we don't use drugs in order to collect a check. ( one check earned, the other not earned)

It's not your money
ernm
OMG , seriously, as a taxpayer I can say with 100% certainty that you are wrong, it is MY money. That's what big government types seem to forget, that money comes from TAXES . The government works for US.

Your house?

How's about in your ass?

My ass is big, but not that big. Now, got something intelligent to add?

It's not your money

It was at some point. A a taxpayer I have an interest in how the money that I pay is spent. Giving to people who ostensibly cannot support themselves without my help but can buy weed doesn't work.

But you're ok with endless bullshit wars. Ok, now we know how you think.

Your house?

How's about in your ass?

My ass is big, but not that big. Now, got something intelligent to add?

That was sarcasm asshole. Will there be anything else I can help you understand?

Your house?

How's about in your ass?

What a thoughtful and well reasoned, response.

Forum List

Back