NFL makes TERRIBLE announcement (fans shocked!)

Did the NFL really cancel televising a game? That is really shocking if true.

I'd like to see it from a more reliable source. :rolleyes:

Here it is from cnn, with the opposite spin, ie downplaying this all. The show was cancelled.

However, the final line, that they put there specifically to avoid people reading it tells the truth story.

(have you heard of the reverse pyramid?)

NFL cancels Sunday Night Football this week

"2017 has been a tough year for the NFL. The ratings for this NFL's season are down 9% from last year."
I have this to say anyone want to wager? The NFL will be playing ten years from now! The NFL is going no where.

A 9% drop in one year is a serious blow.

And it will keep going down.

That 9% drop is not, however, unique to the NFL. From what I have read, it is common among all broadcast television.
How Much Each Broadcast Net's TV Ratings Are Down From Last Year
Yes, the NFL's TV ratings are down but so is the rest of network television
Has the Bottom Fallen Out of the Broadcast TV Ratings?

The NFL also just recently came to a new 5 year agreement with Verizon for $25 billion.

The NFL is certainly experiencing a ratings decline. Some of that has to do with the protests, and a lot is probably because of a general trend away from traditional broadcast TV. I don't think the NFL is in any danger of going out of business or even losing its spot as the top US sport, though.

Keep insulting your customers and the future is going to be worse and worse for you.

Here it is from cnn, with the opposite spin, ie downplaying this all. The show was cancelled.

However, the final line, that they put there specifically to avoid people reading it tells the truth story.

"2017 has been a tough year for the NFL. The ratings for this NFL's season are down 9% from last year."
I have this to say anyone want to wager? The NFL will be playing ten years from now! The NFL is going no where.
We can only hope those future players will play for the love of the game.

Because that's what they'll be playing for.
A good percentage of the people I know love the NFL. You will have as easy of a time pulling the NFL from my cold dead hands as you will my fire arm. Most the people I see on saterday and sunday feel the same way.
I'm sure that is true. Nonetheless, revenues have fallen considerably. The very fact that they actually cancelled a game is...let's say difficult to rationalize meaningfully. Attendance, viewership, cable deals...they all make up their profits. It will probably survive, but they have peaked as a business commodity.

No game was cancelled. All of the teams will play. There will not be a Sunday night game, but all of the games will be played.

I agree that the NFL has probably peaked, and may now decline.

Maybe they should not insult their fans?

That 9% drop is not, however, unique to the NFL. From what I have read, it is common among all broadcast television.

The NFL also just recently came to a new 5 year agreement with Verizon for $25 billion.

The NFL is certainly experiencing a ratings decline. Some of that has to do with the protests, and a lot is probably because of a general trend away from traditional broadcast TV. I don't think the NFL is in any danger of going out of business or even losing its spot as the top US sport, though.

Keep insulting your customers and the future is going to be worse and worse for you.
Ya, come down to the Bdubs I watch at and insult the NFL, you will not make it out in one peice. The NFL has real hard core fans it is going no where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good percentage of the people I know love the NFL. You will have as easy of a time pulling the NFL from my cold dead hands as you will my fire arm. Most the people I see on saterday and sunday feel the same way.
I'm sure that is true. Nonetheless, revenues have fallen considerably. The very fact that they actually cancelled a game is...let's say difficult to rationalize meaningfully. Attendance, viewership, cable deals...they all make up their profits. It will probably survive, but they have peaked as a business commodity.

No game was cancelled. All of the teams will play. There will not be a Sunday night game, but all of the games will be played.

Yes, yes. They cancelled the broadcast, admittedly for lack of interest. For their final game of a dismal season. It does not bode well.

I disagree with a couple things about the article, but share many of the same attitudes of the writer. First of all, it isn't LIBERAL values at work, here, but fifth column leftist. Secondly, I don't think most fans are nearly as outraged by the disrespect for the flag by various players as they are the fact that the NFL has taken such strong positions in favor of them.

An individual player siding with a racist, cop-killing organization like BLM is one thing. THe NFL making it policy because they are too chicken shit to confront black racism is what makes it truly revolting.

A player siding against police brutality. So you side with police brutality?

Yes, yes. They cancelled the broadcast, admittedly for lack of interest. For their final game of a dismal season. It does not bode well.
Put your money where your mouth is! I will take wagers on where the NFL will be in ten years. You do not understand the fan base, we will not let it die!

Everybody is sick of these illiterate blacks making millions a year for playing a game and then attacking america as a hotbed of racial oppression!!!
Another supporter of police brutality against black people. Anorher Trump voter ion action.

Put your money where your mouth is! I will take wagers on where the NFL will be in ten years. You do not understand the fan base, we will not let it die!
You do not understand neither of us will be able to collect in ten years. haha

I have never had an interest in football. I've seen the numbers, and they are not good. It would be like betting on Hillary after seeing one of her crowds.

Obviously it's the team owners who do not understand their fan base.

How is the NFL insulting you? Are you a fan of police brutality? Are you a fan of racist behavior?

I laugh at how you assholes cheered all those black players on the field but ignored it when black people when they were gunned down by police without repercussions.

How do you do that?

New Years Eve with no meaningful games? Why compete with the bowl games?

You do not understand neither of us will be able to collect in ten years. haha

I have never had an interest in football. I've seen the numbers, and they are not good. It would be like betting on Hillary after seeing one of her crowds.
I have taken sports book for years, I have a number of ten year old bets on the books. They do get paid. You are right how ever to not bet due to the fact you are not a fan. You do not understand how this has become a part of our lives over the years and what we will do to defend it.

I saw this coming months ago. This has to be one of the most successful boycotts in American history. Read on to discover just how bad it is for the NFL...

NFL makes TERRIBLE announcement (fans shocked!)
^^^ fake news ^^^

There was never a game scheduled for that Sunday night. It wasn’t cancelled due to low ratings — it was never scheduled to begin with because it’s New Years Eve.

Dayam, you rightwingnuts sure are retarded. <smh>

How is the NFL insulting you? Are you a fan of police brutality? Are you a fan of racist behavior?

I laugh at how you assholes cheered all those black players on the field but ignored it when black people when they were gunned down by police without repercussions.

How do you do that?
Get um Dave!! They are fucking with my last bastion of happiness. Take my sunday away and suffer mine and every other rabid NFL fans wrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you do that?
Get um Dave!! They are fucking with my last bastion of happiness. Take my sunday away and suffer mine and every other rabid NFL fans wrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you liberals have minds that automatically revert to violence about everything. You don't know how to deal with anything in any other way but have a baby tantrum.

Ya, come down to the Bdubs I watch at and insult the NFL, you will not make it out in one peice. The NFL has real hard core fans it is going no where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure. But the far larger number of fans that watch the game on tv, and that bring in the advertising dollars?

They probably don't like being treated like shit by the people they support.

The next generation? What kind of kid wants to idolize some rich piece of shit that kneels during the Anthem?

I feel bad that we won't be able to watch a game where either the teams are done for the year & have no reason to risk injury or maybe watch a playoff bound team play their second string. I'd prefer the college bowl games. Washington kick Penn State's ass & Wisconsin win over Miami.

Both games better than the NFL scheduled game.

Everybody is sick of these illiterate blacks making millions a year for playing a game and then attacking america as a hotbed of racial oppression!!!
Another supporter of police brutality against black people. Anorher Trump voter ion action.

THERE IS NO POLICE BRUTALITY AGAINST BLACKS! If blacks would stop getting violent with the cops they would stop getting killed, it's that simple.

A player siding against police brutality. So you side with police brutality?

Grow up.

Grow the fuck up.

Black lives matter is a divisive organization attempting to further the already HUGE privilege blacks have carved out for themselves by constant claims of victimhood. It sprung from two cases of black criminality, one of which involved a black thug beating a man's head into the pavement and the other a black thug strong arming a store clerk, stealing things and later on trying to wrestle a cop's gun away from him.

This isn't about police "brutality" despite your childish parroting of the propaganda term. It is about black people wanting to do whatever the hell the please without any repercussions.

Why do you think black people should be unique among all the diverse groups in this country in never having to accept responsibility for their criminal behavior?

Last edited:
That's a terribly slanted article.

Did the NFL really cancel televising a game? That is really shocking if true.

Not when you factor in the increase of people streaming; figures excluded from TV ratings.

Forum List

Back