Net Stalkers

I'm just going to say this. Harry Truman pursued Bess for many many years pestering her to marry him.

Today, he'd have been in jail inside of 2 months.

It's only stalking if it's unwanted attention. Hence why it's a sticky issue.

We do romanticize persistence in men, my Big Fizzy friend. We need to teach our daughters that "no" is a complete sentence, and our sons that they should respect it.

oh please--that initial "no" changes from day to day. You don't wanna be burning any bridges now.

To clarlify, Maddie, I already knew she passed. I went to the board to tell my friends of her passing and I was quite mopey. But some were not friends...and they did a pile on that I was just lying about it to get attention. Until the newbie showed up with all the info. How that person knew, I don't know. Nor care at this point.
I'm pretty much open about everything, but since then, I don't get too yappy with more personal info about myself. It was a good lesson.

You became upset when you felt as if you were attacked by a group of anonymous cyber characters who you thought were your friends ?

You can be an insensitive ass at times, dilloduck. I believe we have gotten your point: you are a teflon man and nothing anyone could say would upset you.

No need to co-opt IMEURU's suffering to make your point further.

What's insensitive about pointing out lunacy? It's one thing to get too wrapped up in the internet and feel a little scorched; it's another to be tricked into thinking people on a message board are there to support you.

I'm pretty open about all my information; I don't share things I don't want flapped in my face and I don't take attacks personally EXCEPT when they're threats. I would feel like a complete idiot if I got my feelings hurt and viewed it as a life altering event. In fact, if that happened I think I'd take a sabbatical.

People online are rude, crude, lewd and obnoxious...and largely anonymous. IT IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK FOR FRIENDS. Have we not all seen enough real crime drama about the dangers of the internet to realize that? Don't expect message board friends to take the place of real-life friends in the event of death, disaster, or depression. It won't work out.

Where did I say I was looking for friends here?

Y'all are taking this way too seriously.

Nobody said you were looking for friends here. You're emoting over hurt feelings on another site, so obviously you were looking for something that you didn't get.

My observation is that it's foolish to expect meaningful support from people you only know through a messageboard.

Nobody said you were looking for friends here. You're emoting over hurt feelings on another site, so obviously you were looking for something that you didn't get.

My observation is that it's foolish to expect meaningful support from people you only know through a messageboard.

Um. No. I was referring to how people can gather info quite easily from what you yourself (general you) put "out there".
I guess you can suppose I was looking for something when my friend died. Depends on what you think I was looking for. Perhaps the same thing you are looking for whenever you join in any topic here, ya think?

You may consider it foolish to have friendship on a message board. I don't. In the years I have been participating on boards, I have met a few that I have met in person, some I planned with to meet in Maui for a vacation (that was fun!), some I never met but have been chatting with and swapping pics of family etc for 10 years, etc. Not many, but a few. So if you want to consider it foolish, by all means that's your perogative.
My opinion is just that. An opinion.

Lol..tell it to Maddie. She's the one who got all worked up and obviously thinks you're a hurting unit in need of defense.

Last edited:
There's some right wingers who do a lot of stalking. For instance, when you post a link to a Gallup pol that shows 90% of the Republican Party is white or to the PEW pol that shows only 6% of scientists are Republican, they go ballistic. If those things weren't true, they could post links disputing those assertions. But they don't. They can't. That's why they go ballistic.

It's rare getting a good debate from right wingers on this message board. A lot of the time, they don't know anything. And what they do know is "imagined". Which is why they rarely post links. Unless it's to some loony right wing site.

It's like trying to debate Bill O'Reilly, a man who publicly said, "No one knows what causes the tides".

Lol..tell it to Maddie. She's the one who got all worked up and obviously thinks you're a hurting unit in need of defense.

Maddie misread. It happens.
I don't need defense. I'm a big girl.
Anyway....I'm off to play my playstation.
:eusa_whistle:

There's some right wingers who do a lot of stalking. For instance, when you post a link to a Gallup pol that shows 90% of the Republican Party is white or to the PEW pol that shows only 6% of scientists are Republican, they go ballistic. If those things weren't true, they could post links disputing those assertions. But they don't. They can't. That's why they go ballistic.

It's rare getting a good debate from right wingers on this message board. A lot of the time, they don't know anything. And what they do know is "imagined". Which is why they rarely post links. Unless it's to some loony right wing site.

It's like trying to debate Bill O'Reilly, a man who publicly said, "No one knows what causes the tides".

:lol:

Most Off-Topic Post of the Day Congrats! :thup:

Obsessive Compulsive Behavior thread you might be looking for is over there>>>>>>

:cuckoo:

Hey, Rdean; Have you ever said something really dumb that maybe wasn't what you meant to say at all? "Imagine that." ( you really think Bill O' doesn't understand the relationship between the moon the sun and the oceans? )

I was stalked via an online experience.

By a girl who hates my ex wife.

Since she couldn't go after my Ex, she went after me.

There's a lot of sick people in this world.

Unfettered by real life consequences we see their true colors on the net.

A vigorous debate on the issues -- or the same issue -- is not my idea of a stalker-aggravator, rdean.

I wanna beat you snotless myself every time you repeat that horseshit.

Doesn't mean I am stalking you, and I doubt you find me aggravating.

Words made you run ?

Yes. 10 years worth of words. It got old. I got old. My skin got thinner with age. At least there. It was non stop.

My real identity isn't bonded to my virtual self. It's like acting.
In an ideal cyber world that would be the case with everyone. However we are all human and words can hurt. That we allow the words to hurt us is our own failing but to pretend that it can never happen just isn't realistic.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

My fondness for you is real, Allie. Given enough time, it can be a real friendship -- unless you think meeting on the net condemns us to be paper cut outs of one another forever.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

A vigorous debate on the issues -- or the same issue -- is not my idea of a stalker-aggravator, rdean.

I wanna beat you snotless myself every time you repeat that horseshit.

Doesn't mean I am stalking you, and I doubt you find me aggravating.

Hahahaha....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My fondness for you is real, Allie. Given enough time, it can be a real friendship -- unless you think meeting on the net condemns us to be paper cut outs of one another forever.

There are a few people I would love to meet in real life. You're one; Jillian is another; there are others as well (INSERT EZ HERE) I still recognize the nature of the internet and make it sure to keep one foot in the real world, though.

Last edited:

There are a few people I would love to meet in real life. You're one; Jillian is another; there are others as well. I still recognize the nature of the internet and make it sure to keep one foot in the real world, though.

I see a night of debauchery in our futures, LOL.

Forum List

Back