NFL makes TERRIBLE announcement (fans shocked!)

I saw this coming months ago. This has to be one of the most successful boycotts in American history. Read on to discover just how bad it is for the NFL...

That first line is very telling.

"Ever since NFL players decided to use their television time to shove their liberal politics down Americans throats, ratings for the league have plummeted."

IOW, police brutality and lack of freedom and basic rights are RW values.

Also RW is trump's total lack of knowledge of the US Constitution, the law that forbids anyone forcing or ordering standing or saluting and his refusal to stand for the oath of office he swore to uphold.
This entire thread is based on the fake news that the NFL cancelled the last Sunday night game of the regular season; when in fact, no such game was ever scheduled to begin with.

Here’s the very first update to the NFL’s schedule posted online back in April....

NFL 2017 Regular Season Week 17 Schedule - NFL.com

... no Sunday night game on the schedule.

A good percentage of the people I know love the NFL. You will have as easy of a time pulling the NFL from my cold dead hands as you will my fire arm. Most the people I see on saterday and sunday feel the same way.
I'm sure that is true. Nonetheless, revenues have fallen considerably. The very fact that they actually cancelled a game is...let's say difficult to rationalize meaningfully. Attendance, viewership, cable deals...they all make up their profits. It will probably survive, but they have peaked as a business commodity.

No game was cancelled. All of the teams will play. There will not be a Sunday night game, but all of the games will be played.

I agree that the NFL has probably peaked, and may now decline.

Maybe they should not insult their fans?

If player conduct is an insult to fans, the NFL has been insulting their fans for years and years. We've had cheaters, wife beaters, drug users, multiple offenders, accused rapists, convicted animal abusers, and DUI killers in the league.

I consider it strange that the protests cause people to stop watching when all those other issues did not, but I realize it's true that some have stopped watching the NFL because of the protests. However, the NFL has far more issues than the protests. Overall declining TV viewing, overpriced taxpayer-funded stadiums, teams moving to markets which don't necessarily want them (hello LA), and changes to the way the game is played all have an affect on viewership. I think that latter factor is probably the biggest one. Player safety seems like the most likely reason for the NFL to fall out of favor; such a violent sport is inherently dangerous, and trying to remove the danger may cause such a dilution of the product that fans will no longer be interested.

The NFL may be declining a bit, but they are still easily the biggest revenue sport in the US. So far as I know, it isn't even close; the NFL makes billions more than the next closest league. It will be a while before the NFL loses its spot as top dog in US sports.

Individual actions is bad enough.

Far worse for large percentages of players to disrespect the flag and be supported by the nfl.

Large percentages? How many players do you think are kneeling during the anthem?

I saw this coming months ago. This has to be one of the most successful boycotts in American history. Read on to discover just how bad it is for the NFL...

That first line is very telling.

"Ever since NFL players decided to use their television time to shove their liberal politics down Americans throats, ratings for the league have plummeted."

IOW, police brutality and lack of freedom and basic rights are RW values.

Also RW is trump's total lack of knowledge of the US Constitution, the law that forbids anyone forcing or ordering standing or saluting and his refusal to stand for the oath of office he swore to uphold.

Nothing in the OP supports police brutality.

Have you really missed that much of the nation sees this as being about the kneeling and not their stated intent?

It is completely dishonest to ignore that, and judge them based on as though they share YOUR view of events.

I'm sure that is true. Nonetheless, revenues have fallen considerably. The very fact that they actually cancelled a game is...let's say difficult to rationalize meaningfully. Attendance, viewership, cable deals...they all make up their profits. It will probably survive, but they have peaked as a business commodity.

No game was cancelled. All of the teams will play. There will not be a Sunday night game, but all of the games will be played.

I agree that the NFL has probably peaked, and may now decline.

Maybe they should not insult their fans?

If player conduct is an insult to fans, the NFL has been insulting their fans for years and years. We've had cheaters, wife beaters, drug users, multiple offenders, accused rapists, convicted animal abusers, and DUI killers in the league.

I consider it strange that the protests cause people to stop watching when all those other issues did not, but I realize it's true that some have stopped watching the NFL because of the protests. However, the NFL has far more issues than the protests. Overall declining TV viewing, overpriced taxpayer-funded stadiums, teams moving to markets which don't necessarily want them (hello LA), and changes to the way the game is played all have an affect on viewership. I think that latter factor is probably the biggest one. Player safety seems like the most likely reason for the NFL to fall out of favor; such a violent sport is inherently dangerous, and trying to remove the danger may cause such a dilution of the product that fans will no longer be interested.

The NFL may be declining a bit, but they are still easily the biggest revenue sport in the US. So far as I know, it isn't even close; the NFL makes billions more than the next closest league. It will be a while before the NFL loses its spot as top dog in US sports.

Individual actions is bad enough.

Far worse for large percentages of players to disrespect the flag and be supported by the nfl.

Large percentages? How many players do you think are kneeling during the anthem?

Enough to define the League, especially considering that the League has supported them.

Forum List

Back