Net Stalkers

You became upset when you felt as if you were attacked by a group of anonymous cyber characters who you thought were your friends ?

You can be an insensitive ass at times, dilloduck. I believe we have gotten your point: you are a teflon man and nothing anyone could say would upset you.

No need to co-opt IMEURU's suffering to make your point further.

I do find it hard to be real sensitive to those who are hurt as a result of their own illusions. I don't even give myself a break when I get too carried away with the goings on of a cyber forum. The phenomenon of internet based socializing is still quite absurd to me but I'm trying to grasp all the nuances.

My favorite absurdity remains that fact that typing in all caps is offensive and interpreted as rude yelling. What a hoot.:cuckoo:

THAT ALWAYS CRACKED ME UP TOO!

AS IF OOO OUCH MY EARS........... :eusa_eh: :lol:

The fun of being someone's obsession does wear thin fast. I know scarcely any woman anywhere on the 'net that has not been harrassed, and I know of one case where the man doing the harrassment ended up in prison.

Some people turn on the pc and lose their fucking minds. It's as if they are on drugs. They cannot seem to grasp that they are interacting with other humans, and that their on-line conduct can have off-line consequences.

IMO, when a woman tells a man she wishes to be left alone (or a man tells a woman, or man to man, and so on) there should be a ginormous pressure on that person to comply. Mebbe not a legal one, but nonetheless, after asking someone to leave you in peace, there should be some relief.

What say you, folks? Should net stalking victims be better protected?

Who's harrassing you maddie, I will track them down and kick the shit out of them.:eusa_angel: True story :thup:

The fun of being someone's obsession does wear thin fast. I know scarcely any woman anywhere on the 'net that has not been harrassed, and I know of one case where the man doing the harrassment ended up in prison.

Some people turn on the pc and lose their fucking minds. It's as if they are on drugs. They cannot seem to grasp that they are interacting with other humans, and that their on-line conduct can have off-line consequences.

IMO, when a woman tells a man she wishes to be left alone (or a man tells a woman, or man to man, and so on) there should be a ginormous pressure on that person to comply. Mebbe not a legal one, but nonetheless, after asking someone to leave you in peace, there should be some relief.

Who's harrassing you maddie, I will track them down and kick the shit out of them.:eusa_angel: True story :thup:

True Story!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

You are a sweetie pie, bigreb. No one is hassling me -- I'm golden. This new area of law interests me and I like discussing it. Despite all the "shoot the messenger" posts that have been made, the fact is, I dun support the proliferation of all these new laws. They are too often badly-written by people like me (technotards) and there is not enough time to get them up to court, get a decision, appeal from it, etc. so everyone knows where they stand before 1,001 more new laws are passed.

It began with "thou shalt not hack", then it was "thou shalt not use the net to commit financial crimes", then it was "thou shalt not use the net to threaten or cause fear", and now it's moved on to "thou shalt not bully", and "thou shalt not write hate speech", two of the vaguest crimes or whatever they are I have ever heard of.

In general, I object to a body of law so complex, vague and fast-changing, no reasonably prudent person could stay on top of it.

Snooping Through Wife's E-Mail Gets Michigan Man Charged With Felony Computer Misuse - ABC News

But like it or not, this is the legal environment we are in. My Op and subsequent posts asks basically, how should we react, as USMBers? How should the Mod Squad react? I dun pretend to have all the answers, but I think the questions are interesting.

Last edited:

True Story!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faggot boy true stoy

Last edited by a moderator:

You are a sweetie pie, bigreb. No one is hassling me -- I'm golden. This new area of law interests me and I like discussing it. Despite all the "shoot the messenger" posts that have been made, the fact is, I dun support the proliferation of all these new laws. They are too often badly-written by people like me (technotards) and there is not enough time to get them up to court, get a decision, appeal from it, etc. so everyone knows where they stand before 1,001 more new laws are passed.

It began with "thou shalt not hack", then it was "thou shalt not use the net to commit financial crimes", then it was "thou shalt not use the net to threaten or cause fear", and now it's moved on to "thou shalt not bully", and "thou shalt not write hate speech", two of the vaguest crimes or whatever they are I have ever heard of.

In general, I object to a body of law so complex, vague and fast-changing, no reasonably prudent person could stay on top of it.

Snooping Through Wife's E-Mail Gets Michigan Man Charged With Felony Computer Misuse - ABC News

But like it or not, this is the legal environment we are in. My Op and subsequent posts asks basically, how should we react, as USMBers? How should the Mod Squad react? I dun pretend to have all the answers, but I think the questions are interesting.

We're always in some idiotic legal environment. I'm not going to do anything different than usual.

OMG, what a terrible way to get such awful news. I am sorry, IMEURU.

To clarlify, Maddie, I already knew she passed. I went to the board to tell my friends of her passing and I was quite mopey. But some were not friends...and they did a pile on that I was just lying about it to get attention. Until the newbie showed up with all the info. How that person knew, I don't know. Nor care at this point.
I'm pretty much open about everything, but since then, I don't get too yappy with more personal info about myself. It was a good lesson.

You became upset when you felt as if you were attacked by a group of anonymous cyber characters who you thought were your friends ?

Yup. And will in future. I am not a borg nor have been assimilated, dilloduck. My outlook is different that yours, I guess. Which makes us what we are...individuals.

To clarlify, Maddie, I already knew she passed. I went to the board to tell my friends of her passing and I was quite mopey. But some were not friends...and they did a pile on that I was just lying about it to get attention. Until the newbie showed up with all the info. How that person knew, I don't know. Nor care at this point.
I'm pretty much open about everything, but since then, I don't get too yappy with more personal info about myself. It was a good lesson.

Yup. And will in future. I am not a borg nor have been assimilated, dilloduck. My outlook is different that yours, I guess. Which makes us what we are...individuals.

Amen sister. We all gotta come up with out own little personal drama or go insane. Just checking to see how you play it.

Amen sister. We all gotta come up with out own little personal drama or go insane. Just checking to see how you play it.

I will "play it" as the script is handed to me and if I feel like playing the part. I'll see how you critique the theatrics while you roam your own little rubber room. :lol:

I will "play it" as the script is handed to me and if I feel like playing the part. I'll see how you critique the theatrics while you roam your own little rubber room. :lol:

I hope you find it entertaining or thought provoking. It will give my life meaning and stuff.

Scripts get handed to you ? :eusa_eh:

I hope you find it entertaining or thought provoking. It will give my life meaning and stuff.

Sure scripts get handed to me. SEE, YOU JUST HANDED ME ONE. NOW, HOW SHALL I REACT? oops..sorry..caps. Shouting and all that. Anyway...this particular script is a one liner.
Yawn.

Sure scripts get handed to me. SEE, YOU JUST HANDED ME ONE. NOW, HOW SHALL I REACT? oops..sorry..caps. Shouting and all that. Anyway...this particular script is a one liner.
Yawn.

kept us off the streets for a couple hours.

I'm just going to say this. Harry Truman pursued Bess for many many years pestering her to marry him.

Today, he'd have been in jail inside of 2 months.

It's only stalking if it's unwanted attention. Hence why it's a sticky issue.

I'm just going to say this. Harry Truman pursued Bess for many many years pestering her to marry him.

Today, he'd have been in jail inside of 2 months.

It's only stalking if it's unwanted attention. Hence why it's a sticky issue.

We do romanticize persistence in men, my Big Fizzy friend. We need to teach our daughters that "no" is a complete sentence, and our sons that they should respect it.

Forum List

Back