Newt vs Paul Paul gets pwned

OK, what has been voted down is an amendment which would have stripped wording from the defense bill which is pretty suspect. Doesn't mean it's been passed yet. I do not understand why it is even being considered but I also cannot read through all the hatred and anti-government BS to actually find the wording in the bill itself.

What I will say is that Sen Graham is an Idiot.

From what I could find I would agree with some of the provisions of this bill, but from what little actual wording I can find I can't say what needs to be changed.

No doubt it must be made clear that no American Citizen should ever be held without Habeas Corpus....

I can only trust that we won't have to use our 2nd amendment rights to fix this.......

The government has already killed an American citizen without due process. Now do not doubt the government will lock anyone up because it can now deem anyone a terrorist and you're gone.

An American Citizen who openly declared war against us....... Common sense is needed at times.....

Another thick-skulled Neocon Neanderthal boasting about nothing. Pure fantasy. Ron Paul is a gentleman. He held back for sure. He treats the Neocon Neanderthals much better than they treat him. He has honor & integrity while they do not. Gingrich is a very untrustworthy individual. Go with Ron Paul. He is a well educated & experienced Doctor who also served bravely in our Military. What's Gingrich's resume look like? Yea i'm sticking with Dr. Paul.

OK, what has been voted down is an amendment which would have stripped wording from the defense bill which is pretty suspect. Doesn't mean it's been passed yet. I do not understand why it is even being considered but I also cannot read through all the hatred and anti-government BS to actually find the wording in the bill itself.

What I will say is that Sen Graham is an Idiot.

From what I could find I would agree with some of the provisions of this bill, but from what little actual wording I can find I can't say what needs to be changed.

No doubt it must be made clear that no American Citizen should ever be held without Habeas Corpus....

I can only trust that we won't have to use our 2nd amendment rights to fix this.......

The government has already killed an American citizen without due process. Now do not doubt the government will lock anyone up because it can now deem anyone a terrorist and you're gone.

An American Citizen who openly declared war against us....... Common sense is needed at times.....

Such a rush aren't we? Again when did he do this? Or was it what we were told by the media and the government?

Well I just spent the better part of an hour reading the actual wording of this bill......

I don't see anything that would permit an American Citizen to be whisked away into oblivion.

I call BS.........

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=112_cong_bills&docid=f:h1540rfs.txt.pdf

you read the wrong bill
SB 3081
Text of S.3081 as Introduced in Senate: Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010... OpenCongress

Well I just spent the better part of an hour reading the actual wording of this bill......

I don't see anything that would permit an American Citizen to be whisked away into oblivion.

I call BS.........

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=112_cong_bills&docid=f:h1540rfs.txt.pdf

you read the wrong bill
SB 3081
Text of S.3081 as Introduced in Senate: Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010... OpenCongress

The link you offered says "as introduced"

Is that the bill in final form as passed?

I call BS.........

you read the wrong bill
SB 3081

The link you offered says "as introduced"

Is that the bill in final form as passed?

I'm just saying he read the wrong bill HR 1540 is not SB 3081

Last edited:

I call BS.........

you read the wrong bill
SB 3081

Introduced in the Senate, in March of 2010....... And has gone nowhere and means nothing.... try again.........

Simply cannot think of one of my rights that I have ever lost.

RP is wrong on this. I agree with Newt, I want to stop them before the attack, not catch up with them afterward.

I have to disagaree with you.

We live in an open society. With that comes risks.

I always enjoy the quote by the jewish person in Germany who talked about how the Nazis came for this group and then that group.....pretty soon.....

I don't want to be an alarmist, and Ron Paul isn't my first choice....but I do agree with him on this point.

John McCain (co-author of S. 1867) was interviewed by Greta Van Sustren last night and he straight up said US citizens on US soil could be detained as enemy combatants without being mirandized. So 5th & 6th Amendments, habeas corpus out the window.

Link to vid of the interview:

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Listen again, he said a citizen still had Habeas...........

Why must people want things to be other than they actually are?

BTW just my opinion but Mr McCain needs to retire.....

RP is wrong on this. I agree with Newt, I want to stop them before the attack, not catch up with them afterward.

I always enjoy the quote by the jewish person in Germany who talked about how the Nazis came for this group and then that group.....pretty soon.....

I don't want to be an alarmist, and Ron Paul isn't my first choice....but I do agree with him on this point.

So you don't think we should make the attempt to preempt any terrorist attack against us?

The only folks being pwned are the poor schmucks who support these people thinking that they are an improvement over the status quo instead of more of the same.

John McCain (co-author of S. 1867) was interviewed by Greta Van Sustren last night and he straight up said US citizens on US soil could be detained as enemy combatants without being mirandized. So 5th & 6th Amendments, habeas corpus out the window.

Link to vid of the interview:

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Listen again, he said a citizen still had Habeas...........

Why must people want things to be other than they actually are?

BTW just my opinion but Mr McCain needs to retire.....

I heard that, he said it at the very beginning then went on to completely contradict himself. It seems clear to me he likely doesn't know what habeas corpus is and that's pretty scary considering he co-authored S 1867. I agree he should retire.

So you don't think we should make the attempt to preempt any terrorist attack against us?

I don't think we should surrender our liberties to preempt any terrorist attack against us. There is a difference. I am not a huge fan of article III of the Patriot Act.

I also don't think we should go to war the we did eight years ago.

I don't think we should surrender our liberties to preempt any terrorist attack against us. There is a difference. I am not a huge fan of article III of the Patriot Act.

I also don't think we should go to war the we did eight years ago.

The war is a whole different subject. Both could have and should have been handled differently. But then Hindsight is so great.........

Paul Vs. Gingrich on Patriot Act, Liberty and Security - YouTube

Paul "We delt with it relatively well with Timmothy McVeigh"

Yep we did AFTER everyone was dead.
The man is a friggin' kook:cuckoo:.......Damn too dangerous to ever get anywhere near the oval office.

Fortunately most voters agree and he will never win.

Yessssss.....and we get the government we deserve don't we. How's that working out so far?

Forum List

Back