Neighborhood jihadists were observed by neighbors, too afraid to report suspicious activity.

"We know what they were doing. They were plotting to kill Christians and westerners.

Because THAT'S WHAT MUSLIM MEN WHO TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH FROM THE MIDDLE EAST DO." KG

So do Exxon oil executives.

Wow, now oil companies are more evil than Muslim terrorists in the eye of progressive turds.

I guess that bike in you avatar is powered by hot air?

Trolls troll.

That's what they do.

Trying to have a normal conversation with them is pointless.

So it seems.

He is supporting CC's nonsensical claim that I lied but won't explain what the lie supposedly is.

An answer that if he was not a troll should take one sentence to answer.
The behavior of those two is so similar, they may be the same troll.

They never comment on my list of honest lefties, because they have neither the balls nor the honor to just admit it.
The level of self deception I sense from them freaks me out.
Well, there's no way of knowing whether it's self-deception or just dishonesty. They may just be here to play games, and be nasty, and that's fine. It may just be this place provides some kind of catharsis for them, or a temporary self esteem fix. Whatever. Fortunately, I'm under no obligation to enable the behavior.

However, if you're right and it's self-deception, that another story altogether. I say it a lot - I'm fascinated by the behaviors partisan ideology from an amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological perspective. I think partisan ideologues like this really can talk themselves into almost anything, and that's interesting to observe.

Either way, trying to maintain a normal conversation with either of them is an abject waste of time.

True.

It is disheartening though, how few posters, especially on the other side, who are willing to even try to address issues seriously and honestly.
It gets frustrating for me because I lean Left.

When a person has to lie to "make" a "point", then maybe that "point" is weak, y'know?

So their behavior constantly makes me re-examine my positions.

That's where we are right now in this country, and nothing improves until we can at LEAST be HONEST with each other.

"We know what they were doing. They were plotting to kill Christians and westerners.

Because THAT'S WHAT MUSLIM MEN WHO TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH FROM THE MIDDLE EAST DO." KG

So do Exxon oil executives.

Wow, now oil companies are more evil than Muslim terrorists in the eye of progressive turds.

I guess that bike in you avatar is powered by hot air?

Not to mention the computer is he typing on.

Correll and Mac, when and if you are polite, you will be treated the same. That is never going to change.

So it seems.

He is supporting CC's nonsensical claim that I lied but won't explain what the lie supposedly is.

An answer that if he was not a troll should take one sentence to answer.

They never comment on my list of honest lefties, because they have neither the balls nor the honor to just admit it.
Well, there's no way of knowing whether it's self-deception or just dishonesty. They may just be here to play games, and be nasty, and that's fine. It may just be this place provides some kind of catharsis for them, or a temporary self esteem fix. Whatever. Fortunately, I'm under no obligation to enable the behavior.

However, if you're right and it's self-deception, that another story altogether. I say it a lot - I'm fascinated by the behaviors partisan ideology from an amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological perspective. I think partisan ideologues like this really can talk themselves into almost anything, and that's interesting to observe.

Either way, trying to maintain a normal conversation with either of them is an abject waste of time.

True.

It is disheartening though, how few posters, especially on the other side, who are willing to even try to address issues seriously and honestly.

When a person has to lie to "make" a "point", then maybe that "point" is weak, y'know?

That's where we are right now in this country, and nothing improves until we can at LEAST be HONEST with each other.

I constantly try to point that out to people.

If you have to lie to defend your point, that should be a huge sign that you might be wrong.

I read a line in a book, were a character had a moment thinking about how often the Truth was a problem for the people in the room he was in.

I also end up constantly rechecking myself too.

I have little hope that anything will improve in my lifetime. I am greatly concerned about the future.

True.

If you have to lie to defend your point, that should be a huge sign that you might be wrong.

I read a line in a book, were a character had a moment thinking about how often the Truth was a problem for the people in the room he was in.

I have little hope that anything will improve in my lifetime. I am greatly concerned about the future.
To me, the problem right now is that people like this - both sides - have most of the energy and therefore the influence. I don't think they represent a particularly high percentage of the populace, but they definitely are the loudest.

Yeah, I don't see improvement any time soon either.

Be polite, Mac, and be treated the same way.

Troll and lie, and you get your rhetorical butt kicked.

That is never going to change.

When is the last time you checked your assumptions?
You seem to enjoy posting constantly back to the bitch troll.
Why?
If you were really serious you would have put the bitch on PI already like I and others have done a long time ago.
Just saying.

Correll and Mac, when and if you are polite, you will be treated the same. That is never going to change.

Except that you insist on using your assumption that anyone who disagrees with you, based on your disagreement with our logic (circular reason much?) must be racist or bigots, and then you call us names

AND then you consider any like respond back to be COMPLETELY UNJUSTIFIED because all you did was "call us what we are".

Sorry, jake, you don't get to be an ass and have civil treatment in return.

Stop lying to yourself.

Wake the fuck up.

True.

To me, the problem right now is that people like this - both sides - have most of the energy and therefore the influence. I don't think they represent a particularly high percentage of the populace, but they definitely are the loudest.

I strongly recommend this book.

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion - Kindle edition by Jonathan Haidt. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

"His starting point is moral intuition—the nearly instantaneous perceptions we all have about other people and the things they do. These intuitions feel like self-evident truths, making us righteously certain that those who see things differently are wrong. Haidt shows us how these intuitions differ across cultures, including the cultures of the political left and right. He blends his own research findings with those of anthropologists, historians, and other psychologists to draw a map of the moral domain, and he explains why conservatives can navigate that map more skillfully than can liberals. He then examines the origins of morality, overturning the view that evolution made us fundamentally selfish creatures. But rather than arguing that we are innately altruistic, he makes a more subtle claim—that we are fundamentally groupish. It is our groupishness, he explains, that leads to our greatest joys, our religious divisions, and our political affiliations. In a stunning final chapter on ideology and civility, Haidt shows what each side is right about, and why we need the insights of liberals, conservatives, and libertarians to flourish as a nation."

True.

I strongly recommend this book.

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion - Kindle edition by Jonathan Haidt. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

"His starting point is moral intuition—the nearly instantaneous perceptions we all have about other people and the things they do. These intuitions feel like self-evident truths, making us righteously certain that those who see things differently are wrong. Haidt shows us how these intuitions differ across cultures, including the cultures of the political left and right. He blends his own research findings with those of anthropologists, historians, and other psychologists to draw a map of the moral domain, and he explains why conservatives can navigate that map more skillfully than can liberals. He then examines the origins of morality, overturning the view that evolution made us fundamentally selfish creatures. But rather than arguing that we are innately altruistic, he makes a more subtle claim—that we are fundamentally groupish. It is our groupishness, he explains, that leads to our greatest joys, our religious divisions, and our political affiliations. In a stunning final chapter on ideology and civility, Haidt shows what each side is right about, and why we need the insights of liberals, conservatives, and libertarians to flourish as a nation."
Wow, thanks, I have it bookmarked.

:clap2:

You guys can hang with racist anti-Americans like Danny, or you can try to act normally, Correll and Mac. Now be polite and get it in return.

Why?
If you were really serious you would have put the bitch on PI already like I and others have done a long time ago.
Just saying.

YOu are correct.

I do sort of enjoy calling these assholes on their assholeness.

One could speculate on why, if one was that interested on the internal making of my mind.

I do ask myself why, and would be happy to share my thoughts on myself if you find me that interesting;):beer:

Mac, I will address you anytime I want.

Correll, be an asshole be treated like one.

All you two have to do is be polite to get it in return.

You guys can hang with racist anti-Americans like Danny, or you can try to act normally, Correll and Mac. Now be polite and get it in return.

Already and constantly addressed. You are now engaged in the Logical Fallacy of Proof By Assertion.

Proof by assertion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[citation needed]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.[1] Modern politics contains many examples of proof by assertions. This practice can be observed in the use of political slogans, and the distribution of "talking points", which are collections of short phrases that are issued to members of modern political parties for recitation to achieve maximum message repetition. The technique is also sometimes used in advertising"

Mac, I will address you anytime I want.

Correll, be an asshole be treated like one.

All you two have to do is be polite to get it in return.

Already and constantly addressed. You are now engaged in the Logical Fallacy of Proof By Assertion.

Proof by assertion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[citation needed]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.[1] Modern politics contains many examples of proof by assertions. This practice can be observed in the use of political slogans, and the distribution of "talking points", which are collections of short phrases that are issued to members of modern political parties for recitation to achieve maximum message repetition. The technique is also sometimes used in advertising"

If Correll knew what are the principles of logic, that would be one thing.

His misposting of what he thinks applies reveals that he does not know.

Correll, try using your own language to interpret what you posted.

You can't. I know it, you know it, we all know it. You keep reposting an assertion in hope that others will believe it. PC does that. It is a fallacy.

There is no PC as you describe it at all.

You have the right to talk and write as you will, and good people will hold you accountable for it.

Trolls like Mac think they can redefine words, terms, and meanings.

Then they cry when they are held accountable for being idiots.

You are truly an idiot, and if I had the power I would boot you for good from this board.
Calling Mac a troll is so ridiculously stupid, you do not deserve to ever be taken seriously again.

Dude...was Fakey EVER taken seriously?

digital and jarl are humping my leg.

No one takes the far right on this Board as serious contributors.

Why?
Just saying.

YOu are correct.

I do sort of enjoy calling these assholes on their assholeness.

One could speculate on why, if one was that interested on the internal making of my mind.

I do ask myself why, and would be happy to share my thoughts on myself if you find me that interesting;):beer:
That's the point. No one here finds your 'one liners' back and forth with a fucking loser most people have put on ignore 'interesting' to read.
Here. I'll show you how 'interested' I am in you:
Permanent Ignore.
One liner 'pissing matches' is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Forum List

Back