New York Judgment Against Trump Violates the Eighth Amendment

Your link states CRIMINAL TRIALS and this trial was a CIVIL trial?

From your link, first line....

Amendment Eight to the Constitution was ratified on December 15, 1791. It forbids the use of excessive bails or fines in criminal trials,
Any trial fraud is a crime is it not?

No victim no crime
BS, as usual.

The attorney general's office argued that the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable. They also disputed the notion that there were no victims, saying Trump's bankers were harmed because they could have charged higher interest on loans if they knew his true net worth was lower than he claimed.

New York Executive Law 63(12), which gives her office broad powers to file civil lawsuits for "repeated" or "persistent" fraud. This law historically has been used to protect consumers, investors and small businesses from scams, price-gouging and other predatory business practices.

And that's what Trump did and has done, his entire life, as well as his father Fred.

Strawman. Show me where in NY law that equitable relief for repeated or ongoing fraud in conducting business requires a victim to be paid.

Fraud is a criminal offense. This action is a civil suit.

You never answered the question. Who is the victim that is entitled to this $360 million, and what damages did they suffer? I get the impression you are not familiar with tort law.

Fraud is a criminal offense. This action is a civil suit.

You never answered the question. Who is the victim that is entitled to this $360 million, and what damages did they suffer? I get the impression you are not familiar with tort law.
The libs of NY found a way to fleece the rich, successful, hard-working people they hate.

The libs of NY found a way to fleece the rich, successful, hard-working people they hate.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1708445137128.png

One guy. If that was the only testimony this wouldn't have happened.

YOu kids need to learn how to use common sense.
Yes when Trump becomes president he can use the same common sense on Biden. The only difference Biden actually committed his crimes. Anyway it will be new york that will pay in the end. You would be a fool to do business in a city that will sue you broke because they don't like you.

Yes when Trump becomes president he can use the same common sense on Biden. The only difference Biden actually committed his crimes. Anyway it will be new york that will pay in the end. You would be a fool to do business in a city that will sue you broke because they don't like you.
Businesses in New York know that if they follow the law and do due diligence, they wont have an issue.

What got Trump in trouble was his fraud was so egregious, and trying to bully the court didn't work.

Businesses in New York know that if they follow the law and do due diligence, they wont have an issue.

What got Trump in trouble was his fraud was so egregious, and trying to bully the court didn't work.
Yet no victim, other than Trump.

Oh and new york will pay the price.

So by your logic, if I go speeding through a school zone, I should be let off if I didn't actually hit any kids, right?

No, they won't.

You guys screaming "REVENGE!!" for not loving Cheetoh Jesus is getting a little old.
I bought some land about 5 years ago, I don't owe much on it now. I paid 32,000 for it. It's really worth about $80,000 now. So I tell the bank that get a $50,000 loan on it. I pay it back, then I piss a judge off and he sues me for almost all my worth. Do I have this right?

I bought some land about 5 years ago, I don't owe much on it now. I paid 32,000 for it. It's really worth about $80,000 now. So I tell the bank that get a $50,000 loan on it. I pay it back, then I piss a judge off and he sues me for almost all my worth. Do I have this right?

Not even close to what Trump did.

If you went the Trump route, you'd have claimed you owned 30 Acres when you only owned 10.

Then you would have lied about the value of the property without disclosing restrictions on your land that would reduce its development potential.

If you did that, you really would have been involved in fraud.

Not even close to what Trump did.

If you went the Trump route, you'd have claimed you owned 30 Acres when you only owned 10.

Then you would have lied about the value of the property without disclosing restrictions on your land that would reduce its development potential.

If you did that, you really would have been involved in fraud.
But Trump didn't do that, when did justices start appraising land?

Forum List

Back