Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

Don't know. This thread could have been a page or two long.

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Something that obvious is pretty tough to miss.
Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Could it possibly be because one is innocent and the other is guilty?

EXACTLY. As of right now, Moore is guilty of nothing.
Well technically Bill Clinton is guilty of nothing but cheating on his wife. Is that also what you believe?

Wrong again.

Criminal contempt and perjury.
Ok, but not sexual assault right? All those women were making it up?

Evidently you do not know the difference between a 'kis' and 'sexual assault'. She stated she had to fight him off / forcibly push him off of her....and his story - and yours - about practicing for a skit does not jive when he physically felt her up while she slept.

But please, continue on with your justification of Franken's sexual assaults.
You are hopeless man. Putting his hands over her boobs and posing for an obvious photo is feeling her up, really? Why didn't she wake up. You'd think a women would jump up if somebody started gropping her in her sleep... please explain...

Kevlar.
Exactly... If he touches the back of her chair is he grabbing her butt?

She was WEARING the vest. You Hillarybot types want the truth to be what you imagine it to be, but the law is clear.
What does the law say constitutes a "grab"? He was pretending to grab in a distasteful picture.

I guess you'd agree that this guy has a handful of lawsuits on his hands, right?
View attachment 160840

I never said he "grabbed". But, his hands were clearly touching the vest above her breasts, when she'd informed him that his touch was unwelcome. Assault and battery. Oh, and the fact that he waited until she was asleep implies he knew it was wrong. You can keep defending him, but it's pointless. The law is clear.

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

even has a picture in there grabbing the breasts of the woman on the USO tour while she was sleeping.

he needs to resign and step down.

Why is this whole thing starting to remind me more and more of the Salem Witch Trials?

The difference of course is that in many of these situations there is a valid complaint to be made, but the tone of the situation seems to be devolving into hysteria.

The situation with Bill Cosby started the wheels turning. Then all the firings at Fox Noise. Then the Weinstein thing got it off and running, which probably prompted women in Alabama to say...#MeToo, and so Roy Moore gets rightfully swept up in it just like Al Franken has now. So yo can see, it's something that has unfolded over the last few years. No hysteria here. Just an awakening. And one long overdue.

Nah, what prompted alabama was pure political gamesmanship. The problem with releasing a lion into the lion pit is that it usually can't tell the Christians from the guards.

Wrong again. Did you actually read the original WaPo article? Of course you didn't.
Accuser No. 5: Beverly Nelson is a registered Republican who voted for Trump.
And I guess you were unaware of this, too:

(The accuser here is on video)

Roy Moore accuser: I got him banned from the mall
  • By CHRIS FRANCESCANI
Nov 16, 2017, 12:16 P.M.

An Alabama woman who has accused Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexually harassing her in the late 1970s said he was banned from the mall where she worked after she complained about his repeated, unwanted advances toward her.

“I went to my manager and talked to him about it and asked him, basically, what could be done,” Becky Gray told ABC News late Wednesday night. “Later on, he…came back through my department and told me that [Moore] had been banned from the mall.”

Gray said she has grown increasingly frustrated with critics who continue to question the veracity of numerous women’s claims of being sexually harassed four decades ago by the embattled former Alabama chief justice.

“It also upsets me where I read where a person says, 'Well, why didn't they come forward 40 years ago?'" Gray said."""

She went on, “These women have no reason to lie about their sexual encounters… so I just don't understand people that don't believe that it's true. There's a lot of shame to this, and for those women who did have sexual encounters with Moore, I commend them for coming out - I really do. It's about time.”

Moore has emphatically denied ever sexually harassing women, and is not currently facing any criminal charges. He has not addressed Gray's allegations.

In an interview with MSNBC on Wednesday, Moore’s lawyer said because of unrelated litigation, he is familiar with the complaint procedures at the mall. “From what I have been told, [there] has never been a list with Roy Moore banned from being at the mall,” he added.

Moore and his attorney have challenged claims by another accuser, Beverly Young Nelson, that he sexually harassed her when she was 16 years old. The upcoming Dec. 12 special election to replace former Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, who was appointed attorney general by President Donald Trump, is key to Senate Republicans. If Moore's Democratic challenger Doug Jones wins the election, it would narrow Republicans' majority from 52-48 to 51-49, and threaten to derail the GOP's legislative agenda. Senate Republicans have repeatedly called in recent days for Moore to withdraw his candidacy - a request he has vehemently rejected.

Here's what I don't get when it comes to celebrities and sexual misconduct.

All a celebrity has to do is go on Twitter and say, "I'm horny."

You would be able to read on the Richter Scale the stampede of women, men, hamsters (or whatever their particular kink is) as they rush to that celebrity's house and line up for miles.

There is absolutely no need for a powerful person to prey on people to get their sexual appetite slated. None.

I don't get why they do it. I just don't get it.
The volunteers aren't a challange. I knew a little rich kid once that had a horrid shop lifting problem. He could have had his parents buy him what he wanted but there was no thrill. The thrill was in getting away with it. Be glad if ya grew up regular and had to work for some thing, it m akes you appreciate the little things.

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

even has a picture in there grabbing the breasts of the woman on the USO tour while she was sleeping.

Frankenstein is a comedian....why would you expect different behavior from him. The dimms thought he would be an effective representative of their values...shows how stupid they were/are.

So all male comedians are sexual predators? What brilliant logic.

You are joking right?

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.
wow, and yall call the left Snowflakes huh?

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.

Of course I'm serious. You are distorting because you don't want to admit he committed a crime when he had that picture made. Your determined defense makes me wonder if a similar picture of you exists. But, long story short, the explanation is in this link ( What is "assault and battery"? - Rottenstein Law Group LLP ) that you seem to have ignored.
I'm not distorting anything. You can go by the letter of the law and try and make a case that the picture show assualt and battery. You will get laughed out of the room. Notice that not even the right wingers are accusing Franken of assault and battery. Wonder why? Because it is a ridiculous claim.

Her account of the back stage kiss is closer to sexual assault. You are better off taking that route for this debate.

Why is this whole thing starting to remind me more and more of the Salem Witch Trials?

The difference of course is that in many of these situations there is a valid complaint to be made, but the tone of the situation seems to be devolving into hysteria.

The situation with Bill Cosby started the wheels turning. Then all the firings at Fox Noise. Then the Weinstein thing got it off and running, which probably prompted women in Alabama to say...#MeToo, and so Roy Moore gets rightfully swept up in it just like Al Franken has now. So yo can see, it's something that has unfolded over the last few years. No hysteria here. Just an awakening. And one long overdue.

Nah, what prompted alabama was pure political gamesmanship. The problem with releasing a lion into the lion pit is that it usually can't tell the Christians from the guards.

Wrong again. Did you actually read the original WaPo article? Of course you didn't.
Accuser No. 5: Beverly Nelson is a registered Republican who voted for Trump.
And I guess you were unaware of this, too:

(The accuser here is on video)

• By CHRIS FRANCESCANI
Nov 16, 2017, 12:16 P.M.

An Alabama woman who has accused Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexually harassing her in the late 1970s said he was banned from the mall where she worked after she complained about his repeated, unwanted advances toward her.

“I went to my manager and talked to him about it and asked him, basically, what could be done,” Becky Gray told ABC News late Wednesday night. “Later on, he…came back through my department and told me that [Moore] had been banned from the mall.”

Gray said she has grown increasingly frustrated with critics who continue to question the veracity of numerous women’s claims of being sexually harassed four decades ago by the embattled former Alabama chief justice.

“It also upsets me where I read where a person says, 'Well, why didn't they come forward 40 years ago?'" Gray said."""

She went on, “These women have no reason to lie about their sexual encounters… so I just don't understand people that don't believe that it's true. There's a lot of shame to this, and for those women who did have sexual encounters with Moore, I commend them for coming out - I really do. It's about time.”

Moore has emphatically denied ever sexually harassing women, and is not currently facing any criminal charges. He has not addressed Gray's allegations.

In an interview with MSNBC on Wednesday, Moore’s lawyer said because of unrelated litigation, he is familiar with the complaint procedures at the mall. “From what I have been told, [there] has never been a list with Roy Moore banned from being at the mall,” he added.

Moore and his attorney have challenged claims by another accuser, Beverly Young Nelson, that he sexually harassed her when she was 16 years old. The upcoming Dec. 12 special election to replace former Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, who was appointed attorney general by President Donald Trump, is key to Senate Republicans. If Moore's Democratic challenger Doug Jones wins the election, it would narrow Republicans' majority from 52-48 to 51-49, and threaten to derail the GOP's legislative agenda. Senate Republicans have repeatedly called in recent days for Moore to withdraw his candidacy - a request he has vehemently rejected.

Well, there should be a record of that. Let's see it!

You are hopeless man. Putting his hands over her boobs and posing for an obvious photo is feeling her up, really? Why didn't she wake up. You'd think a women would jump up if somebody started gropping her in her sleep... please explain...

Kevlar.

She was WEARING the vest. You Hillarybot types want the truth to be what you imagine it to be, but the law is clear.
What does the law say constitutes a "grab"? He was pretending to grab in a distasteful picture.

I guess you'd agree that this guy has a handful of lawsuits on his hands, right?
View attachment 160840

I never said he "grabbed". But, his hands were clearly touching the vest above her breasts, when she'd informed him that his touch was unwelcome. Assault and battery. Oh, and the fact that he waited until she was asleep implies he knew it was wrong. You can keep defending him, but it's pointless. The law is clear.
I guess the guy taking the picture should be arrested as an accomplice to battery as well right?

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.

Of course I'm serious. You are distorting because you don't want to admit he committed a crime when he had that picture made. Your determined defense makes me wonder if a similar picture of you exists. But, long story short, the explanation is in this link ( What is "assault and battery"? - Rottenstein Law Group LLP ) that you seem to have ignored.
I'm not distorting anything. You can go by the letter of the law and try and make a case that the picture show assualt and battery. You will get laughed out of the room. Notice that not even the right wingers are accusing Franken of assault and battery. Wonder why? Because it is a ridiculous claim.

Her account of the back stage kiss is closer to sexual assault. You are better off taking that route for this debate.

I don't care what the right wingers do. I rarely agree with them, though they are usually more acceptable than you Clintonistas. And, by the way, it's the letter of the law that gets you convicted.

View attachment 160840

I guess the guy taking the picture should be arrested as an accomplice to battery as well right?

Perhaps he should. I'm given to understand that he was Franken's brother, right?

I see that the top republican did not wanted to respond on the Al Franken matter. And everyone else just want an investigation on it before responding about it. But they all prejudged Senator Moore, and want him to step down before any investigation is done.

Al Franken IMMEDIATELY owned it, in case you've already forgotten, and has issued a statement.
Roy Moore keeps denying as more women (9 now) come forward.

He "owned' it with a 'ha, ha I thought is was a joke ha ha" non-apology apology.

No he didn't, douchette. Where did you get that? Breitbart? Don't you ever check your shit before you post it?

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., released the statement below following allegations he groped and forcibly kissed a radio host against her will:

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

“While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

“I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

“And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”

Sen. Al Franken's complete statement on groping allegations
and?

I don't care what the right wingers do. I rarely agree with them, though they are usually more acceptable than you Clintonistas. And, by the way, it's the letter of the law that gets you convicted.
all I want is evidence when someone makes a claim against another. that's all. I give a shit their party affiliation. nothing more, nothing less.

There is no partisan high ground on sexual harassment. For every Trump, there's a Clinton. For every Moore, there's a Franken.

Franken: “It was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t.” Pretty much summarizes his whole career.

Cintonista? I didn't vote for Hillary. Another example that you don't know what you are talking about

Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Could it possibly be because one is innocent and the other is guilty?

EXACTLY. As of right now, Moore is guilty of nothing.
Well technically Bill Clinton is guilty of nothing but cheating on his wife. Is that also what you believe?

Wrong again.

Criminal contempt and perjury.
Ok, but not sexual assault right? All those women were making it up?

Who would prosecute him? Democrats? Right!

Forum List

Back