Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Christmas morning jokes ignite pious furor

He's such a stupid fucking lowlife, no wonder he believes in "Manmade Climate Change"

Is he supposed to be important in all of this?

It's tasteless of him, but also his right, whether we like it or not.

Yes, it is indeed his right.

And if a Christian tried to destroy him or damage his career just for speaking his mind, they would be quite wrong to do so.

That kind of thing is best left to the experts in the PC Police.

Or perhaps it is just best left ignored.

He's such a stupid fucking lowlife, no wonder he believes in "Manmade Climate Change"

And if a Christian tried to destroy him or damage his career just for speaking his mind, they would be quite wrong to do so.

Could be.

Tell that to the PC Police while you're at it.

They won't listen, of course.

How very Christian of CrusaderFrank and the rest of the faux Christians, above. What would Jesus say ("hey Frank, get the hell out of the temple, you don't belong here" would be a good bet).

Islam is a violent, insane religion from hell. Of course he wouldn't insult it...As he values his own ass.

I can't wait for his jokes about Islam.

I know you're not holding your breath on THAT one.

Islam, of course, is the PC-protected religion, so we can't have that.

That would be wrong.

Well here he is saying some pretty damn insulting stuff about Islam. You can stop holding your breath now.

Don't feel like wading through all that.

Could you point to where he teases Islam like he does Christianity in the OP?

Just point out the times and I'll check it out.

Min 5:42 thru 8:55

Could be.

Tell that to the PC Police while you're at it.

They won't listen, of course.

Is that 9.1.1.

or

6.6.6 ?

:lol:

That would be wrong.

Well here he is saying some pretty damn insulting stuff about Islam. You can stop holding your breath now.

Yeah, he's really poking fun at Islam there.

Sheesh.

That would be wrong.

Yeah, he's really poking fun at Islam there.

Sheesh.

No it was all positive stuff...really

How very Christian of CrusaderFrank and the rest of the faux Christians, above. What would Jesus say ("hey Frank, get the hell out of the temple, you don't belong here" would be a good bet).

When did I ever claim to be a Christian? The only times I've been in church the past 4 decades was to take my Mom to Midnight Christmas mass or for wedding or funerals.

Neil is a fucking fraud, not surprising you defend him

I think he's just about ready to declare the Christian Jihad.

I tried to watch the show Cosmos but he screwed it up with a bunch of anti-Christian crap. It was nothing like Sagan's show. He should have just had a different show for religious studies.

I tried to watch the show Cosmos but he screwed it up with a bunch of anti-Christian crap. It was nothing like Sagan's show. He should have just had a different show for religious studies.

It's hard to talk about the history of science without mentioning the history of religious people doing everything they could to stop its advancement.

It's hard to talk about the history of science without mentioning the history of religious people doing everything they could to stop its advancement.
Which proves my point, it was about man's history, not the universe. Many scientists were Christian but he neglected to mention it. Did he mention Georges Lemaitre? His show was for lemmings of weak persuasion to be influenced into a belief. I don't recall Sagan needing to smear any religion to discuss the aspects and facts about the universe.

Which proves my point, it was about man's history, not the universe. Many scientists were Christian but he neglected to mention it. Did he mention Georges Lemaitre? His show was for lemmings of weak persuasion to be influenced into a belief. I don't recall Sagan needing to smear any religion to discuss the aspects and facts about the universe.

Most of the scientists he spoke about in the show were religious. Since there was little science back then it made perfect sense to believe a sky pixie did everything. Now it just so happens that most of their discoveries were at odds with the belief of the church to the point of them fearing for their lives. That's why Copernicus did not release his book until he was on his death bed.

The histories of science and religion will always be tied together because science is the practice of testing faith.

Here is a list of scientists discussed on the show:
The Scientists of Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey Black Geoscientists

Most of the scientists he spoke about in the show were religious. Since there was little science back then it made perfect sense to believe a sky pixie did everything. Now it just so happens that most of their discoveries were at odds with the belief of the church to the point of them fearing for their lives. That's why Copernicus did not release his book until he was on his death bed.

The histories of science and religion will always be tied together because science is the practice of testing faith.

Here is a list of scientists discussed on the show:
The Scientists of Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey Black Geoscientists
What was believed when and where has zip to do with our understanding today. And just because science has more information about the universe does not mean it will have any answers regarding its' beginning. Science can be misused to spread a faith, so the whole premise of the show is weird. It does fit in with his stupid tweets though.

Forum List

Back