Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

What more would you like to be said about Franken? I think most people have stated that they think he crossed a line and did something inappropriate. He wrote a pretty humble apology, not trying to make excuses but trying to put women first and even called for an ethics investigation into his action. What more would you like to say?
Don't know. This thread could have been a page or two long.

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Something that obvious is pretty tough to miss.
Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Could it possibly be because one is innocent and the other is guilty?

EXACTLY. As of right now, Moore is guilty of nothing.
Well technically Bill Clinton is guilty of nothing but cheating on his wife. Is that also what you believe?

Wrong again.

Criminal contempt and perjury.

I did, Slade.

I must have missed her 'snowflake/liberal speak' when she said:

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

-- Al Franken accused of kissing, groping LA TV host without consent

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

Did she somehow agree to let him feel her up while she slept, too?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!
These are HER words from her article....

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.
Evidently you do not know the difference between a 'kis' and 'sexual assault'. She stated she had to fight him off / forcibly push him off of her....and his story - and yours - about practicing for a skit does not jive when he physically felt her up while she slept.

But please, continue on with your justification of Franken's sexual assaults.
You are hopeless man. Putting his hands over her boobs and posing for an obvious photo is feeling her up, really? Why didn't she wake up. You'd think a women would jump up if somebody started gropping her in her sleep... please explain...

Kevlar.
Exactly... If he touches the back of her chair is he grabbing her butt?

Look at the picture, dumb ass!

I did, Slade.

I must have missed her 'snowflake/liberal speak' when she said:

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

-- Al Franken accused of kissing, groping LA TV host without consent

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

Did she somehow agree to let him feel her up while she slept, too?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.
Evidently you do not know the difference between a 'kis' and 'sexual assault'. She stated she had to fight him off / forcibly push him off of her....and his story - and yours - about practicing for a skit does not jive when he physically felt her up while she slept.

You are hopeless man. Putting his hands over her boobs and posing for an obvious photo is feeling her up, really? Why didn't she wake up. You'd think a women would jump up if somebody started gropping her in her sleep... please explain...

Kevlar.
dudettte you're looking desperate now. you should perhaps stop before you embarrass yourself more.

Only Libs can deny the physical facts of a photo. It thwarts their feelings dominated schemes and that just can't happen

Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Could it possibly be because one is innocent and the other is guilty?

EXACTLY. As of right now, Moore is guilty of nothing.
Well technically Bill Clinton is guilty of nothing but cheating on his wife. Is that also what you believe?

Yep, because it is true. OJ is not guilty of murder as well. Oh, Clinton is guilty of perjury though.
Sure, but we are in the "court of public opinion" It not about proving legal guilt or not. We decide what we believe based on the evidence before us. Using this legal proof agrument just sounds like a deflection to me. We should have enough to make up our minds. Just as many did with Clinton. Did you hear a few more girls came out with accusations against Moore. What is that 8 now?
so why are you against him staying in the race and he takes his ruling from the voters? I don't get it.

I’m offended by the non-humor, but his hands aren’t actually touching her - any idiot can see that.

As to her other claim that he forcibly French-kissed her, it’s gross, she’s certainly owed and apology and it’s up to him what his does about his political career - or up to the Senate to rebuke him, although I believe this occurred before he was a Senator?

It’s certainly not on the level of sexually molesting or even pursuing teenaged girls when one is 30+ years old.

Who pursued teenage girls at age 30?
Roy Moore, D.A. - by account of too many people (not just the girls) to be anything but believed, except by a Trump chump.

LOL! I don't support Moore or even the Republicans, but it's come out that when a document was signed by Roy Moore, D.A., his name was actually signed by his assistant Deborah Adams.

I’m offended by the non-humor, but his hands aren’t actually touching her - any idiot can see that.

As to her other claim that he forcibly French-kissed her, it’s gross, she’s certainly owed an apology and it’s up to him and his constituents what that does about his political career - or up to the Senate to rebuke him, although I believe this occurred before he was a Senator?

It’s certainly not on the level of sexually molesting or even pursuing teenaged girls when one is 30+ years old.
what's the difference? let's hear your explanation for this one. BTW, who did you vote for?

As to her other claim that he forcibly French-kissed her, it’s gross, she’s certainly owed and apology and it’s up to him what his does about his political career - or up to the Senate to rebuke him, although I believe this occurred before he was a Senator?

Who pursued teenage girls at age 30?
Roy Moore, D.A. - by account of too many people (not just the girls) to be anything but believed, except by a Trump chump.

LOL! I don't support Moore or even the Republicans, but it's come out that when a document was signed by Roy Moore, D.A., his name was actually signed by his assistant Deborah Adams.
correct and why the D.A. was there.

He may have thought of doing that like every heteral sexual men fantasied about at one time. But actually grabbing the woman breast while she is asleep is perverted. I thought that Joe Biden was the only one had done such a thing.

Again for the 7th time, he crossed a line, it was inappropriate, it wasn't sexual assault. If it was then we can go through Facebook and arrest thousands of people who have taken similar photos. Is that what you'd like to do?

Also, she wasn't just random women, they had been touring for weeks doing comedy sketches for the troops, including a sexually charged skit with eachother. Obviously, by her account she was disgusted by Franken and didn't want anything to do with him. He was obviously infatuated with her and acted way to casually and much to aggressively towards her.

Go back and read again. I never said it was sexual assault. I said it was simple assault and as he touched the vest she was wearing, it was battery as well.

What is "assault and battery"? - Rottenstein Law Group LLP
You are joking right?

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.
wow, and yall call the left Snowflakes huh?

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.

Go back and read again. I never said it was sexual assault. I said it was simple assault and as he touched the vest she was wearing, it was battery as well.

You are joking right?

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.
one can't be had cause you can't see evidence in a photo. sorry, it isn't worth anyone's time. people don't generally apologize.

It is surprising Chuckie Schumer and other democrats are allegedly seeking an ethics investigation of Al "The Groper" Franken.
Yeah, Franken called for the investigation into himself in his written apology.

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

even has a picture in there grabbing the breasts of the woman on the USO tour while she was sleeping.

he needs to resign and step down.
The bat shit crazy fucker should be endlessly Ridiculed for his hypocrisy

I don't think anybody takes him very serious, or I would at least hope not.
No doubt, only stupid fuckers think of him as anymore than an ass-clown...

Maybe he should have dressed up like Roy Rogers and held up his little pistol?

roy-moore.jpg

It is surprising Chuckie Schumer and other democrats are allegedly seeking an ethics investigation of Al "The Groper" Franken.
I hope that is true. I'm happy with mcconnell calling one for Moore. let's bring these people in under oath and especially the yearbook. I can't wait. why is anyone against that?

You are joking right?

Of course I'm serious. You are distorting because you don't want to admit he committed a crime when he had that picture made. Your determined defense makes me wonder if a similar picture of you exists. But, long story short, the explanation is in this link ( What is "assault and battery"? - Rottenstein Law Group LLP ) that you seem to have ignored.

I see that the top republican did not wanted to respond on the Al Franken matter. And everyone else just want an investigation on it before responding about it. But they all prejudged Senator Moore, and want him to step down before any investigation is done.

Al Franken IMMEDIATELY owned it, in case you've already forgotten, and has issued a statement.
Roy Moore keeps denying as more women (9 now) come forward.

He "owned' it with a 'ha, ha I thought is was a joke ha ha" non-apology apology.

No he didn't, douchette. Where did you get that? Breitbart? Don't you ever check your shit before you post it?

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., released the statement below following allegations he groped and forcibly kissed a radio host against her will:

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

“While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

“I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

“And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”

Sen. Al Franken's complete statement on groping allegations

Kevlar.

She was WEARING the vest. You Hillarybot types want the truth to be what you imagine it to be, but the law is clear.
What does the law say constitutes a "grab"? He was pretending to grab in a distasteful picture.

I guess you'd agree that this guy has a handful of lawsuits on his hands, right?
upload_2017-11-16_13-11-49.png

Forum List

Back