Never trust anti gunners....they lie because they have an irrational fear of guns....

No, it doesn't. You're simply wrong and too entrenched to admit that you know nothing of what you speak. In your silly world there would be a hell of a lot more police shootings because they have their guns out far too often. Police use their guns very poorly...and yet the number of people they shoot is still comparatively low.

Your logic fails yet again.

Actually, Police are trained, and they know if they shoot someone, and it wasn't a "good shoot", they are likely to face prison, lose their jobs, and face a world of hurt.

The thing about DGU's. They just don't happen that often. That's why you don't have that many "justifiable homicides" with guns.

So you claim. But even anti-gun groups acknowledge far more DGUs than you do. That you claim there were only 210 DGUs because there were only 210 justifiable homicides shows your inept logic.

How did the suicide rate in Britain change when they banned guns??

In Australia, when they banned guns the suicide rate rose for a year or so, then dropped to rates slightly higher than pre-restriction rates. Your claim that suicide rates would drop has no basis in reality.

Fella, you are on ignore until you work up some new material.

So you claim. But even anti-gun groups acknowledge far more DGUs than you do. That you claim there were only 210 DGUs because there were only 210 justifiable homicides shows your inept logic.

well, no, I only consider a DGU where the police investigated.

Kind of like UFO sitings. Until someone shows me a UFO they actually captured, I'm not about to sign on to belief in little green men.

How about it, JoeyB? Are you going to now claim that Harvard and the CDC are "gun nutter" organizations?

I've already thoroughly debunked Kleck and the CDC is banned from studying gun violence since Kellerman.

So nothing on the studies by Harvard or the U.S. National Academy of Sciences? And the CDC did provide us with plenty of useful data. That you wish to dismiss it out of hand shows your own inadequacies.

How does anything you wrote in that post have any bearing on this......Japan has no guns.....and they still kill themselves at twice our rate....guns are not the issue....it is the mental health of the person committing suicide.....what don't you understand....guns aren't jumping up and shooting them.....they decide to die....they will switch how they do it....like they did in Australia after the gun buy back...and as they do in Japan....

Japan also has a long tradition that killing yourself is far better than facing dishonor or disgrace.

Italy bans guns and their suicide rate is half ours. So does Britain.

Guns make it easier to kill yourself.

Do I think banning guns will eliminate suicide? Nope. Will it reduce it? Yup.

Good enough for me. Because, honestly, fuck gun owners. They are all a bunch of assholes and frankly, I'm sick of their whining. And watching us cart dead kids out of schools and theaters.

LMAO.....Americans love guns more than ever in their history >>>>

Poll Guns Winning Washington Free Beacon

Gun sales boom on Black Friday - CNN.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/us/gun-control-gun-rights-pew-survey.html?_r=0

the mental cases.............are losing. HUGE!!!:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::rock:

In Australia, when they banned guns the suicide rate rose for a year or so, then dropped to rates slightly higher than pre-restriction rates. Your claim that suicide rates would drop has no basis in reality.

Funny, I use the same material to counter your same claims. I have thoroughly debunked your claims, and yet you still use them.

But yeah, if I had been beaten as many times as you have by me, I would use the ignore feature too. :D

Funny, I use the same material to counter your same claims. I have thoroughly debunked your claims, and yet you still use them.

But yeah, if I had been beaten as many times as you have by me, I would use the ignore feature too. :D

Winterborn.......not sure about you, but seems to me, we have a whole segment of society that navigates in some kind of fantasy nether-world. The shit they talk about is not at all grounded in reality..........but they really believe their own crap. To me, these are the people that are dangerous as hell to society, libel to snap at any second. Not only this JoeB guy but I see it all over the boards.........they'll say anything and everything just for effect. This country doesn't have a gun issue........we have an increasing mental case issue.

So nothing on the studies by Harvard or the U.S. National Academy of Sciences? And the CDC did provide us with plenty of useful data. That you wish to dismiss it out of hand shows your own inadequacies.

No, I just didn't find them credible. All the CDC did was compile the other useless reports and hand them off, even debunked ones like Kleck.

We do have a useful report. The National Crime Victimization Study, which is compiled by the FBI collecting both real statistics and doing interviews with 90,000 households a year.

And it only finds 65,000 DGU's.

But yeah, if I had been beaten as many times as you have by me, I would use the ignore feature too

Let me know when you work up some new material, and get some treatment for your OCD. then maybe you can weep for some dead Nazis.

Winterborn.......not sure about you, but seems to me, we have a whole segment of society that navigates in some kind of fantasy nether-world. The shit they talk about is not at all grounded in reality..........but they really believe their own crap. To me, these are the people that are dangerous as hell to society, libel to snap at any second. Not only this JoeB guy but I see it all over the boards.........they'll say anything and everything just for effect. This country doesn't have a gun issue........we have an increasing mental case issue.

I agree with you here. Especially where JoeyB is concerned. If he can't provide actual facts, he has no problem lying to continue his argument.

No, I just didn't find them credible. All the CDC did was compile the other useless reports and hand them off, even debunked ones like Kleck.

We do have a useful report. The National Crime Victimization Study, which is compiled by the FBI collecting both real statistics and doing interviews with 90,000 households a year.

And it only finds 65,000 DGU's.

If that were the rock-solid answer, it would still support gun ownership. 65,000 DGUs against 10,000 murders sounds like we use firearms 6.5 times more often to defend ourselves than they are used to murder.

Laughable that you dismiss reports from such reputable groups.

If that were the rock-solid answer, it would still support gun ownership. 65,000 DGUs against 10,000 murders sounds like we use firearms 6.5 times more often to defend ourselves than they are used to murder.

Laughable that you dismiss reports from such reputable groups.

65,000 DGU's vs 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun injuries - does not support unlimited, unbridled, Joke Holmes can walk into a store and he looks okay to me kind of gun ownership.

Now, I'd probably comprimise and say, if we had a gun policy like Germany (where they do have one privately owned gun for every 5 people, but it's considered a privilege, not a right), that would actually make some sense.

Germany only had 278 gun murders compared to our 11,500.

Here is an article looking at more lies put out by anti gun groups to promote their own fear of guns....it is an irrational fear, but it controls their actions, so they will do anything that they have to to get rid of guns....

So let me get this straight.

1 person dies of Ebola in the US, and we go into a full panic mode.

32,000 people die of gunshot wounds and another 78,000 are injured, and you don't think that's cause for concern?

Nobody intentionally aims Ebola at someone then pulls the trigger. True "gun control" is accomplished by the responsible gun owner. Ebola is a virus with a "mind of its own," so to speak.

I've owned my own gun since I was 12 years old. I'm 54 now. In all of that time I've only pointed a gun at another human being once and that's when he was pointing one at me. When he saw that I was armed, he lowered his weapon and drove off. Outside of that, I've never shot or maimed another human with a gun.

Nobody intentionally aims Ebola at someone then pulls the trigger. True "gun control" is accomplished by the responsible gun owner. Ebola is a virus with a "mind of its own," so to speak.

I've owned my own gun since I was 12 years old. I'm 54 now. In all of that time I've only pointed a gun at another human being once and that's when he was pointing one at me. When he saw that I was armed, he lowered his weapon and drove off. Outside of that, I've never shot or maimed another human with a gun.

I'm happy for you.

But 32,000 gun deaths is actually kind of a cause for concern. Maybe if we told people those guns came from Africa, they'd be scared of them.

Forum List

Back