New Witness...TRAYVON was beating Zimmerman up!

Pot Linked To Trayvon Martin Suspension, His Family Says | Fox News

Has anyone caught wind of this yet? I thought the school district said he was suspended for being late to class? Now the family attorney for Trayvon Martin is saying there was an empty bag with marijuana residue found on Martin's person.

How is this POSSIBLY relevant to the case?

Who cares?

It's relevant if toxocolgy comes back to determine that Trayvon Martin was high that night.

In matter of fact it's not just relevent it throws the case out immediately. Even if Zimmerman is guilty.

According to the law in Florida, this:

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.​

I understand the Law in Florida. The point is by this definition either one of them could have claimed self-defense... the facts don't give us a clear picture into who actually was defending themselves or if both of them were defending themselves.
Yes, I see that now. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, the statute allows for both to stand your ground. Unfortunately for Martin, Zimmerman was armed with a deadly weapon.

It's a bad law, IMO.

I didn't think it was until I looked at it today again. That's why I was asking the question.

It does everything short of turning the state of Florida into a giant UFC octagon. (That was an exaggeration but you get the point).:D

I understand the Law in Florida. The point is by this definition either one of them could have claimed self-defense... the facts don't give us a clear picture into who actually was defending themselves or if both of them were defending themselves.

Yes, the statute allows for both to stand your ground. Unfortunately for Martin, Zimmerman was armed with a deadly weapon.

It's a bad law, IMO.

I didn't think it was until I looked at it today again. That's why I was asking the question.

It does everything short of turning the state of Florida into a giant UFC octagon. (That was an exaggeration but you get the point).:D
Oh, absolutely! I equate it to legalizing wild-west style street justice.

Armed UFC seems to fit, too.

It's a bad law, IMO.

If this law spreads beyond FL I'm not having kids... point blank.

We now know that the real reason for Trayvon's suspension wasn't tardiness.

He was a pothead which goes a long way to explaining what happened.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

SANFORD, Fla -- . Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school because he was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it, the boy’s family attorney has confirmed.

Trayvon was killed while serving out the suspension in Sanford Florida, where his father’s girlfriend lives. A community watch volunteer who thought he looked drugged out and suspicious called police and later wound up in a fight with him

Read more here: Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

An empty bag because he was high and took it all. Well, Zimmerman said he looked drugged up.

lol...

We now know that the real reason for Trayvon's suspension wasn't tardiness.

He was a pothead which goes a long way to explaining what happened.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

SANFORD, Fla -- . Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school because he was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it, the boy’s family attorney has confirmed.

Trayvon was killed while serving out the suspension in Sanford Florida, where his father’s girlfriend lives. A community watch volunteer who thought he looked drugged out and suspicious called police and later wound up in a fight with him

Read more here: Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

An empty bag because he was high and took it all. Well, Zimmerman said he looked drugged up.

:clap2: You should be a special agent...

...idiot.

According to the law in Florida, this:

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.​

It's a bad law, IMO.

The law is good. It all comes down as to who hit who first. The attacker can not claim he was standing his ground. They both had the same right to be at the place where the fight/shooting occurred. They both had the right to stand their ground until one threatened to attack or physically struck the other, then they became the aggressor & were no longer just standing their ground.

If people like Zimmerman want to play cop & put themselves into this situation they should also carry less than lethal weapons like a stun gun.

If you're not going to raise a piece-of-crap, then what's the worry?

In any state, your piece-of-crap offspring would have had hole blown in his chest, when it attacks an armed man. In a more liberal state, you'd just get the pleasure of the victim being arrested.

It's a bad law, IMO.

The law is good. It all comes down as to who hit who first. The attacker can not claim he was standing his ground. They both had the same right to be at the place where the fight/shooting occurred. They both had the right to stand their ground until one threatened to attack or physically struck the other, then they became the aggressor & were no longer just standing their ground.

If people like Zimmerman want to play cop & put themselves into this situation they should also carry less than lethal weapons like a stun gun.

Yes but in a "he said, he said" case who get's in trouble?

It's relevant if toxocolgy comes back to determine that Trayvon Martin was high that night.

Why?

If he was, how does that change the facts of the case?

In matter of fact it's not just relevent it throws the case out immediately. Even if Zimmerman is guilty.

This makes no sense, why would the victim being under the influence of Marijuana scuttle the case? I don't follow your logic?

It's a bad law, IMO.

OK.

So which law goes? If we want to make law that prevents this tragedy and other killings, which one? The right to carry a concealed weapon in Florida or the stand your ground law in Florida? Or the status quo?

It's a bad law, IMO.

OK.

So which law goes? If we want to make law that prevents this tragedy and other killings, which one? The right to carry a concealed weapon in Florida or the stand your ground law in Florida? Or the status quo?

Status quo is just fine.

OK.

Status quo is just fine.
:eek:

Why?

If he was, how does that change the facts of the case?

This makes no sense, why would the victim being under the influence of Marijuana scuttle the case? I don't follow your logic?

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this:

1. It would give credance to Zimmy's story that he followed the kid because he was acting strange.
2. If you are intoxicated in anyway it's assumed in court that you have impaired judgment. In a case like this where it's not clear which party was acting in self-defense that means ALOT.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this:

1. It would give credance to Zimmy's story that he followed the kid because he was acting strange.
2. If you are intoxicated in anyway it's assumed in court that you have impaired judgment. In a case like this where it's not clear which party was acting in self-defense that means ALOT.

I'm no expert on Florida law, but wouldn't they have to show materiality to even bring it into the record? If Zimmerman made a claim that Martin was acting strange, this may help support that claim, but I don't see a judge dismissing on that alone.

Just like I say to those wanting to lynch Zimmerman, this is a complex case and will require a court to figure it out.

The details will all come out soon & this situation will not look so bad.

Death is always pretty bad.

Well pieces are falling into place.

- Martin was a long time strong athlete.
- Just kicked out of school for drugs.
- Parent pissed & sent him to fiance's house for discipline.
- Separated from his friends.
- Separated from his girl friend.
- Maybe he did drugs while he was out getting tea & skittles.
- Likely very pissed off at himself & the world.

Zimmerman may have been up against an unreasonable madman.

Looking at Martins photos the recent one shows drooping eyelids consistent with drug use. I am sure the justice is going to work in this case.

trayvon-martin-football.jpg
120326_trayvon-martin-football_g290.jpg
Trayvon%20Martin.JPG

Last edited:

Forum List

Back