New African American Defense Secretary begins dismantling our HERITAGE. You TRAITORS who didn't vote for President Trump are happy NOW

The parties switched in the 1960's after the Civil Rights Act. The Democratic southern Slaveowners of the Confederacy in the 1860's are now the Republican southerners of the 21st century.

Bill Moyers has mentioned this quote. He was an aide to LBJ before embarking on a long career in public broadcasting. This is from his book Moyers in America:

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.
-President Lyndon B. Johnson
name the congress members that switched parties ......
It was a generational thing. The fathers and grandfathers were Democrats, the sons and grandsons became Republican.

The reason most African Americans in the South are Democrats today is because when most got the vote the Republicans basically didn’t exist in the South. There was a memory of FDR’s southern Democratic populism and jobs programs, and under Truman the military was integrated. So they joined the Democratic Party, where the power and opportunities were, and where LBJ promised to make a little room for them. The more blacks that joined the Democrats (or fought in anti-racist caucuses like the “Freedom Democratic Party”) the more white segregationists and Confederate “Lost Cause” romantics gave up their loyalty to the Democrats and were won over to the Republican Party with its “Southern Strategy.” Most old “Dixiecrats” were never obliged to switch parties at all.

I weep.

Funny. All those Confederates were Americans before the Civil War, and afterwards they were all pardoned in order to bring about actual unity and rebuilding. But as we know, Dems are all about dividing and destroying.

Well that was Lincoln's plan. Then he was assassinated......

I weep.

Funny. All those Confederates were Americans before the Civil War, and afterwards they were all pardoned in order to bring about actual unity and rebuilding. But as we know, Dems are all about dividing and destroying.

By a Democrat.

I weep.

By a Democrat.

An Unrepentant Southern Rebel. He was a traitor to the South. It's too bad he didn't get to swing in the breeze.

Good. Traitors and losers should not be remembered.
Why are Democrats so interested in removing the names of long-dead Democrats from mililtary bases and other government property?
Not just Democrats care about this issue! And it shows that most Democrats understand this is not a stupid partisan issue. It a deeper symbolic one like taking down Confederate flags over courthouses, of ending insults to African American soldiers, of ending centuries of public cultural celebration of slavery, the Confederate rebellion and then Jim Crow.

I personally know a few people who plan to leave the Army is and when this is done...
I know a few people who have gone AWOL like that. Then a crew of military police comes around on the beat around the clock. Then they treat us all as military felons. They beat the shit out of all of us in the middle of the night with their flashlights and billy clubs. Stab us in the back whenever they can find opportunity. Shoot and kill us, wash their hands, and leave the bodies to teach the rest of us a little lesson in civil rights. They make sure our guns rights are revoked for national security. They go to court with a mental health warrant if our rights haven't been revoked yet.

Not just Democrats care about this issue! And it shows that most Democrats understand this is not a stupid partisan issue. It a deeper symbolic one like taking down Confederate flags over courthouses, of ending insults to African American soldiers, of ending centuries of public cultural celebration of slavery, the Confederate rebellion and then Jim Crow.
Deep State Democrats, all of them. They've got the CIA on their side, to play every dirty life-ruining party trick in the book against us.

Americans serving and defending our country shouldn't be stationed in bases named for treasonous war criminals.
Okay. Get some better rationale to back up your position and rewrite history to build morale among the troops.

And Germany still Germany after two world wars? When are you going to rename Germany and Poland and sweep the whole Holocaust history under the rug?

I weep.

Think most everyone voted for Trump---------with the chinese and big tech cheating for the dems along with the dems usual cast of cheaters---votes just didn't matter. To many fraudulent ones

Deep State Democrats, all of them. They've got the CIA on their side, to play every dirty life-ruining party trick in the book against us.
Black rank and file soldiers and civilians, Republican generals in the army, ordinary Americans who want to avoid giving offense, most of the Southern states that have removed Confederate symbols from their flags and from flying over their schools and courts (think Nikki Haley) — all these have gradually and naturally moved in this direction. It is a perfectly natural and healthy development for our nation. Nothing “dirty or life ruining” about it.

I weep.

By a Democrat.

An Unrepentant Southern Rebel. He was a traitor to the South. It's too bad he didn't get to swing in the breeze.
It is not too late for Obama.

I weep.

By a Democrat.

It is not too late for Obama.

Was that a quote from your book "My Fascist Dreams?

I weep.

togmyo77e1961.jpg

And your heritage is what?
slavery?

Forum List

Back