Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Christmas morning jokes ignite pious furor

I tried to watch the show Cosmos but he screwed it up with a bunch of anti-Christian crap. It was nothing like Sagan's show. He should have just had a different show for religious studies.

It's hard to talk about the history of science without mentioning the history of religious people doing everything they could to stop its advancement.
Which proves my point, it was about man's history, not the universe. Many scientists were Christian but he neglected to mention it. Did he mention Georges Lemaitre? His show was for lemmings of weak persuasion to be influenced into a belief. I don't recall Sagan needing to smear any religion to discuss the aspects and facts about the universe.

Most of the scientists he spoke about in the show were religious. Since there was little science back then it made perfect sense to believe a sky pixie did everything. Now it just so happens that most of their discoveries were at odds with the belief of the church to the point of them fearing for their lives. That's why Copernicus did not release his book until he was on his death bed.

The histories of science and religion will always be tied together because science is the practice of testing faith.

Here is a list of scientists discussed on the show:
The Scientists of Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey Black Geoscientists
What was believed when and where has zip to do with our understanding today. And just because science has more information about the universe does not mean it will have any answers regarding its' beginning. Science can be misused to spread a faith, so the whole premise of the show is weird. It does fit in with his stupid tweets though.

I promise you what was believed and when had plenty to do with the lives of the people talked about in the show. Science has given us answers to many things. How do you know it won't tell us anything about the beginning? It's already given us theories to test out about it.

You know..................I read the article and saw Dr. Tyson's tweets. Not much in there that I could see as disrespectful. Newton actually WAS born on Christmas.

Besides...................I think that God and Jesus are big enough that they don't mind the occasional joke at their expense.

It's only the small minded Christians who think that God needs them to defend Him.

I promise you what was believed and when had plenty to do with the lives of the people talked about in the show. Science has given us answers to many things. How do you know it won't tell us anything about the beginning? It's already given us theories to test out about it.
What the fuck is wrong with you? You keep babbling in circles. I said it would have been good to do a separate show about it if he wanted to get into it, but it wasn't like the original Cosmos, which was disappointing to me. I don't give a fuck if it gave you a hard on. Cosmos wasn't about religions. There are many religions in man's history.

There were and are many religious scientists, almost half the last I checked. The show was for people like you that are more concerned about the past and what people believed. I wanted to see facts about the universe. How is that too hard for you?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You keep babbling in circles. I said it would have been good to do a separate show about it if he wanted to get into it, but it wasn't like the original Cosmos, which was disappointing to me. I don't give a fuck if it gave you a hard on. Cosmos wasn't about religions. There are many religions in man's history.

There were and are many religious scientists, almost half the last I checked. The show was for people like you that are more concerned about the past and what people believed. I wanted to see facts about the universe. How is that too hard for you?

I watched the entire Cosmos series, and about all Tyson really said about religion was that some people were confused on the actual age of the Earth because of it.

I never heard him say much about religion other than that.

c7FoF.png

I watched the entire Cosmos series, and about all Tyson really said about religion was that some people were confused on the actual age of the Earth because of it.

I never heard him say much about religion other than that.
The first show was mostly on religion and not just the age of the Earth. He obviously had an ax to grind, it's not my kind of show.

Another example of the communists' War on Christmas.

Where is Bill Oreilly?

Tyson is a fraud. He admits he got into college via affirmative action which means his doctorate is honorary.

He makes a crack about Benny the blue nosed reindeer not getting the gig because red light penetrates fog best, and that causes a Christian fatwa?

its the other three ones people have an issue with, but thanks for being a prick about it.

Wow, all this butthurt and even a call for death? You guys will start to give Muslims a run for their money if you carry on much longer.
Those Far Right Religions all have a lot in common.
Yeah, I just didn't expect to see Benny the blue nosed reindeer push them over the edge like that.

Again, I believe the other three were the issue, but keep playing the buffoon and referencing the unoffensive one.

Forum List

Back