New study: California is the most diverse state in the union...CA ranks last in quality of life.

I'm sure those conservative Republican farmers in California who often rely on migrant farm workers would really appreciate this thread.
Another fake “social justice” issue. Those workers have a contract and a union. Don’t like it...take it up with your corrupt union leadership.

I'm sure those conservative Republican farmers in California who often rely on migrant farm workers would really appreciate this thread.
Another fake “social justice” issue. Those workers have a contract and a union. Don’t like it...take it up with your corrupt union leadership.

I'm not making a 'social justice' issue. I'm saying diversity is good for California. Those workers should have a union.

Those "farmers?" Well they do rely on migrants. Always have, always will.

California being the largest agricultural state necessarily relies on diversity.
So thousands of Africans and Europeans are coming there to work?

I have no idea what you're snorting.

I'm not making a 'social justice' issue. I'm saying diversity is good for California. Those workers should have a union.
The union has lost its way out there and Chavez would be angry if he saw what was happening.

California being the largest agricultural state necessarily relies on diversity.

You said “diversity” in California’s agricultural workforce. I think the last time I checked they were all Latino and Mexican.

The union has lost its way out there and Chavez would be angry if he saw what was happening.

Neat, I'm just saying California relies on diversity and it has been it's strength. Somehow blaming air quality on diversity like the OP tired to do is ridiculous.

You said “diversity” in California’s agricultural workforce. I think the last time I checked they were all Latino and Mexican.

Versus the OP who thinks California would be better off all white. Are you catching up?

And unsurprising to anyone that is not a proud racist, nothing they rank the state on has anything to do with the color of one's skin.
The United States went from a Physical Foundation to a Human Foundation some 50 years ago or so. California needs massive Physical Foundation projects on roadways, water pipes, man made lakes for water supplies, energy upgrades, city infrastructure upgrades and more. That is quality of life. Instead even though it is noble, it pushed hundreds of billions of dollars and more into what you see. And the fallout from it. If you stay very local, it is nice. Getting to the next nice is a headache for many.

illegal immigrant workers have a union?

link please.

link please.
What are they doing here illegally?

planting and harvesting crops of course.

link please.

Hopefully surviving. Have you boycotted fruit yet?

They get paid for their work. Fair wage too. They have a union now.
Thanks to Cesar Chavez and UFW. The thing that makes it hard for many is the price of housing, and lack of it. Check out Salinas, CA. The most densely populated city in the nation.

Salinas, CA | Data USA

link please.

Why?

They get paid for their work. Fair wage too. They have a union now.
Thanks to Cesar Chavez and UFW. The thing that makes it hard for many is the price of housing, and lack of it. Check out Salinas, CA. The most densely populated city in the nation.

Salinas, CA | Data USA
Supported the man and my family boycotted grapes back then.

link please.

Why?

because the farmers pay them to come here and do it for them. That way you can buy cheap produce in your grocery store.

interesting news that I have heard is that crops are falling to the ground and rotting .

Forum List

Back