Never A Dull Moment From This Girl

The more I read what 1%er posts here...the more I'm convinced that he's never EVER owned let alone run a business! He's the prototypical low skill worker who resents the fact that his boss makes more than he does...even though HE'S never put in hundreds of hours of work that he didn't get paid for like most business owners do while they're trying to grow a business!

If he does own any businesses (and I doubt he does) he must have inherited them.

Several of my family members own their own businesses, and each one will tell you it was hard work night and day, huge risks, many troublesome times, and many sleepless nights.

If I'm having a bad day at work, once I punch out, my troubles are over until the next day. That's not true of my boss. His troubles take him into the night and into the next day. All I have to worry about is doing my job. I don't have to pay his bills, I don't have to deal with the government, I don't have to worry about unexpected expenses, I don't have to worry about being sued, I don't have to worry about collecting bills. I simply drive.

One-Percneter talks like an outsider looking in, not an insider looking out. That's how I know he's a pure phony, because every other business owner discusses their situation from both sides.

What are you talking about, you stated that you don't making enough to put new windows in your rentals. If your employer paid you a living wage, you wouldn't have your tenants living in squaller. (Extremely disgusting conditions related to living conditions)

Not having new windows is squaller? What about not having rain showers in the bathroom or a 120" television in each apartment?

My tenants are plenty happy. They have an affordable place to live, close to a bus line, close to the highway, a beautiful backyard with a fireplace, and I don't have annual rent increases.

If there were better deals elsewhere, I would not have long-term tenants as I have today.

"My tenants are plenty happy." - The mating call of slumlords.

Of course you don't have rent increases, if you did your tenants would be complaining to Building and Safety.

Where are they going to go? Another employer that pays fresh fish (market price)?

It's a pretty simple concept to anyone who's actually a business owner (instead of one that pretends to be one like yourself!)...wages are determined by supply and demand. Right now we have record unemployment which means that there are more jobs out there than there are people to fill them. It's a situation where employees are in a stronger bargaining position because if they are skilled at what they do...then there are other employers out there that would LOVE to hire them away from their present employer! In order to keep those good employees as an employer I'm forced to give more to retain them. If I don't then I will lose good employees.

If you believe that, read this; This CEO Took A Pay Cut To Give Employees $70,000 A Year. Now He’s Battling Amazon. | HuffPost

Yeah, he's battling Amazon, but not in company success.

I did some reading (your link and others) about this guy. He created a tech company which usually does very well and with little competition. In any case, he nearly lost everything during the recession by his own admission. Also, as a CEO of a small company (less than 120 employees) he was paying himself up to three times what a CEO normally makes for a company that size before he began this crusade; this according to a Bloomberg report.

Afterwards he became a celebrity. He was on talk shows and even scored a half-mil book deal. He now gets much of his business through that popularity than the service itself. However from what I read, here is what I see the problem as:

If we do go into another recession, I doubt this company will survive unless he does cut employees pay. I see the same problem once the limelight is off for a while and he is just another credit card processing company. A true story about the recession:

At the heart of the recession, my employer almost closed up like many transportation companies did at the time. He didn't confess this to me until much later on long after the recession ended. Anyway, he was able to stay afloat by using rainy day funds he saved for many years; something his competitors didn't do. What his competitors did that he didn't do was spend every last dime on pay increases while times were good, nor did he ever layoff one driver. There were many times at the heart of the recession we just came in and had BS sessions. We had four, five and at times six drivers just sitting outside at a nearby dead end street we go to when there is not much to do.

You can't stay in business very long paying your workers to do nothing, but my employer did. Not only did he never layoff a driver, he kept his promise of an 8 hour pay no if's and's or but's about it. He didn't rescind that policy until things started looking grim. It was my idea he only pay us for the hours we work. He refused to accept my offer, but had no choice later on as the recession kept hold.

What this guy (Dan Price) is doing is the same thing our failed competitors did. He's not building any reserve for bad times. He's a young guy and only experienced one recession in his adult life whereas my employer survived several and learned each time.

So I too learned from that experience. I have a rainy day fund just in case. Sure, my tenants could all use things: new windows, new carpeting, central AC, more parking area, but I'm conservative in what I spend so if times do get bad again, I don't have to worry about selling out and losing a lot of money in the process.

"In times of peace--prepare for war."
Author unknown.

WOW! Anything to bash employers that pay a living wage. How Putinbot of you!

You admit on a public forum that you are a slumlord? How stupid of you.

What I admitted to is that unlike irresponsible liberals like you, I invested my money. I work hard to ensure I'm not one of you losers on the news one night complaining about what taxpayers didn't give me for things I didn't provide for myself.. I don't cry on the radio or television that I'm not being paid enough because screwing bolts onto nuts for a living doesn't pay the bills.

I'm a capitalist racketeer that has a liberal ideology of American Workers are woefully underpaid.

The more I read what 1%er posts here...the more I'm convinced that he's never EVER owned let alone run a business! He's the prototypical low skill worker who resents the fact that his boss makes more than he does...even though HE'S never put in hundreds of hours of work that he didn't get paid for like most business owners do while they're trying to grow a business!

If he does own any businesses (and I doubt he does) he must have inherited them.

Several of my family members own their own businesses, and each one will tell you it was hard work night and day, huge risks, many troublesome times, and many sleepless nights.

If I'm having a bad day at work, once I punch out, my troubles are over until the next day. That's not true of my boss. His troubles take him into the night and into the next day. All I have to worry about is doing my job. I don't have to pay his bills, I don't have to deal with the government, I don't have to worry about unexpected expenses, I don't have to worry about being sued, I don't have to worry about collecting bills. I simply drive.

One-Percneter talks like an outsider looking in, not an insider looking out. That's how I know he's a pure phony, because every other business owner discusses their situation from both sides.

What are you talking about, you stated that you don't making enough to put new windows in your rentals. If your employer paid you a living wage, you wouldn't have your tenants living in squaller. (Extremely disgusting conditions related to living conditions)

Not having new windows is squaller? What about not having rain showers in the bathroom or a 120" television in each apartment?

My tenants are plenty happy. They have an affordable place to live, close to a bus line, close to the highway, a beautiful backyard with a fireplace, and I don't have annual rent increases.

If there were better deals elsewhere, I would not have long-term tenants as I have today.

"My tenants are plenty happy." - The mating call of slumlords.

Of course you don't have rent increases, if you did your tenants would be complaining to Building and Safety.

For what? You can't file a complaint with anybody for rent increases. That's strictly between the landlord and tenant. It's called a Lease.

No, I don't increase rents on my tenants as curtesy to them and a benefit of living here. I've had people living here nearly ten years and they paid the same amount of rent on their last month as they did the first. The only exception to that is if they have additional people moving in which of course increases the cost of water and sewer which I pay. Other than that, rents all stay the same here.

Now once they leave, I do increase the rental price of the unit to more reflect the market at the time.

My company is always looking for contractors, because we can't find people with the self-discipline to actually sit down and WORK for their money.

I wrangle two kinds of contractors, and the division is sharp and clear: the people who are forever needing their assignments reassigned because they "decided to take the weekend off" or had sixteen different excuses why they needed extension after extension, and who are getting MAYBE $500 a month from us; and the people who have their stuff in a week early and are pestering me for more assignments, and are getting bigger monthly paychecks than I do.

BULLSHIT! It puts more money in your bosses pocket and he doesn't have to do the work.....YOU DO!

YOU NEED A RAISE!!!!!

What the fuck are you babbling about NOW? What "it" are you referring to? And what, besides your kneejerk envy and hatred of anyone more successful than you, makes you think my boss doesn't work?

"It" is contractors that YOU were discussing. Since you deal with contractors, I'm sure you know what a form SS-8 is and how it cost Knight-Swift $100M.

No, dumbass, employment and payroll paperwork are not my department, and your "example" is utterly irrelevant to my employer OR the discussion, however much you want to shoehorn it in in the asinine belief that it somehow enobles your BS and makes it sound marginally less fucked.

Whatever screwed-in-the-head thing you've concocted in your "Everyone should be paid $30 an hour to breathe!" imagination to hate and revile the concept of independent contractors, I can assure you that you are NOT "championing" the best interests of our transcribers and proofreaders as far as they themselves are concerned. And every one of them is a damned sight smarter and better-informed about both their jobs and working in general than you are.

Why don't you try ASKING about how people's companies work, rather than confidently - and ignorantly - asserting how they work without the slightest atom of knowledge about the field, or even which company you're talking about?

My company is always looking for contractors, because we can't find people with the self-discipline to actually sit down and WORK for their money.

I wrangle two kinds of contractors, and the division is sharp and clear: the people who are forever needing their assignments reassigned because they "decided to take the weekend off" or had sixteen different excuses why they needed extension after extension, and who are getting MAYBE $500 a month from us; and the people who have their stuff in a week early and are pestering me for more assignments, and are getting bigger monthly paychecks than I do.

Thanks for clearing that up. If your company had weekly contractual goals wouldn't your life be easier?

And again, your company contracts because it's cheaper than hiring folks.

And again, watch out for SS-8 violations.

My company uses independent contractors - as do most transcription services - because it makes more sense for a variety of reasons, for both us and them.

And again, I'm not the accountant or the controller, not that I would expect you to know the difference between management positions.

It's a pretty simple concept to anyone who's actually a business owner (instead of one that pretends to be one like yourself!)...wages are determined by supply and demand. Right now we have record unemployment which means that there are more jobs out there than there are people to fill them. It's a situation where employees are in a stronger bargaining position because if they are skilled at what they do...then there are other employers out there that would LOVE to hire them away from their present employer! In order to keep those good employees as an employer I'm forced to give more to retain them. If I don't then I will lose good employees.

If you believe that, read this; This CEO Took A Pay Cut To Give Employees $70,000 A Year. Now He’s Battling Amazon. | HuffPost

I did some reading (your link and others) about this guy. He created a tech company which usually does very well and with little competition. In any case, he nearly lost everything during the recession by his own admission. Also, as a CEO of a small company (less than 120 employees) he was paying himself up to three times what a CEO normally makes for a company that size before he began this crusade; this according to a Bloomberg report.

Afterwards he became a celebrity. He was on talk shows and even scored a half-mil book deal. He now gets much of his business through that popularity than the service itself. However from what I read, here is what I see the problem as:

If we do go into another recession, I doubt this company will survive unless he does cut employees pay. I see the same problem once the limelight is off for a while and he is just another credit card processing company. A true story about the recession:

At the heart of the recession, my employer almost closed up like many transportation companies did at the time. He didn't confess this to me until much later on long after the recession ended. Anyway, he was able to stay afloat by using rainy day funds he saved for many years; something his competitors didn't do. What his competitors did that he didn't do was spend every last dime on pay increases while times were good, nor did he ever layoff one driver. There were many times at the heart of the recession we just came in and had BS sessions. We had four, five and at times six drivers just sitting outside at a nearby dead end street we go to when there is not much to do.

You can't stay in business very long paying your workers to do nothing, but my employer did. Not only did he never layoff a driver, he kept his promise of an 8 hour pay no if's and's or but's about it. He didn't rescind that policy until things started looking grim. It was my idea he only pay us for the hours we work. He refused to accept my offer, but had no choice later on as the recession kept hold.

What this guy (Dan Price) is doing is the same thing our failed competitors did. He's not building any reserve for bad times. He's a young guy and only experienced one recession in his adult life whereas my employer survived several and learned each time.

So I too learned from that experience. I have a rainy day fund just in case. Sure, my tenants could all use things: new windows, new carpeting, central AC, more parking area, but I'm conservative in what I spend so if times do get bad again, I don't have to worry about selling out and losing a lot of money in the process.

Author unknown.

Wow, anything to bash people who refuse to pay you for the "pleasure" of having your worthless ass sitting around doing nothing.

You admit on a public forum that you're a liar and an imbecile every time you post, but that doesn't seem to bother YOU.

So now you're calling the American Worker....."worthless asses?" How Putinbot of you!

No, I'm calling YOU a worthless ass . . . and it's no wonder you're such a crap employee, given that you apparently don't even understand English.

Author unknown.

What I admitted to is that unlike irresponsible liberals like you, I invested my money. I work hard to ensure I'm not one of you losers on the news one night complaining about what taxpayers didn't give me for things I didn't provide for myself.. I don't cry on the radio or television that I'm not being paid enough because screwing bolts onto nuts for a living doesn't pay the bills.

I'm a capitalist racketeer that has a liberal ideology of American Workers are woefully underpaid.

Being underpaid is subjective. You get paid by the employer for the work you do. It is the employer that decides what your work is worth......not government.....and not you.

If you believe you are not making enough money, that's not on the employer, that's on you. Obviously your services are only worth X amount of money. That's why every other employer in your category of work pays about the same.

If you want to increase your worth, that's up to you, not your employer.

As long as the windows are still intact and functioning and you promptly replace them if they get damaged, I can see not giving much of a crap about getting new ones all the time. Ditto carpets. If I can get damage repaired and have them cleaned once in a while, I'm perfectly happy to make that trade-off for a low rent, accessibility, and being left alone. So will most people. And I don't believe for a second that One actually applies the unreasonable standards he pretends to advocate to his own life.

By the way, guys, the word is "squalor".

What fake one-percenter doesn't know is that by law, the city mandates an inspection of every apartment before each occupation. This is a cost to me of $225.00. They inspect the inside of the apartment, the property itself, any associated area the tenant may be using such as the basement for laundry, the garage for parking, the hallways for exiting and entering the building.

You cannot allow a new tenant to move in unless that inspection passes all city and state codes. Furthermore, if a tenant has an issue that the landlord will not address, the tenant can submit their monthly rent to the city to hold in escrow, and the city will not release that money to the landlord until the issue is resolved.

He thinks WE don't know that he doesn't even remotely live in the conditions he pretends are "minimally acceptable". He imagines how he'd like his life to be, and then tries to guilt and shame people into giving it to him.

Author unknown.

No, you're a jackass who spends a lot of time "between jobs" in whatever unskilled, low-paying field you can con into hiring you and who playacts being rich on the Internet with every bit as much success as you have in remaining employed.

Where are they going to go? Another employer that pays fresh fish (market price)?

They can go to trade school for one and learn how to be worth more money. They can join the military and retire in 20 years with full pay. They can take a job with on site training such as construction or truck driving. Most of us had low paying or minimum wage jobs. We didn't expect the employer to overpay us, we went out and did other things instead.

You still are paid a low wage.

Send you boss this link: This CEO Took A Pay Cut To Give Employees $70,000 A Year. Now He’s Battling Amazon. | HuffPost

We are a small family owned operation. We don't have any CEOs. My employer comes in just like the rest of us and puts in a minimum 9 hour day.

I'm paid a low wage? And you don't even know what I'm paid.

If you're not paid at least $25.00/hr plus benefits you are underpaid.

Really? If you sell bananas for a living, and not able to sell them for $35.00 a bunch, you are being underpaid.

Where do you get this notion that anybody working for a living is being underpaid if they don't make at least $25.00 an hour? The stupidity of your statement is that you don't even know the work, talent or experience required to do the job. If you make french fries for a living, or sweep floors at Walmart, you are being underpaid by your standards.

Since Americans eat 25 pounds of bananas per year, American Workers that handle bananas are woefully underpaid.

That's 8.2 BILLION POUNDS at .58 cents per pound is a chunk of change.

Author unknown.

No, you're a jackass who spends a lot of time "between jobs" in whatever unskilled, low-paying field you can con into hiring you and who playacts being rich on the Internet with every bit as much success as you have in remaining employed.

Most employees feel they are worth more money; I feel I'm worth more money. My job can be dangerous at times. In fact, driving is one of the top ten most dangerous jobs in the country; more dangerous than being a police officer or fireman.

However if it ever gets to the point I believe I'm being underpaid, I live in a free country, and as such, I have the option to start my own company and be my own boss. That way I can pay myself what I feel I'm worth.

As long as the windows are still intact and functioning and you promptly replace them if they get damaged, I can see not giving much of a crap about getting new ones all the time. Ditto carpets. If I can get damage repaired and have them cleaned once in a while, I'm perfectly happy to make that trade-off for a low rent, accessibility, and being left alone. So will most people. And I don't believe for a second that One actually applies the unreasonable standards he pretends to advocate to his own life.

Here ya go...

Urban Dictionary: Squaller

Author unknown.

Most employees feel they are worth more money; I feel I'm worth more money. My job can be dangerous at times. In fact, driving is one of the top ten most dangerous jobs in the country; more dangerous than being a police officer or fireman.

However if it ever gets to the point I believe I'm being underpaid, I live in a free country, and as such, I have the option to start my own company and be my own boss. That way I can pay myself what I feel I'm worth.

Most employees feel they are worth more money, but I'm pretty sure most of the ones who do are mistaken. I don't know how much you actually make, so I couldn't say about you.

Myself, I wish what I did paid more, but I can't honestly say the going rate for it is unfair, given that the basic skills required aren't that uncommon.

What fake one-percenter doesn't know is that by law, the city mandates an inspection of every apartment before each occupation. This is a cost to me of $225.00. They inspect the inside of the apartment, the property itself, any associated area the tenant may be using such as the basement for laundry, the garage for parking, the hallways for exiting and entering the building.

You cannot allow a new tenant to move in unless that inspection passes all city and state codes. Furthermore, if a tenant has an issue that the landlord will not address, the tenant can submit their monthly rent to the city to hold in escrow, and the city will not release that money to the landlord until the issue is resolved.

Cleveland has a voluntary inspection program. Most of you slumlords are yelling UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!

Cleveland has a voluntary inspection program. Most of you slumlords are yelling UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!

I don't live in the city, I live in the suburbs. So no, it's not voluntary. If you get caught renting a unit to somebody without an inspection, the tenant is removed, and you can receive a fine up to $1,000.00 and/ or six months in jail.

Here ya go...

Urban Dictionary: Squaller

Gosh, thanks SO much for an utterly useless link to a pretend dictionary for people who are too illiterate to speak actual English. That certainly proves . . . that I was exactly right, both about the word, and about viewing you with utter disdain.

If I ever feel the need to speak broken gibberish like an ignorant street thug, I'll definitely think of you first.

She’s drunk with power and doesn’t realize there are consequences to spouting your mouth off when you don’t know of what you speak

You mean like this?

Trump asks journalists to look into the 'oranges' of the Mueller investigation – video

patersonnewark-1.jpg

Most employees feel they are worth more money, but I'm pretty sure most of the ones who do are mistaken. I don't know how much you actually make, so I couldn't say about you.

Myself, I wish what I did paid more, but I can't honestly say the going rate for it is unfair, given that the basic skills required aren't that uncommon.

Agreed. It's like the point I made much earlier in this discussion. An employee is only worth as much as it would cost an employer to replace him or her. That's all any of us are worth.

Years ago I went to electronics school for my job. It was tough working 8 to 10 hours six days a week, going to class, studying, and supporting my then girlfriend and her two kids.

After a while I started to get really burned out. So I asked my teacher about my future in electronics. What he told me was extremely disappointing, and certainly not worth the time and exhaustion of going to school there. So I quit.

Why does electronics pay so little? It's a very difficult subject. It's all math. It's because at the time, everybody and their mother wanted to learn electronics. It was the wave of the future. So what we ended up with is a bunch of graduates with no work to be found. That greatly decreased the worth of an electronics technician. If you did find a job, it didn't pay anything; probably less than half of what a UPS driver made at the time.

Agreed. It's like the point I made much earlier in this discussion. An employee is only worth as much as it would cost an employer to replace him or her. That's all any of us are worth.

Years ago I went to electronics school for my job. It was tough working 8 to 10 hours six days a week, going to class, studying, and supporting my then girlfriend and her two kids.

After a while I started to get really burned out. So I asked my teacher about my future in electronics. What he told me was extremely disappointing, and certainly not worth the time and exhaustion of going to school there. So I quit.

Why does electronics pay so little? It's a very difficult subject. It's all math. It's because at the time, everybody and their mother wanted to learn electronics. It was the wave of the future. So what we ended up with is a bunch of graduates with no work to be found. That greatly decreased the worth of an electronics technician. If you did find a job, it didn't pay anything; probably less than half of what a UPS driver made at the time.

I really am in a unique position, because I'm not kidding that it would require hiring at least two people to replace me (I originally replaced three people, but I overhauled and reworked all of the systems that were being used, so two people who were good at the job could probably handle what I do now). On the other hand - and the part that One doesn't understand - is that if I were to demand to be paid as much as two people, I would lose my primary value.

So I can command more than an average person in my position, but I have to be careful not to ask for so much that I defeat the entire purpose of me.

I really am in a unique position, because I'm not kidding that it would require hiring at least two people to replace me (I originally replaced three people, but I overhauled and reworked all of the systems that were being used, so two people who were good at the job could probably handle what I do now). On the other hand - and the part that One doesn't understand - is that if I were to demand to be paid as much as two people, I would lose my primary value.

So I can command more than an average person in my position, but I have to be careful not to ask for so much that I defeat the entire purpose of me.

I couldn't agree more. If you are not making the big bucks and doing a great job at the same time, your employer values you like you were the only person working for them.

Sometimes being very appreciated is worth more than the dollars itself.

Forum List

Back