New USMB poll

Do you support war with Syria

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did you say that when Reagan sent them to Afghanistan terrorists? He sent weapons and money. Even increased it from Carters policies. What bama did wasn't unprecedented..

Bullshit. Reagan sent money to the Northern Alliance not the Taliban and not a nickel ever reached an ARAB mooj....not one.
I didn't say anything about the Taliban. They didn't form until the 90s.
The haqqani network received cash. He was a good friend to bin ladin. In direct involvement with AQ. But I think that was after we stopped arming them.
See, we sent Pakistan a shitload of money and arms. They trained them. Billions and billions of dollars worth. The former Pakistan President said they trained and armed terrorists.
Reagan also sent in the SAD to directly equip the muj. I have seen conflicting accounts of that.
And I know Reagan officials meet with the muj on a few different occasions.
IDK say what you want. Hindsight is 20/20 but we KNEW who those people were. And we knew what Pakistan was going to do.

Why did the Taliban form? Because the Northern Alliance was too........

Secular.

I mean the Mujahadeen let girls go to school, even drive...

The haqqani network received cash. He was a good friend to bin ladin. In direct involvement with AQ. But I think that was after we stopped arming them.
See, we sent Pakistan a shitload of money and arms. They trained them. Billions and billions of dollars worth. The former Pakistan President said they trained and armed terrorists.
Reagan also sent in the SAD to directly equip the muj. I have seen conflicting accounts of that.
IDK say what you want. Hindsight is 20/20 but we KNEW who those people were. And we knew what Pakistan was going to do.

Where do you come up with this shit?
cuckoo.gif
History man. Not your revisionist bullshit.

Did you say that when Reagan sent them to Afghanistan terrorists? He sent weapons and money. Even increased it from Carters policies. What bama did wasn't unprecedented..

Bullshit. Reagan sent money to the Northern Alliance not the Taliban and not a nickel ever reached an ARAB mooj....not one.

Why did the Taliban form? Because the Northern Alliance was too........

Secular.

I mean the Mujahadeen let girls go to school, even drive...
The Taliban formed because the despot muj sects were fighting each other for control. Which they have been doing for over 100 years.
Afghanistan was run by countless warlords after the Najbullahs regime collapsed. The warlords were going around killing and raping people at will.

[

I believe that has already been addressed in this thread. He wasn't arming and funding ISIS.

:wtf:

If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail. Why does our gov get a free pass on this?

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) December 10, 2016

{

Most importantly, however, is her introduction of the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act,” which she presented last Thursday. In her presentation of the bill, Gabbard cited prominent publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to show that the rebels the U.S. is supporting in Syria are aligned with al-Nusra (which is essentially al-Qaeda in Syria).

She is co-sponsoring the bill with Rep. Thomas Massie, who says the bill “would prohibit the U.S. government from using American taxpayer dollars to provide funding, weapons, training, and intelligence support to terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS, or to countries who are providing direct or indirect support to those same groups.”

These concerns are not conjectures — they can be verified by none other than suspected war criminal Tony Blair. A think tank founded by the former U.K. Prime Minister released a report in 2015 that concluded it was ultimately pointless to make a distinction between the various rebel groups on the ground since the majority of these groups share ISIS’s core belief system (and would impose Sharia law if they came into power).

“The CIA has also been funneling weapons and money through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and others who provide direct and indirect support to groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda,” Gabbard stated on the House floor last week.

She went into more detail:

The CIA has long been supporting a group called Fursan al Haqq, providing them with salaries, weapons, and support, including surface to air missiles. This group is cooperating with and fighting alongside an al-Qaeda affiliated group trying to overthrow the Syrian government. The Levant Front is another so-called moderate umbrella group of Syrian opposition fighters. Over the past year, the United States has been working with Turkey to give this group intelligence support and other forms of military assistance. This group has joined forces with al-Qaeda’s offshoot group in Syria.

“This madness must end. We must stop arming terrorists. The Government must end this hypocrisy and abide by the same laws that apply to its’ citizens.”

Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration are well aware of the support the Gulf states have provided to ISIS.

The bill would prohibit any federal agency from supporting a terrorist group or funneling support through other countries that directly or indirectly support terror groups. It is also co-sponsored by lawmakers Peter Welch, Barbara Lee, and Trump ally Dana Rohrabacher.
}

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard blasts Obama for funding ISIS, introduces “Stop Arming Terrorists Act”

"I accidently dropped weapon caches to ISIS a couple times. But I am not arming them willingly" ---- Obama :lol:

I remember reading about WIlliam Casey being in Pakistan checking on the muj training :D
Vahid Brown and Don Rassler wrote a book about it.

Haqqani was just another asshole in those days...most of our dealings were with Massoud, the "Lion of Panjshir" and founder of the Northern Alliance. He's the one bin-Laden killed with an exploding tape recorder before he launched 9/11.

I remember reading about WIlliam Casey being in Pakistan checking on the muj training :D
Vahid Brown and Don Rassler wrote a book about it.

Haqqani was just another asshole in those days...most of our dealings were with Massoud, the "Lion of Panjshir" and founder of the Northern Alliance. He's the one bin-Laden killed with an exploding tape recorder before he launched 9/11.
Well, he was a leader of a decent sized group. One who reportedly took cash from the CIA. Charlie Wilson even called him "a good guy" or some shit. LOL What a fucking idiot.
He was also the guy that funneled money to the Somoza in Nicaragua. And eh was on the ethics committee :lol:

[

I believe that has already been addressed in this thread. He wasn't arming and funding ISIS.

If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail. Why does our gov get a free pass on this?

{

Most importantly, however, is her introduction of the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act,” which she presented last Thursday. In her presentation of the bill, Gabbard cited prominent publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to show that the rebels the U.S. is supporting in Syria are aligned with al-Nusra (which is essentially al-Qaeda in Syria).

She is co-sponsoring the bill with Rep. Thomas Massie, who says the bill “would prohibit the U.S. government from using American taxpayer dollars to provide funding, weapons, training, and intelligence support to terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS, or to countries who are providing direct or indirect support to those same groups.”

These concerns are not conjectures — they can be verified by none other than suspected war criminal Tony Blair. A think tank founded by the former U.K. Prime Minister released a report in 2015 that concluded it was ultimately pointless to make a distinction between the various rebel groups on the ground since the majority of these groups share ISIS’s core belief system (and would impose Sharia law if they came into power).

“The CIA has also been funneling weapons and money through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and others who provide direct and indirect support to groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda,” Gabbard stated on the House floor last week.

The CIA has long been supporting a group called Fursan al Haqq, providing them with salaries, weapons, and support, including surface to air missiles. This group is cooperating with and fighting alongside an al-Qaeda affiliated group trying to overthrow the Syrian government. The Levant Front is another so-called moderate umbrella group of Syrian opposition fighters. Over the past year, the United States has been working with Turkey to give this group intelligence support and other forms of military assistance. This group has joined forces with al-Qaeda’s offshoot group in Syria.

“This madness must end. We must stop arming terrorists. The Government must end this hypocrisy and abide by the same laws that apply to its’ citizens.”

Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration are well aware of the support the Gulf states have provided to ISIS.

The bill would prohibit any federal agency from supporting a terrorist group or funneling support through other countries that directly or indirectly support terror groups. It is also co-sponsored by lawmakers Peter Welch, Barbara Lee, and Trump ally Dana Rohrabacher.
}

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard blasts Obama for funding ISIS, introduces “Stop Arming Terrorists Act”
She's out there, if you ask me. I'm sure she means well, but we are not arming terrorists as a matter of policy. Just stop this nonsense. These rebel factions often realign which is part of why it is so hard to sort out what is happening there from one day to the next. If you would prefer it be our soldiers over there getting shot, fight that good fight, but giving logistical and military support to the rebels fighting Assad and fighting ISIS are the way Obama chose to go so we would NOT be sending our own soldiers to their death in someone else's war.

"I accidently dropped weapon caches to ISIS a couple times. But I am not arming them willingly" ---- Obama :lol:
YOU are an isolationist and you don't want us involved in ANY wars, so get off your damned high horse about Obama. Your poll was interesting. 90% say no. That's good. We don't need to get more involved, but walking away entirely will not have the peaceful outcome you wish for. ISIS does not respect white flags of surrender.

[

{

}

She's out there, if you ask me. I'm sure she means well, but we are not arming terrorists as a matter of policy. Just stop this nonsense. These rebel factions often realign which is part of why it is so hard to sort out what is happening there from one day to the next. If you would prefer it be our soldiers over there getting shot, fight that good fight, but giving logistical and military support to the rebels fighting Assad and fighting ISIS are the way Obama chose to go so we would NOT be sending our own soldiers to their death in someone else's war.

What are you trying to do, alter reality?

Obama armed and funded ISIS for 5 years to promote his "regime change."

We had ZERO reason to fuck with Assad. Obama wanted radical Islam to run the ME, he started wars in Libya, Egypt, Somalia, and Syria in his bid to put the most radical of Islamists in charge of the whole reason.

YOU are an isolationist and you don't want us involved in ANY wars, so get off your damned high horse about Obama. Your poll was interesting. 90% say no. That's good. We don't need to get more involved, but walking away entirely will not have the peaceful outcome you wish for. ISIS does not respect white flags of surrender.
Its not a high horse. He 'accidently' dropped multiple weapon caches to ISIS. I don't understand why you would even say that, honestly..
I don't care about peace. Those silly sand fuckers have been at this bullshit for thousands of years. No need in our people dying in a redundant action. We wont help anything. NEVER have.

[

{

}

"Lets arm terrorist factions to fight terrorists, so the winner can take their weapons, resources and people so we can do it again in 5 years. Lets continue 30 years of FAILURE because it will be different THIS time!" ---Obama :lol:
Oy vey

[

{

}

What are you trying to do, alter reality?

Obama armed and funded ISIS for 5 years to promote his "regime change."

We had ZERO reason to fuck with Assad. Obama wanted radical Islam to run the ME, he started wars in Libya, Egypt, Somalia, and Syria in his bid to put the most radical of Islamists in charge of the whole reason.
Chemical weapons were one reason he wanted to fuck with Assad. Obama is sure not the only one who wants Assad out, apparently including the Syrian people. Turning Obama into a cartoon evil figure only makes you look foolish. The Arab Spring was not started by Obama, and he did not support ISIS, ever. You are the one altering reality here. I don't know why you feel the need to keep it up, since Obama's turn is over. It is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back