Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

You are joking right?

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.
wow, and yall call the left Snowflakes huh?

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.
He didn't pretend to grab them. He actually paid his hands on them. Anyone who thinks that isn't sexual assault can only be a democrat.
Oh, look who crossed over into snowflakeville! Welcome, how does it feel?

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

even has a picture in there grabbing the breasts of the woman on the USO tour while she was sleeping.

he needs to resign and step down.

What a total sleaze bag he is. All these perverts had the nerve to bash Trump over mere words but they are the ones who actually committed the sexual assaults. And Franken apparently thought it was funny to have a photo taken of him grabbing the breasts of a sleeping woman. He is just the latest in a string of liberal perverts who get excused for their actions. None will suffer the bashing that Trump did over some locker room talk. Hell, ABC tried to spin Kevin Spacey's attempt to molest a child as a wonderful "coming out of the closet" moment. Pitiful!!

even has a picture in there grabbing the breasts of the woman on the USO tour while she was sleeping.

A. She wasn't sexually assaulted you fucking moron.

I said ā€˜OKā€™

Those are her own words. He asked for a kiss and she said I said ā€˜OKā€™. She can say now that she was pressured but that's just bullshit. How many of us men have "pressured" a girl to kiss us? All of us? Come on honey, just one kiss. Please!!! And a lot of times they give in. Women prove no doesn't always mean no.

And, this is not a sexual assault.

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And Thereā€™s Nothing Funny About It

By Leeann Tweeden

In December of 2006, I embarked on my ninth USO Tour to entertain our troops, my eighth to the Middle East since the 9/11 attacks. My father served in Vietnam and my then-boyfriend (and now husband, Chris) is a pilot in the Air Force, so bringing a ā€˜little piece of homeā€™ to servicemembers stationed far away from their families was both my passion and my privilege.

Also on the trip were country music artists Darryl Worley, Mark Wills, Keni Thomas, and some cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys. The headliner was comedian and now-senator, Al Franken.

Franken had written some skits for the show and brought props and costumes to go along with them. Like many USO shows before and since, the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ā€˜kissā€™. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, ā€œWe need to rehearse the kiss.ā€ I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ā€˜Relax Al, this isnā€™t SNLā€¦we donā€™t need to rehearse the kiss.ā€™

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ā€˜OKā€™ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldnā€™t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.

Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldnā€™t kiss me on the lips.

No one saw what happened backstage. I didnā€™t tell the Sergeant Major of the Army, who was the sponsor of the tour. I didnā€™t tell our USO rep what happened.

At the time I didnā€™t want to cause trouble. We were in the middle of a war zone, it was the first show of our Holiday tour, I was a professional, and I could take care of myself. I told a few of the others on the tour what Franken had done and they knew how I felt about it.

I tried to let it go, but I was angry.

Other than our dialogue on stage, I never had a voluntary conversation with Al Franken again. I avoided him as much as possible and made sure I was never alone with him again for the rest of the tour.

Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

But he didnā€™t stop there.

The tour wrapped and on Christmas Eve we began the 36-hour trip home to L.A. After 2 weeks of grueling travel and performing I was exhausted. When our C-17 cargo plane took off from Afghanistan I immediately fell asleep, even though I was still wearing my flak vest and Kevlar helmet.

It wasnā€™t until I was back in the US and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one:

leeann-airplane-pic.jpg

This is being funny. He didn't even touch her.

Of course not. She made it clear that his touch was unwanted and he touched the vest over her breasts...assault and battery.

I don't, but I do call you a clueless partisan who is inconsistent in his outrage and not a true Progressive.
Its not a partisan issue at all. I've stated my disgust with Moore and with Bill Clinton. The Franken situation is quite different. I'm looking for an honest conversation about it. What about it am I distorting? You honestly think that pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman wearing a kevlar vest, that he has been doing a sexually charged skit with him for weeks, constitutes assault? You can't be serious.
He didn't pretend to grab them. He actually paid his hands on them. Anyone who thinks that isn't sexual assault can only be a democrat.

How am I in "snowflake land?" Do you imagine that right wingers don't believe sexual assault is a real thing?

Al Franken's gives a full-throated apology, insists that an investigation be conducted on him and pledges full co-operation on any forthcoming investigations on him regarding the matter...

Senator Al Franken Accused of Groping a Woman in 2006

That's how you do it.

Resigning is how you do it.

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s | HuffPost

For doing what he did? I don't think so. But now this Roy Moore guy actually got banned from a mall.

How am I in "snowflake land?" Do you imagine that right wingers don't believe sexual assault is a real thing?
Not unless the accused is a Democrat you don't.

Franken statement: "I certainly donā€™t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it.ā€

That is Not good enough, he must resign

Well technically Bill Clinton is guilty of nothing but cheating on his wife. Is that also what you believe?

Wrong again.

Criminal contempt and perjury.
Ok, but not sexual assault right? All those women were making it up?

Who would prosecute him? Democrats? Right!
Are you dodging the question? Do you think Bill Clinton is guilty of sexual assault on multiple women or not?

Yes. Yes, I do. His payment to Paula Jones to settle her civil suit was sufficient for me to make that determination
Then you agree Trump is guilty of wholesale fraud.

1. The woman that Franken is grabbing is not a minor.
2. It's obvious that this was done as a joke, with witnesses right there. It was not sexual harassment, but a satire on sexual harassment.
3. It was still wildly inappropriate. Franken should apologize. Comedy does not have a free license to do anything in the name of humor.
He must resign

No I but I believed you had a thicker skin than to say that a guy posing for a joke photo was committing sexual assault. Inappropriate yes, a crime?? I don't think so

And you aren't kidding anybody if this was a republican in the photo and the left was crying assault you'd be screaming Snowflakes from the top of a mountain. You know you would

If Al "Fish Lips" Franken does the right thing and resigns, what candidates are currently ready to go?

I think Jillian and G5000 must be married.
The amount of effort to deflect from Franken and divert to Moore on this thread, if translated into electricity, could power the city of Phoenix in August for two weeks.

I'm not defending him.
Mom simply pointing out we're not talking about the same thing.

And the desperate effort to deflect from the sexual predator Roy Moore is palpable.
Actually, we're not even talking about Moore. this thread is not about Republicans, or Trump, or Moore. We are not entertaining distractions from the story of the latest Democrat sexual assaulter, and we don't want to hinder the snowflakes while they do their best to justify Franken's sexual assault.

I can't wait to hear slade try to explain next how she was 'asking for it'.
No.

I mean, sure, the title of the thread is "Next up on the sexual misconduct parade is - Al Franken!", but we're not supposed to be using the thread for that. We're supposed to be using the thread to talk about Roy Moore.

So do what you're told, ignore and avoid the point of the thread, talk about Roy Moore only, or else.

Nooo. I said I'm
Not defending al.

And just because the o/p wants to deflect from
Moore does that mean he should be able to.

Or we can talk about what I posted. Which is congreas had paid out millions of dollars of our money in sexual harassment settlements.
Go ahead. I'll talk about Franken and the hypocrisy of his supporters.

Closer to the thread topic.

want to talk about the difference in the way a decent person addresses this (like franken) and the way a creep who goes after teenage girls handles it (like moore). or better yet, a sexual predator who grabs women by the genitals because he's "famous" (Donald).

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And Thereā€™s Nothing Funny About It

Frankenstein is a comedian....why would you expect different behavior from him. The dimms thought he would be an effective representative of their values...shows how stupid they were/are.

So all male comedians are sexual predators? What brilliant logic.
A dozen Katyushas on the way to you via ups.

I'm sure the flood of condemnation from the Dems is forthcoming. Proof not needed.

I can tell you what you won't see. You won't see fifty threads by liberals trying everycrazy concoction of excuse and defense for Franken, that they can think of,

the way we've seen it for Moore.

Why is this whole thing starting to remind me more and more of the Salem Witch Trials?

The difference of course is that in many of these situations there is a valid complaint to be made, but the tone of the situation seems to be devolving into hysteria.

It is exactly like the Salem Witch Trials. Accusers are believed regardless of lack of evidence and under questionable circumstance.

It's the New Rule.

Are You Really Ready For The New Rule?
yep. by and large we're about to hear a lot of bullshit. 10-15% may be true and it's sad it will get washed about by the mass of people rushing off to be a part of the #METOO fad, hurting a lot of people along the way w/o any proof.
/ā€”ā€”/ Second woman comes forward. Link on Drudge.

Leeann Tweeden describes the assault by Al "Fish Lips" Franken.

I want to vomit just thinking about that creep touching anyone. Ewww!

The entire left is hypocritical. Trump will never hear the end of his comment yet the likes of Roman Polanski, who raped and sodomized a young girl, got a standing ovation from the Hollywood liberals. Shame he couldn't be there in person to thank them since he doesn't dare set foot back in the states or he'll have to face the consequences of his crime.

So many liberals have treated women, and young boys, like dirt and an apology makes them good again. So sickening the way a liberal will be forgiven for anything as long as they are willing to continue to support the left's ideology.

Franken, like countless other libs, will apologize and pretend he didn't mean anything by his actions. It will be good enough for the left.

Forum List

Back