Jimmy Carter is the worst president in US history

Au contraire, I know about the Shah, the iranian version of Saddam, and what he did to the Iranian people, and why they overthrew him, and why the US supported him.

How many wars has Iran started?

How many has Israel started?

How many did W start?

The Shah was nothing like Saddam Hussein.

Israel tried to provoke wars from 1950. Read Moishe Dayan.

Let's talk about the big celebration he had for the 2500th Anniversary of the Persian Empire. Cost billions of dollars so the Shah could show off to the other leaders, while common Iranians saw very little of the wealth that came with that oil.

So, he was basically just like every other leader in the world.

Do you remember the student protests?

I do indeed.

My sister was a senior in high school our last year there and one of her good friends got her face slashed with a razor while riding the bus to the mall. Yep, they had actual malls back then.

I do indeed.

My sister was a senior in high school our last year there and one of her good friends got her face slashed with a razor while riding the bus to the mall. Yep, they had actual malls back then.

OMG. I've been to Iran many times. First time was 1952.

Iran had a large expat community. Was your family working for an oil company?

Yep, my dad worked for Halliburton.

And it was very large. The Tehran American School had a good 2000 students from all over the world.

I went to a small private school there for my first 3 years.

We went to a Methodist church there and was even baptized in the Caspian Sea

Yep, my dad worked for Halliburton.

And it was very large. The Tehran American School had a good 2000 students from all over the world.

I went to a small private school there for my first 3 years.

We went to a Methodist church there and was even baptized in the Caspian Sea
I knew a lot of people with Halliburton. I didn't know the American school was that big.

I knew a lot of people with Halliburton. I didn't know the American school was that big.

It has huge in my eyes. But the kids from most countries went there so it was a tad misnamed.

My sister still keeps up with friends from there via a group on Facebook. I was younger than she so I did not have the same sorts of friendships

The student grievances were legit. They were ignored. Then the ayatollahs took over and commandeered the rebellion.
Of course the student complaints were legit

Absolute monarchs tend to be out of step with the public

South Korea was a dictatorship under Park Chung He and protestors were shot by the police

But for Korea the alternative was communism and the Koreans were smart enough to avoid that

Today South Korea is one of the most stable and democratic countries in Asia

It has huge in my eyes. But the kids from most countries went there so it was a tad misnamed.

My sister still keeps up with friends from there via a group on Facebook. I was younger than she so I did not have the same sorts of friendships

The American School in Beirut was excellent.

Of course the student complaints were legit

Absolute monarchs tend to be out of step with the public

South Korea was a dictatorship under Park Chung He and protestors were shot by the police

But for Korea the alternative was communism and the Koreans were smart enough to avoid that

Today South Korea is one of the most stable and democratic countries in Asia
So you lived in Iran?

His actions were particularly reckless, given he was living in opulence while his population lived in squalor.

Which describes just about every fucking leader in the world.

Plus they were not living in squalor by the time he was removed. Iran had moved out of 3rd world status and was on the rise. I lived in Tehran in 4.5 years.

You are just wrong.

Which describes just about every fucking leader in the world.

Plus they were not living in squalor by the time he was removed. Iran had moved out of 3rd world status and was on the rise. I lived in Tehran in 4.5 years.

You are just wrong.

Look, I'm sure you miss the good old days when Halliburton can loot the Middle East, but the Iranian people had a word.

Forum List

Back