News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

This is what happens when journalists BECOME the news instead of reporting it.

What happens ?
Are you saying she said it knowing what it meant, in order to be the story ?

I'm saying "this is what happens when journalists become the news instead of reporting it". How is that not clear to you?
Well duh ! Thanks Einstein for stating the fucking obvious !

But the question to you is, do you believe she purposely inserted herself into the story by using this term knowing that once she used it in her position, it would go viral ?

Who cares? She should just report the news, and keep friggin her opinions to herself. All reporters should do the same.

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

And it's a FOX station, too. Surprise, surprise.

Worth mentioning in the interest of simple fairness, if blacks are gonna popularize "******" or "nigga" and other racist terms, you can't be surprised when they start popping up in popular usage. My thought is as obscure as jigaboo is, chances are she heard it from some movie like Spike Lee's "School Daze." If you popularize a word, you can't then raise hell when someone uses it.

Jiggaboo, a really dark skinned black person with strong negroid features (ie. big lips, wide nose, nappy hair)
1. in the spike lee movie "school daze" the light skinned sorority sisters refer to the darker sisters of a different sorority as ugly "jiggaboos"
Urban Dictionary jiggaboo

I agree. No way would I believe she would use the term if she was aware of what the term actually is,

You are correct. Fox hires stupid, ignorant people who look good but have shafts of light streaming between their ears to fill the vacuum. Thanks for the clarification.

Worth mentioning in the interest of simple fairness, if blacks are gonna popularize "******" or "nigga" and other racist terms, you can't be surprised when they start popping up in popular usage. My thought is as obscure as jigaboo is, chances are she heard it from some movie like Spike Lee's "School Daze." If you popularize a word, you can't then raise hell when someone uses it.

Jiggaboo, a really dark skinned black person with strong negroid features (ie. big lips, wide nose, nappy hair)
1. in the spike lee movie "school daze" the light skinned sorority sisters refer to the darker sisters of a different sorority as ugly "jiggaboos"
Urban Dictionary jiggaboo

I agree. No way would I believe she would use the term if she was aware of what the term actually is,

You are correct. Fox hires stupid, ignorant people who look good but have shafts of light streaming between their ears to fill the vacuum. Thanks for the clarification.

Says the person who, before today, had never heard of the word.

This is what happens when journalists BECOME the news instead of reporting it.

What happens ?
Are you saying she said it knowing what it meant, in order to be the story ?

I'm saying "this is what happens when journalists become the news instead of reporting it". How is that not clear to you?
Well duh ! Thanks Einstein for stating the fucking obvious !

But the question to you is, do you believe she purposely inserted herself into the story by using this term knowing that once she used it in her position, it would go viral ?

Who cares? She should just report the news, and keep friggin her opinions to herself. All reporters should do the same.

Wow, seriously ? Dude, that's the entire story right there. If she just pulled a word out of her ass not knowing what it meant, there's nothing here but an unfortunate choice of words.

But if she knew what this word meant, and purposely used it in order to make a story out of herself and this local station, then that changes everything.
You're not only looking at a racial incident, but creating a story jeopardizes not only this reporters entire credibility, but this affiliate station as well.

feb 25 2015

but it was OK when Chevy Chase used all the standard "Black Names" during the classic Chevy VS Richard Prior sketch.

[

Wow, seriously ? Dude, that's the entire story right there. If she just pulled a word out of her ass not knowing what it meant, there's nothing here but an unfortunate choice of words.

HAHAHA. You mean you believe that ridiculous excuse of hers? She knew what the word meant, you fool.

You are a racist, not me. You just can't handle candid perspective from someone immersed in the culture.
As for blues and disco, etc., I'm a roots musician by profession.
total bullshit! you are a poser..
as to being immersed in the culture my father was a musician and I've been in the biz for 30 some odd years...
I can smell a poser even through wifi....
You're in the roots music business?
the music biz is all the same biz, don't play the pretentious wanker..
No, it's not. Wedding bands are far different from what I do. I play roots music mostly in bars. That's what the music was designed for and derived from. Wedding bands actually make good money. I don't.
However, I did have an awesome job demo-ing at the winter NAMM show. Ever been there?
who's talking about wedding bands or bar bands?
that's armature shit.
and namm is a music tech trade show.....
I guess you've never been to the NAMM show.
What is 'armature'?

total bullshit! you are a poser..
as to being immersed in the culture my father was a musician and I've been in the biz for 30 some odd years...
I can smell a poser even through wifi....
He swore he was a basketball coach too. He is always full of it.
Yep, basketball, indoor and outdoor track, football, cross country, baseball.
Poser
If you say so, yung'.
I do say so poser.
You need to explain or else your own words make YOU out to be the phony.

[

HAHAHA. You mean you believe that ridiculous excuse of hers? She knew what the word meant, you fool.
Then explain what she would have to gain by using terminology that not only is very risky for her career, but makes her look like a moron on live TV ?

but it was OK when Chevy Chase used all the standard "Black Names" during the classic Chevy VS Richard Prior sketch.

Chevy Chase.? Richard Prior? How many centuries old are you?
i still remember seeing that sketch when I guess I was 15? God, and to think NBC allowed Chevy to say the N word, full force to Richard Pryor.Maybe back then NBC was still a racist network?

[

Then explain what she would have to gain by using terminology that not only is very risky for her career, but makes her look like a moron on live TV ?
Shes racist and that was more important to her? Racists arent the brightest people.

He swore he was a basketball coach too. He is always full of it.
Poser
If you say so, yung'.
I do say so poser.
Youre.....a......poser. Does that make sense?

feb 25 2015

And it's a FOX station, too. Surprise, surprise.

The step and fetch it should have lost his position too. He actually tried to laugh it off.

Poser
If you say so, yung'.
I do say so poser.
Youre.....a......poser. Does that make sense?
No. Because you have nothing to base that on.

[

She was trying to be another Joan Rivers and failed. She knew what it meant.

[

She was trying to be another Joan Rivers and failed. She knew what it meant.
I doubt it. She's too young.

Forum List

Back