Newt Gingrich voicing concerns over the dangers of atheism!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
“The rise of a secular, atheist philosophy” in the West is "an equally or even more dangerous threat” to Christianity than terrorist organizations that will kill Christians if “they don’t submit,” Gingrich said.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/18/newt-gingrich-tells-collier-audience-secular-atheist-philosophy-threat-christianity/340882002/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

While still married to his second wife, he began an affair with his aide (20 years younger) in 93 while still married but got divorced in 2000 and he has the nerve to talk about Clinton. He was minority whip and speaker of the House through from 1995-1999.

How ironic. He is a staple on the Hannity show. Its a good thing that aide married him in a civil ceremony, and then later in a Catholic ceremony in 2009 (must of cost him dearly for an annulment) before he ran for Potus in 2012.

One could say he was saved by Callista, who by the way carried on a 9 year affair with a married man.

For those too young to really know who Newt Gingrich is, you will see him a lot on Hannity.

Last edited:
An imperfect man mustn't opine on the importance of Christianity. Right, Penelope?

An imperfect man mustn't opine on the importance of Christianity. Right, Penelope?

Imperfect? He is a downright disgusting individual and should not be talking about anyone else morals. Most atheist have lived more honorable lives than he has.

“The rise of a secular, atheist philosophy” in the West is "an equally or even more dangerous threat” to Christianity than terrorist organizations that will kill Christians if “they don’t submit,” Gingrich said.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/18/newt-gingrich-tells-collier-audience-secular-atheist-philosophy-threat-christianity/340882002/

While still married to his second wife, he began an affair with his aide (20 years younger) in 93 while still married but got divorced in 2000 and he has the nerve to talk about Clinton. He was minority whip and speaker of the House through from 1995-1999.

How ironic. He is a staple on the Hannity show. Its a good thing that aide married him in a civil ceremony, and then later in a Catholic ceremony in 2009 (must of cost him dearly for an annulment) before he ran for Potus in 2012.

One could say he was saved by Callista, who by the way carried on a 9 year affair with a married man.

For those too young to really know who Newt Gingrich is, you will see him a lot on Hannity.

Did he say why?

What part of that "why" he, do you find wrong and what was wrong with it?

So, far your disagreement with him consists solely of a personal smear.

Mmm, that implies that you have nothing real to defend against what he actually said.

Damn. Must be pretty good stuff.

I will take the moral values of an atheist over that of Newt Gingrich any day

Total stupidity. Yet another "Christian" theory designed to start a fight. Every time you put on the TV it's "Christian" yada yada yada. Where did this bumper crop of so-called "Christian" whiners come from recently? I grew up Christian in a predominantly Christian neighborhood with a Christian church on just about every corner, but we did not have this degree of nonsense back then.
Statements like Newt's only serve to point out the importance of keeping society and government secular, religiously neutral, so that we all may pursue our beliefs in peace and without having someone from the government, at any level, try to shove their individual beliefs down our throats. I don't know how many atheists actually live in this country, but their beliefs or lack thereof are none of anyone else's business.

Imperfect? He is a downright disgusting individual and should not be talking about anyone else morals. Most atheist have lived more honorable lives than he has.
Yes. Your favorite topic is judging others, especially Christians. You've made that clear over and over and over again.

Gingrich is just another hateful rightwing bigot, and another rightwing liar: there is no "secular, atheist philosophy."

Nonetheless, people fail precisely because they are reaching for a pinnacle. I suspect that Mr. Gingrich has some success along with those failures--perhaps successes that he never would have attained if not for his faith. Sometimes the greater the faith, the more spectacular the failures. I don't know if this is true of Mr. Gingrich, I don't know him. But I do know his failures are spotlighted time and again.

Yes. Your favorite topic is judging others, especially Christians. You've made that clear over and over and over again.
When you discuss "Christians," will you please specify their denomination and avoid confusion?

So your argument is that because he is not perfect or has not done perfect things, he can't be possibly correct that atheism is a threat to Christianity?

One of the things that impresses me most about the Bible is how it tells the full account. It doesn't hide the failings of man.

One of the things that impresses me most about the Bible is how it tells the full account. It doesn't hide the failings of man.
Nor does it foretell his use of the automobile in the end times and not a horse..

Forum List

Back