Neo-Confederate libertarians are not conservatives.

The historical fact is that Lincoln invaded the state of Virginia at the First battle of Bull run. If you're thinking of Fort Sumter, you're mistaken. Sending armed ships into the territorial waters of South Carolina was an act of war.

You are so full of s*** seeing as fort Sumpter was there before there was a Confederate States of America

Fort Sumter was always within the territorial boundaries of South Carolina. The latter sold the property to the federal government. They didn't ceded the territory. Furthermore, when union ships attempted to resupply for Sumter, then entered into the territorial waters of South Carolina.

The union maneuver was an act of war. There is no possible way to conceive it otherwise.

You need to stop making a fool out of yourself and learn some actual history

So you don't actually care about slavery at all. Slavery itself is fine in your mind. The issue is how much you talk about slavery. Talk about it too much and you're an evil slaver, but if you just sweep it under the rug like the Colonists did then you're good to go. Got it.

Can I also point out that it makes no sense to call me a racist on one hand, and talk about how I have "white guilt" on the other?

Look at the child trying to be clever. Please take your dishonesty Elsewhere. Fact is I an not the one who is endorsing a fascist government built on slavery you are. Because colonist had slaves and some of the founding fathers had slaves does not excuse slavery it's just the opposite. I don't expect you to understand why don't you wait to Ron Paul gives you what you need to think.

Actually you are. Lincoln was certainly a fascist, and the Union over which he presided kept slavery legal. So you are, in fact, endorsing a fascist government built on slavery. I, on the other hand, am not endorsing any government.
You're telling me the Union kept slavery legal after the Emancipation Proclamation? If so you're a liar

Look at the child trying to be clever. Please take your dishonesty Elsewhere. Fact is I an not the one who is endorsing a fascist government built on slavery you are. Because colonist had slaves and some of the founding fathers had slaves does not excuse slavery it's just the opposite. I don't expect you to understand why don't you wait to Ron Paul gives you what you need to think.

Actually you are. Lincoln was certainly a fascist, and the Union over which he presided kept slavery legal. So you are, in fact, endorsing a fascist government built on slavery. I, on the other hand, am not endorsing any government.
You're telling me the Union kept slavery legal after the Emancipation Proclamation? If so you're a liar

Absolutely. The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the Confederacy. The five border states who remained in the Union were still allowed to practice slavery under the Emancipation Proclamation.

Try reading the EP it only applied to areas of the South not under union control. He's no liar, and thou art an idiot.

Last edited:

Absolutely. The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to the Confederacy. The five border states who remained in the Union were still allowed to practice slavery under the Emancipation Proclamation.
As were specifically named areas of Louisiana under union control.

You are so full of s*** seeing as fort Sumpter was there before there was a Confederate States of America

Fort Sumter was always within the territorial boundaries of South Carolina. The latter sold the property to the federal government. They didn't ceded the territory. Furthermore, when union ships attempted to resupply for Sumter, then entered into the territorial waters of South Carolina.

The union maneuver was an act of war. There is no possible way to conceive it otherwise.

Counter clerk, try reading, you'd improve your standing amongst those here who have actually gotten an education.

I am tired of the neo-confederate libertarians acting like they are conservatives. They are not. They honor this flag
th
Which is the flag of Anti-American democrat slave owners. I know the Noe-Confeds will rush in here and say it is about states rights.... Like Alfonzo Rachele said "States rights to do what? Own Slaves!" That flag goes against the very fiber of conservatism which is the ideology of CONSERVING the republic. Neo-confeds like to believe their stance on taxes means they are not liberal when they really are. They dont care if there is slavery, abortion, drug abuse, hookers, crime, murder, rape, arson as long as they dont have to pay taxes to stop it. Thats not conservative that selfish like any other liberal.
I do believe that the current US Flag (minus a few stars) allowed slavery under its banner for much longer than the flag you posted.
If you want to use symbolism in your argument, try to use the right symbol.
Oh, BTW, the rest of your OP is just as foolishly false as the part I commented on.

How ironic.

Please educate us on the true course of events.

Sure it did. The Emancipation Proclamation outlawed slavery only in those areas that weren't under Union control. It was still perfectly legal everywhere else. It didn't free a single slave. It was a cynical exercise in propaganda

Sure it did. The Emancipation Proclamation outlawed slavery only in those areas that weren't under Union control. It was still perfectly legal everywhere else. It didn't free a single slave. It was a cynical exercise in propaganda
clear_pixel.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] www.archives.gov[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] October 23, 2013 [/FONT]
clear_pixel.gif
print_friendly_570x1_black.gif
clear_pixel.gif
The Emancipation Proclamation
January 1, 1863A Transcription
By the President of the United States of America:
A Proclamation.
Whereas, on the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, a proclamation was issued by the President of the United States, containing, among other things, the following, to wit:
"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.
"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."
Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit: Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.
And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.
And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.
And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.
And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.
Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.
By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN
WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.

So many racist democrats lying about being conservatives.... Go back to your trailers

Hey once everyone is back in their trailers.. We can TELL who are the racist Democrats.
Just drive thru the park with a megaphone and offer free ObamaPhones.. You'll find them all flocking out into the road... The real Conservatives will be painting laser spots on your "visualize World Peace" bumper sticker from their trailer windows..

If it wasn't for all that "boring" discussion about Emancipation on this thread -- it might have been funny.. :tongue:

Northern Liberals freed the slaves from the Southern Cons.

For decades after, Cons championed State's rights. Heck, you guys ran Goldwater in 1964 in order to deny black people rights.

Then Reagan gave is his infamous Neshoba County fair....highlighting state rights.

I love how Cons try to rewrite history.

For decades after, Cons championed State's rights. Heck, you guys ran Goldwater in 1964 in order to deny black people rights.

Then Reagan gave is his infamous Neshoba County fair....highlighting state rights.

No republicans freed slaves from democrats....

And Parties haven't changed then, dumbass?

Do you really think that you are the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower?

Right winger are beyond retarded.

And Parties haven't changed then, dumbass?

Do you really think that you are the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower?

Right winger are beyond retarded.

No they haven't changed. I don't believe in fairy tales

Forum List

Back