Nevada: Guns or Foster Children, pick 1

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
I guess children who need foster care don't deserve protection

NRA-ILA | Foster Family Loses Children for Exercising Second Amendment Right

Apparently the functionaries at the Clark County, Nev. Department of Family Services place anti-gun orthodoxy over the welfare of children. Authorities stripped Kristi and Rod Beber of custody of three children under their care and their foster license after it became known to the government that Rod Beber is a gun owner.

According to a report by local NBC affiliate KSNV, back in April the couple awakened to the sound of screaming on their property. Rod reacted by retrieving a handgun, as Kristi called 9-1-1. Police quelled the situation. However, authorities were alerted to the fact that the Bebers own guns, and in July their foster license was revoked. According to DFS, “the incident did not describe an adult exercising sound judgment.”

:cuckoo:

Parents need help. You see, the government is smarter than Elm Lane and its dumb inhabitants. Listen to the man and you will be just fine

Thanks government for making these tough choices for us.

Neat

-Geaux

How stupid. No one was arrested and no one was charged. It seems whatever law the DFS was citing to remove the children has been changed as of June 1st. That is at least a bright side. They are fighting to get their foster license back and I believe they will win. I wish them all the best.

Last edited:
the incident did not describe an adult exercising sound judgment

the foster parents are appealing

Forum List

Back