Newt on Trump

First and most important point made by Trump during this speech......" I am the only one who knows how to fix this country's problems."
Just more of the same superficial nonsense from someone who has no ideas at all about foreign policy and defense.

Wow. A politician made a vague, empty statement. Stop the presses.
Exactly the kind you Trump followers find so persuasive.

Funny to listen to Putin speak in glowing terms about Trump recently. He knows an easy mark when he sees one.....Putin would eat Trump alive, just as an appetizer.

Trump realizes that the Cold War is over and that we have no serious Conflict of Interests with Russia.

IT is not a matter of a weak vs a strong enemy for Putin, but the choice between an enemy and a not enemy.

Putin is quite right to be happy at the possibility of a less hostile United States.
Trump is stupid enough to believe that everyone wants to make a deal.

Trump is smart enough to realize with the end of the Cold War, and the collapse of both Communism and the Soviet Union, that we no longer have any serious Conflict of Interest with Russia.

And thus, should NOT be screwing around with them.

Putin is completely right to have a positive opinion on Trump.

A Trump Putin relationship would be far safer for the world, than any other Candidate Putin relationship.

Estonia is NOT worth WORLD WAR THREE.

First and most important point made by Trump during this speech......" I am the only one who knows how to fix this country's problems."
Just more of the same superficial nonsense from someone who has no ideas at all about foreign policy and defense.

I like his stated policies on Immigration and Trade. They are well designed to serve the interests of the Working Class Americans and America as a whole.

Rhetoric and campaign speeches are part of the election process I find boring. And yet they are required of every candidate.

To focus just on Trump dong it, is dishonest.

Which is to be expected from a liberal.

Funny to listen to Putin speak in glowing terms about Trump recently. He knows an easy mark when he sees one.....Putin would eat Trump alive, just as an appetizer.

Trump realizes that the Cold War is over and that we have no serious Conflict of Interests with Russia.

IT is not a matter of a weak vs a strong enemy for Putin, but the choice between an enemy and a not enemy.

Putin is quite right to be happy at the possibility of a less hostile United States.

Trump is smart enough to realize with the end of the Cold War, and the collapse of both Communism and the Soviet Union, that we no longer have any serious Conflict of Interest with Russia.

A Trump Putin relationship would be far safer for the world, than any other Candidate Putin relationship.

Too bad the Russians don't see it that way.

I like his stated policies on Immigration and Trade. They are well designed to serve the interests of the Working Class Americans and America as a whole.

Rhetoric and campaign speeches are part of the election process I find boring. And yet they are required of every candidate.

Talking is all Trump is doing.

?

What makes you think that the Russians don't see it that way?

They certainly have NOT responded to repeated provocations, such as the shooting down of a Russia Jet, with escalation.

?

They certainly have NOT responded to repeated provocations, such as the shooting down of a Russia Jet, with escalation.
It seems that way to you because you aren't informed enough on defense and foreign policy issues to know what an intelligent question would look like.

It is funny the way you libs dismiss his stated policies when it serves your purpose to do so,

And then when you are panic mongering, suddenly his "talking" is the most important and scary things in the universe.

And since so few people call you on your bullshit, generally you get to have it both ways.

Must suck when you run into someone like me who calls you on it.

You point about his campaign rhetoric was sillly.

My point about his serious policy issues stands.

?

It seems that way to you because you aren't informed enough on defense and foreign policy issues to know what an intelligent question would look like.

Nothing in that post supported your claim that "russians don't see it that way".

Being a pompous jerk is not supporting evidence.

?

Nothing in that post supported your claim that "russians don't see it that way".

How dim would you have to be not to have noticed that the Russians are pursuing an expansionist policy?

?

How dim would you have to be not to have noticed that the Russians are pursuing an expansionist policy?

How dim would you have to be to not have noticed that control of the Crimea is not an important American interest?

Certainly NOT worth WWIII.

How many American lives are you willing to spend to keep the Crimea Ukrainian?

?

How dim would you have to be to not have noticed that control of the Crimea is not an important American interest?

None. The Ukraine isn't a member of NATO.

Interesting little bit of trivia on stationing US troops overseas: It is far less expensive to station 28,000 troops in South Korea than it would be to keep them here. South Korea pays half the cost.

?

None. The Ukraine isn't a member of NATO.

You cited their "expansionistic policy" as evidence that the US and Russia have a serious conflict of interests.

If you were not making a vague reference to events in the Ukraine then what were you referring to?

Or was that just talk that you can't support?

My point stands.

We have no serious Conflict of Interests with Russia, and Trump is right to see that and to have a policy of NOT screwing around with Russia.

As a result Putin is happy and quite right to be happy.

Tension between the US and Russia is good for neither of us.

Interesting little bit of trivia on stationing US troops overseas: It is far less expensive to station 28,000 troops in South Korea than it would be to keep them here. South Korea pays half the cost.

That's a GREAT reason to be treaty bound to fight a war with the largest nation in the world.

NOT.

It is funny the way you libs dismiss his stated policies when it serves your purpose to do so,

And then when you are panic mongering, suddenly his "talking" is the most important and scary things in the universe.

And since so few people call you on your bullshit, generally you get to have it both ways.

To understand why Donald Trump is so wildly popular in Russia you need a little perspective on the history and character of Russian people. Russians traditionally admire a strong leader, they have no traditions of democracy or representative government, a cult of leader personality permeates their psyche. They are naturally drawn to authoritarian figures.

That's a GREAT reason to be treaty bound to fight a war with the largest nation in the world.

NOT.
Still not getting the whole deterrence concept....are you.

To understand why Donald Trump is so wildly popular in Russia you need a little perspective on the history and character of Russian people. Russians traditionally admire a strong leader, they have no traditions of democracy or representative government, a cult of leader personality permeates their psyche. They are naturally drawn to authoritarian figures.

or it could be that they like the idea that the most powerful nation in the world would drop it's vendetta against them.

Dropping sanctions against Russia would have immediate and massive positive effects on the Russian Economy and the Standard of Living for nearly all Russians.

NOT.
Still not getting the whole deterrence concept....are you.

I have repeatedly pointed out to you that making commitments based on the assumption that you will never have to fulfill them is massively irresponsible.

Deterrence works when your enemy thinks that you are serious.

If you commitments are such that your enemy thinks you are bluffing, then you have entered a very dangerous situation.

Especially as that crisis might occur years later when the people in charge didn't know that they weren't supposed to be SERIOUS about fulfilling that commitment.

That is a very good way to set your nation and the world up for a horrific disaster.

or it could be that they like the idea that the most powerful nation in the world would drop it's vendetta against them.

Dropping sanctions against Russia would have immediate and massive positive effects on the Russian Economy and the Standard of Living for nearly all Russians.
Vendetta? Sounds like something a Russian security service paid troll would say.

Forum List

Back