New "genius" plan for food stamps.

It is like republicans are trying to kill off poor people. These poor people will be getting sick from all that nasty canned food. Then they will have no healthcare because of republican cuts to medicaid. So basically these poor people will be left to die.

America is becoming a real shit hole.

canned food is not nasty-------the issue seems to me to be shelf stable stuff as a base----not
the WHOLE food supplement

The existing SNAP plan seems to have the lowest overhead
Just a card with funds applied to it that can be used only for certain items

The Trump plan will involve massive federal contracts and distribution. Seems easier just to allow people to shop in existing stores

Great, more job creation.

And with food delivered to their front doors will cut the lines in grocery stores. It's win win situation.

The existing SNAP plan seems to have the lowest overhead
Just a card with funds applied to it that can be used only for certain items

The Trump plan will involve massive federal contracts and distribution. Seems easier just to allow people to shop in existing stores

Great, more job creation.

And with food delivered to their front doors will cut the lines in grocery stores. It's win win situation.

delivery is free?

my relative works at a school cafeteria as the manager...she says MObama's program is stupid--the kids just throw the fruits/etc away

sure--like a lot of things--it looked good on PAPER--but not the common sense one !
an idiot could tell you it wouldn't work

Just curious

What do kids do now?
-------------------------------------------------- KIDS probably eat at 'fast food' which i think takes 'benefits' money , snap or whatever . From what i remember of the article i linked healthy food of the right kind is delivered and that sounds like a way to get people employed as delivery folks and its no junk food that is delivered from what i hear . --- Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep --- repeat of link , like i said , sounds ok with me and get welfare office / government employees out of the office if The Trump makes them deliver food baskets RWinger . [chuckle]

You have to pay them to deliver food baskets. Nobody gets paid to deliver food now

The Trump Baskets will contain items people do not want and will just throw out

Canned milk and Spam

Imagine all the food they can donate to charities and write off on their tax returns.

It's a win win situation.

It is like republicans are trying to kill off poor people. These poor people will be getting sick from all that nasty canned food. Then they will have no healthcare because of republican cuts to medicaid. So basically these poor people will be left to die.

canned food is not nasty-------the issue seems to me to be shelf stable stuff as a base----not
the WHOLE food supplement
Love me some canned hash..

Pretty much every vegetable except potatoes that I ate as a kid came from a can, and I survived. Can't say I'm a big fan these days now that frozen is so much better, and fresh is more available. But it won't kill anyone. The Spam though--lets pray for the poor that they don't start handing out Spam. We had that fried every Wednesday, too. UCK!

Michelle Obama didn’t make that lunch. Someone who couldn’t make a healthy and tasty meal made that lunch. Probably a school kitchen that relied too long on popping frozen crap into the ovens.

It's brain deads like you why we have a nation of s...t. Are you seriously that stupid. Why yes you are look at that answer you gave.
She didn't cook it' LMFAO. The reason for that food goes right the hell over your Obamafied brain. Jesus.
There is no school lunch program from Michele anymore.. It's all on Trump now....

Great. It should be eliminated.

So Trump, the ultimate businessman & business expert, will cut the amount of money recipients will get & replace that lost money with actual meals delivered to these people.

Modeled after "Blue Apron" where you order a meal & they send you all the ingredients.
Canned meat, canned vegetables - all healthy. Shelf ready milk.

Local grocers are fucked. Local dairy is fucked. Small business people are fucked.

Who will lose? The kids forced to eat crap in a can.

Stop having kids there won't be a nee for food stamps.

Stop having ten kids there won't be a need for food stamps

Stop expecting the gawd dam State to take care of people with tax payer money.

People do need help at times but when idiots create a system to depend on food stamps, and welfare.......... have engineered the perfect idiots who voted for Obama, and then wanted Clinton. Sooner or later you run out of other people's money.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people who receive food stamps had a change in their job or living circumstance ( like divorce or death of spouse) that has results in them going on welfare.

I have a friend who was married when she had her children. Her and husband both work so they were able to provide well for the children. Then the asshole decided to leave her and go back to his home country leaving her with their 3 kids. She had to apply for food stamps because she couldn't manage taking care of children with her job alone. She received food stamps for 2 years. Thankfully she found another job with better pay.

Don't judge someone who receives welfare, because you do not know how they ended up there. Yes there are some lazy asses who abuse the system, but many of them are receiving welfare not by choice.

Here is another disastrous policy that needed ending.....

Department Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathrooms

On Thursday, Buzzfeed asked Liz Hill, a spokesperson for the Department of Education, if restroom complaints from transgender students are not covered by a 1972 federal civil rights law called Title IX. Hill answered, “Yes, that’s what the law says,” adding on Friday, “Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, not gender identity.”

Hill made it clear that some complaints by transgender students will indeed be investigated, but bathroom complaints will not be among them. She stated, “Where students, including transgender students, are penalized or harassed for failing to conform to sex-based stereotypes, that is sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. In the case of bathrooms, however, long-standing regulations provide that separating facilities on the basis of sex is not a form of discrimination prohibited by Title IX.”

Department Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathrooms
The Department never "interfered," anyway. They issued a recommendation only and the bunch of you spazzed out.
But I'm glad, actually, that the bathroom thing is over. Transgender students who are in a school with issues where he/she pees can use the faculty bathroom the way they've quietly done for years.
He THREATENED to sue and cut off federal funding.
Ooops. Thanks for the correction. How could he, though, for nothing but a recommendation? There must have been something else at work?
Anyway, it's over now. I wasn't trying to pull anyone's leg.

The poor people will have the last laugh

When the Zombie Apocalypse hits, they will be sitting on all this uneaten government food

Pretty much every vegetable except potatoes that I ate as a kid came from a can, and I survived. Can't say I'm a big fan these days now that frozen is so much better, and fresh is more available. But it won't kill anyone. The Spam though--lets pray for the poor that they don't start handing out Spam. We had that fried every Wednesday, too. UCK!

Well you are fortunate. My grandparents were raised on canned foods as well. But they also had high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis,high cholesterol and two of my grandparents had cancer. Canned foods are full of salt. Many canned foods contain BPAs which have been known to cause a number of cancers.

So Trump, the ultimate businessman & business expert, will cut the amount of money recipients will get & replace that lost money with actual meals delivered to these people.

Modeled after "Blue Apron" where you order a meal & they send you all the ingredients.

Local grocers are fucked. Local dairy is fucked. Small business people are fucked.

Stop having kids there won't be a nee for food stamps.

Stop having ten kids there won't be a need for food stamps

Stop expecting the gawd dam State to take care of people with tax payer money.

People do need help at times but when idiots create a system to depend on food stamps, and welfare.......... have engineered the perfect idiots who voted for Obama, and then wanted Clinton. Sooner or later you run out of other people's money.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people who receive food stamps had a change in their job or living circumstance ( like divorce or death of spouse) that has results in them going on welfare.

I have a friend who was married when she had her children. Her and husband both work so they were able to provide well for the children. Then the asshole decided to leave her and go back to his home country leaving her with their 3 kids. She had to apply for food stamps because she couldn't manage taking care of children with her job alone. She received food stamps for 2 years. Thankfully she found another job with better pay.

Don't judge someone who receives welfare, because you do not know how they ended up there. Yes there are some lazy asses who abuse the system, but many of them are receiving welfare not by choice.

------------------------------------------ Pretty smart chick you hang around with . Your friend married a foreigner and he screws her a couple different ways . Send her a box of FOOD Nia .

I don't think it's a bad idea to hand out food rather than food/credit. There is a lot of fraud with food stamps. People sell them or swap them for drugs. It would be better to include fresh foods, too. A lot of our food pantries are doing that now.

How does the swap of "food stamps" for drugs work?

You don't have a stamp which is an equivalent to currency

You have an EBT card that you use at checkout. Does the guy dealing drugs go through the supermarket checkout with you?
you give the drug dealer the EBT card he checks the balance and then he gives 50 cents on the dollar toward his wares

People got food instead of cash for years. It sure beat paying farmers to plow perfectly good crops in the ground. Let the food grow and give it to the poor.

Well you are fortunate. My grandparents were raised on canned foods as well. But they also had high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis,high cholesterol and two of my grandparents had cancer. Canned foods are full of salt. Many canned foods contain BPAs which have been known to cause a number of cancers.
---------------------------------------------- might be genetics , some people have bad genes plus people don't stay healthy forever no matter what they eat Nia .

Spam rules in Hawaii

Maybe the poor can start a black market

I don't think it's a bad idea to hand out food rather than food/credit. There is a lot of fraud with food stamps. People sell them or swap them for drugs. It would be better to include fresh foods, too. A lot of our food pantries are doing that now.

How does the swap of "food stamps" for drugs work?

You don't have a stamp which is an equivalent to currency

You have an EBT card that you use at checkout. Does the guy dealing drugs go through the supermarket checkout with you?
you give the drug dealer the EBT card he checks the balance and then he gives 50 cents on the dollar toward his wares
Thanks...I wouldn't know

I never dealt with drug dealers

Forum List

Back