New Hampshire Just Introduced 1 Of The Most Extreme Abortion Bans In The U.S. (15 Days)

The Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision that prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion, with some exceptions:

The life of the pregnant person is endangered

The pregnancy is the result of rape or incest

The pregnant person has a physical disorder, injury, or illness that would endanger their life if they carried the pregnancy to term

The Hyde Amendment was named after its chief sponsor, Republican Congressman Henry Hyde of Illinois. It was passed by the House of Representatives in 1976 and took effect in 1980. Congress has made several changes to the amendment since then.

The Hyde Amendment has several consequences, including:

Medicaid coverage
19 states and DC follow the Hyde Amendment, which restricts Medicaid coverage of abortion. Women of color are more likely to rely on Medicaid for family planning services and face financial barriers when seeking abortions.

Reproductive rights
The Hyde Amendment can limit a person's ability to make reproductive decisions for their body.

Democracy
Without the ability to make reproductive decisions, those who can become pregnant cannot participate equally in democracy.
landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong-570470184.gif

It's not a ban. It's a limitation on federal funding.

You can still get an abortion. You just need to either pay for it yourself or have your insurance pay for that.

I don't get any federal funding for my health care, especially for my skin or my feet.

That doesn't mean I can't get treatment.

The bill includes a felony penalty and a $100,000 fine for any provider who performs or induces an abortion after 15 days’ gestation.

Since a wife is charged with murder is she hires a contract killer to kill her husband.

One would assume that it's only logical to impose the $100,000 fine for any woman the voluntarily seeks out a contract killer to perform an abortion.

Wonder why...

WW

Forum List

Back