New Poll Shows England Wants Its Guns Back

It is a sure sign of tyranny when people are not able to shoot each other.

or make their own decisions

Exactly - and I think one thing we can all agree on is that after Dunblaine, the English people made a very clear and very popular decision to reduce their murder rate - which they have done very successfully.

btw. Why did you not make it clear in the OP that Americans were voting in the poll?

It is a sure sign of tyranny when people are not able to shoot each other.

or make their own decisions

Exactly - and I think one thing we can all agree on is that after Dunblaine, the English people made a very clear and very popular decision to reduce their murder rate - which they have done very successfully.

btw. Why did you not make it clear in the OP that Americans were voting in the poll?

why not prove americans are voting in the poll?

Seriously?

Your own source was from the US....as is this one:

We thus ask all our followers − especially those who live in the United Kingdom − to poll on The Telegraph's website. As of May 27th, 2013, h.15:19 (GMT+1), an overall 7,479 persons voted already, and the handgun ban repeal proposal is first on the list, scoring 75.49% with 5,646 votes. This must NOT lead you to think that your vote will be useless, as "it is going to win anyway": results may vary, and being the poll not binding, the House of Commons may not be forced to debate the proposal if it will not have enough strenght. Everybody's urged to vote, vote, vote, and to make others vote as well. Let your voices be heard, say it out loud: we've been unfairly stripped of our gun rights, we've been scapegoated for the crimes of two madmen. Now, we want our rights and our guns back.

Telegraph new law competition: vote now... to repeal the UK handgun ban! - Law - all4shooters.com

Seriously?

Your own source was from the US....as is this one:

We thus ask all our followers − especially those who live in the United Kingdom − to poll on The Telegraph's website. As of May 27th, 2013, h.15:19 (GMT+1), an overall 7,479 persons voted already, and the handgun ban repeal proposal is first on the list, scoring 75.49% with 5,646 votes. This must NOT lead you to think that your vote will be useless, as "it is going to win anyway": results may vary, and being the poll not binding, the House of Commons may not be forced to debate the proposal if it will not have enough strenght. Everybody's urged to vote, vote, vote, and to make others vote as well. Let your voices be heard, say it out loud: we've been unfairly stripped of our gun rights, we've been scapegoated for the crimes of two madmen. Now, we want our rights and our guns back.

Telegraph new law competition: vote now... to repeal the UK handgun ban! - Law - all4shooters.com

05/27/2013 - The poll launched by The Telegraph newspaper in the UK may give voice to those willing to repeal the 1997 handgun ban

yes, i see the poll launched in the UK by the telegraph

New Poll Shows England Wants Its Guns Back | TheBlaze.com

Like 85% 0f the people polled say they want the arms ban repealed. at least the majority is clear on what they want

Poll: Britons Want to Repeal Handgun Ban

The United Kingdom is often held up as a successful example of gun control by those on the left. But a recent poll by the Daily Telegraph, one of England’s most widely-read publications, shows Britons themselves are far from sold on the laws.

In a poll asking readers what laws they would like to see introduced or changed, an overwhelming number of voters chose “repeal the ban on hand guns and re-open shooting clubs.”

“After all, why should only criminals be ‘allowed’ to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?” reader Colliemum wrote.

Here is a screen shot of the results, as of TheBlaze article’s publication:

Well, I WOULD rather be shot to death than hacked with a cleaver and knife.

New Poll Shows England Wants Its Guns Back | TheBlaze.com

Like 85% 0f the people polled say they want the arms ban repealed. at least the majority is clear on what they want

Poll: Britons Want to Repeal Handgun Ban

The United Kingdom is often held up as a successful example of gun control by those on the left. But a recent poll by the Daily Telegraph, one of England’s most widely-read publications, shows Britons themselves are far from sold on the laws.

In a poll asking readers what laws they would like to see introduced or changed, an overwhelming number of voters chose “repeal the ban on hand guns and re-open shooting clubs.”

“After all, why should only criminals be ‘allowed’ to possess guns and shoot unarmed, defenceless citizens and police officers?” reader Colliemum wrote.

Here is a screen shot of the results, as of TheBlaze article’s publication:

Well, I WOULD rather be shot to death than hacked with a cleaver and knife.

totally. what a horrible way to die. Look at Rwanda. They took away the guns. thousands got hacked to death or maimed by machetes.

TheBlaze? Glenn Beck? Funny...

I just voted in that poll. Looks like anyone can vote.

Exactly.

I spent a few minutes checking into this, and it seems several US gun websites are urging their supporters to vote - hardly an indictation of what most British people think.

So can the anti-gun crowd vote as many times as they want to.

Britian would have to do more than restore gun rights. They would have to restore the right of self defense too.

Spoonman -

seriously dude, learn some history

I am still waiting to become educated on Rwanda.

I have a fairly basic understanding of the conflict, so somehow I think I'll be to follow your explanation.

Or perhaps you'd prefer to admit that there was never any disarming of the population and that the Rwandan population in 1993 owned extremely few guns. The reason the Hutu favoured the use of machetes was because every Hutu family had machetes at home, plus that machetes were cheap to buy and easy to ship into the country without causing alarm. Massacres could be launched in rural areas without the need to arm locals and ship them arms, particularly in the area between Butare and Cyangugu where roading is poor.

Forum List

Back