New bill would repeal the horrible bank law signed by Trump 5 years ago

Rising interest rates and a lack of oversight in the bank and the SF feds....
So isn't that what people in this thread are saying when most trumpers are parroting "woke"?

Can you link what you saw? I can't seem to find it. I believe you but I would like to see context.

Again, what would have been a safer investment?

They have to invest or loan out the money to make money for their depositors.
Are you sure SVB was in the business to make money? SVB gave out 73M to BLM-related stuff, and they were heavy in SJW. I thought it was a reparation NGO.

So isn't that what people in this thread are saying when most trumpers are parroting "woke"?

Can you link what you saw? I can't seem to find it. I believe you but I would like to see context.
They were on CNN's inside politics... just happened to catch them but I didn't get their names....

It is not inflation. It is an interesting rate issue. Biden admin or the FED rises the interesting rate to cool down the inflation.
That's complete fake news.

It is 100% inflation.

Because inflation caused the sudden rise in interest rates.

And the sudden rise in interest rates is what sunk the bank.

100% fact that had interest rates had risen on a more graduated schedule...SVB would have been fine. Their Treasury Bonds would have matured and they would have bought more at the higher rate...maybe 2.3% and next year 3%....and the bank would have had no issues.

But because of the sudden and dramatic rise in interest rates...their Treasury Bonds became almost impossible to sell against the backdrop of more that double the return on the same investment in the form of 4.7% return on new Treasury Bonds.

First of all the link was for the CNN interview he saw.

Second, Tucker has admitted he lies to his audience.

Why would you use him for a source when he has admitted lying?
Your government and the MSM lie to you and they never admit it. I will take Carlson over them anytime.

It is 100% inflation.

100% fact that had interest rates had risen on a more graduated schedule...SVB would have been fine. Their Treasury Bonds would have matured and they would have bought more at the higher rate...maybe 2.3% and next year 3%....and the bank would have had no issues.

But because of the sudden and dramatic rise in interest rates...their Treasury Bonds became almost impossible to sell against the backdrop of more that double the return on the same investment in the form of new Treasury Bonds.
inflation or interest rates, it is the same. if inflation was below 3, SVB would have no issue too. WHAT REAL KILL SVB? it is their WOKE. The fact is that the central bank in Canada was in "red" around DEC to FEB because of the same issue. SVB was still busy doing SWJ instead of running the bank.

It is 100% inflation.

But because of the sudden and dramatic rise in interest rates...their Treasury Bonds became almost impossible to sell against the backdrop of more that double the return on the same investment in the form of 4.7% return on new Treasury Bonds.
And what G has been trying to point out is that regulations prevented banks from being locked into an investment scheme that opened them up to that much risk when the interest rate rises.

What is hard to understand with that point because it keeps getting ignored. It has been pointed out that this exact scenario is what a stress test looks for and would not allow to happen.

Forum List

Back