New York moves to become first state banning natural gas hookups, as Biden looks to rapidly eliminate fossil fuels

Electricity prices will now go even higher.

The state of New York will become the first state to ban gas stoves and other fossil fuel appliances in new buildings in order to fight climate change.

The new restrictions will go into effect in 2026 and was voted into law on Tuesday in the state budget.

Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul insisted to reporters on Tuesday ahead of the vote that they report already installed stoves will be grandfathered in and won't be banned.
"I want to be very clear. I know people love to misinterpret this, but people with existing gas stoves, you’re welcome to keep them," Hochul said.
"This is where our nation has to go eventually," she added. "But I want to make sure that it’s not a bumpy road to the transition."
The ban will first apply to buildings below seven stories and will apply to the rest of the buildings in 2029. It also includes some exemptions, including backup generators, laboratories, car washes and commercial food establishments that are powered by fossil fuels.

They don’t want you to see this … Big Tech does its best to limit what news you see. Make sure you see our stories daily — directly to your inbox.

In January, the American Gas Association pushed back against a new report claiming that natural gas stoves were emitting toxic gases that were harmful to people.
"Attempts to generate consumer fears with baseless allegations to justify the banning of natural gas is a misguided agenda that will not improve the environment or the health of consumers and would saddle vulnerable populations with significant costs," the AGA said in a statement.

In response to public outcry against suggestions that gas stoves might be banned federally, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Chair Alexander Hoehn-Saric said that no such ban was being considered.
"Research indicates that emissions from gas stoves can be hazardous, and the CPSC is looking for ways to reduce related indoor air quality hazards," Hoehn-Saric said in January.
"But to be clear, I am not looking to ban gas stoves and the CPSC has no proceeding to do so," he added.

Check out the loons. The cult told them to get hysterical over nothing, and they all complied, as they always do.

Don't worry, loons. The cult will have something else for you to get hysterical about tomorrow, so you'll never run out of reasons to piss yourselves.

There's nothing this radical left wing Biden administration isn't attacking. Farming, ranching, fishing, oil and gas. Heaps of costly government regulations, fines and ridiculous mandates who's purpose is to destroy those industries and jack up the cost of everything these dumb asses hate.

In just todays news...

1. The Biden admin's attacks on air conditioning have jacked up the costs to the working class $1,000.
2. Biden attempts to list the lesser prairie chicken as endangered. Not to protect it, but a scheme to attack oil and gas and ranching across 2 states. A court already tossed this in the trash when Obama tried it.
3. Government mandate that a federal monitor be on board fishing boats, and that the mom and pop fishing outfit pay the cost for the monitor at $700 per day, whether they catch any fish or not.

This radical administration is out of control.

The attack on Diesel Truck engines has raised the cost of life-neccessary (for the poor too) goods delivered to stores.

Check out the loons. The cult told them to get hysterical over nothing, and they all complied, as they always do.

Don't worry, loons. The cult will have something else for you to get hysterical about tomorrow, so you'll never run out of reasons to piss yourselves.

Foot in the door your dumb OX. Like Gays in grade school......all the way to 12 yr old wards of the state to be surgically turned into UNICs' as an example.

Foot in the door your dumb OX. Like Gays in grade school......all the way to 12 yr old wards of the state to be surgically turned into UNICs' as an example.
Do you understand how insane you sound to normal people?

And why is it always up to me to stage these interventions? Oh, that's right. These conservatives have driven away any normal people around them, and they only hang out with other insane people.

they are reducing the supply of reliable electricity dramatically, and increasing the demand for reliable electricity dramatically. what could go wrong?

Demand has gone soft .. that's why OPEC cut production. Massive new oilfields onshore Turkey and offshore Guyana.

Demand has gone soft .. that's why OPEC cut production. Massive new oilfields onshore Turkey and offshore Guyana.

With all that OIL available why should I be FORCED by GOVT into a certain type of motor? I like my 4CYL 35mpg ~$22K car just fine (400mile range). No EV charger in my garage.
I like my Gas stove, instant heat. I like Gas furnace running in the garage on COLD nights. A/C is a must in some climates, old people in trailers in AZ can't live w/o it.

I like clean Electric power coming from Natural Gas powered plants nearby. I don't see any reason to change anything? WHY? for what? Yes, the Earth is constantly producing new OIL.

Last edited:
Foot in the door theory on full display. At one time it was don't disrespect any home O. Then you must allow marriage. Then they teach your children. Then they adopt. Then they molest. Then they rent the kids out to sex parties. Then they take ownership of you kids and convince them to surgically/medically become trannies. Parents not allowed to stop the medications they want the kids to ingest. Did you ever think you would have to worry about that in 1968 when SF a gay parade on Castro st. in assless chaps?

Last edited:
Threads summary:

Conservatives still don't understand what "new construction" means. They're still claiming that the gas stove police will be busting down their doors.

No, we aren't claiming that. But if you move into a new house with electric, you won't be able to switch back to gas.

No but evidently gas can.

"Poorly ventilated gas stoves can cause health hazards inside the home. A Harvard study published in June found natural gas contained varying levels of volatile organic chemicals and was more likely than realized to leak. A study in December found using a gas stove was associated with an increased risk of asthma among children."

"Natural gas is methane. When burned, it produces small but detectable amounts of nitrogen dioxide and other pollutants. Exposure indoors – when there isn’t enough ventilation – is associated with more severe asthma.

• The problem: Two-thirds to three-quarters of Americans seldom if ever turn on their stove's ventilation fans, said Rob Jackson, a professor of energy and the environment at Stanford University, who has been studying the topic for several years.
  • Even worse: Many homes and apartments either don't have adequate stove ventilation or have fans that simply recirculate the air through a filter, which doesn't remove the nitrogen oxide."
But electric can't? :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back