🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Longer David:*The State of Israel As Goliath

[I]War crimes are such an ugly thing. We see them continue, in what at times seems to be such a cold and uncaring world. But I look at the people living under Occupation and siege in Gaza and think, there but for the grace of God go I. And I feel compassion and love for the people suffering there. I cry and I pray for them and sometimes see myself as so helpless, to really do anything. But it is those times, I wipe away those tears and I turn my face to my Jesus and I smile and I know my Prayers and the Prayers of all of us who care about the people suffering under Occupation in Palestine matter deeply and make a difference. Just as I overcome by turning to God, so can every man and womam and child in Gaza. And they can do it despite their circumstances, perhaps their circumstances are even their Blessings from God. Because in their weaknness, they see their need for God in a very special way, a way so many of us living in such priviliged conditions in the West never shall.[/I]

Anybody else for moving this thread to the 'Religion' forum?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Last edited:
[I]War crimes are such an ugly thing. We see them continue, in what at times seems to be such a cold and uncaring world. But I look at the people living under Occupation and siege in Gaza and think, there but for the grace of God go I. And I feel compassion and love for the people suffering there. I cry and I pray for them and sometimes see myself as so helpless, to really do anything. But it is those times, I wipe away those tears and I turn my face to my Jesus and I smile and I know my Prayers and the Prayers of all of us who care about the people suffering under Occupation in Palestine matter deeply and make a difference. Just as I overcome by turning to God, so can every man and womam and child in Gaza. And they can do it despite their circumstances, perhaps their circumstances are even their Blessings from God. Because in their weaknness, they see their need for God in a very special way, a way so many of us living in such priviliged conditions in the West never shall.[/I]

Anybody else for moving this thread to the 'Religion' forum?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

:thup:

More war crimes on Gaza by Palestine's Goliath!

PCHR: Gaza leukemia patients without medicine for 11 months

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Leukemia patients in the Gaza Strip have been without medicine for more than 11 months leaving them in grave danger of complications and death, according to a report released Sunday by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights."

PCHR: Gaza leukemia patients without medicine for 11 months | Maan News Agency

Last edited:
More war crimes on Gaza by Palestine's Goliath!

PCHR: Gaza leukemia patients without medicine for 11 months

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Leukemia patients in the Gaza Strip have been without medicine for more than 11 months leaving them in grave danger of complications and death, according to a report released Sunday by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights."

PCHR: Gaza leukemia patients without medicine for 11 months | Maan News Agency

what a shame-----their own bretheren deny them life saving meds

The International Red Cross in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories

"The ICRC repeatedly reminds Israel of its obligations under IHL towards the population living under occupation, through bilateral and confidential dialogue."

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

"Despite the easing of certain restrictions on imports and exports to and from the Gaza Strip, the ICRC remains concerned by the restrictions that Israel still places on the movement of people and goods in and out of the Gaza Strip, the severe hardship these cause for the local population and their impact on Gaza's economy.Health services in Gaza face chronic shortages of drugs, disposables and fuel. The unstable electricity supply endangers the lives of patients and interrupts the daily provision of care."

The ICRC in Israel and the occupied territories

An Occupier owes obligations to the civilian population when they choose to be Occupiers.

Last edited:

"The ICRC repeatedly reminds Israel of its obligations under IHL towards the population living under occupation, through bilateral and confidential dialogue."

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

"Despite the easing of certain restrictions on imports and exports to and from the Gaza Strip, the ICRC remains concerned by the restrictions that Israel still places on the movement of people and goods in and out of the Gaza Strip, the severe hardship these cause for the local population and their impact on Gaza's economy.Health services in Gaza face chronic shortages of drugs, disposables and fuel. The unstable electricity supply endangers the lives of patients and interrupts the daily provision of care."

An Occupier owes obligations to the civilian population when they choose to be Occupiers.

Sherri won't see this as I am on her ignore list, but trust Sherri to link to something two years old. There is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, everything that should go in by way of goods does. You won't see starving Gazans in the street, in fact most look very well-fed indeed. Even concrete goes in to Gaza after once being banned. Hamas stated that there is no humanitarian crisis there. Anyway - a link two years old is all the Sherri Islamist can come up with. Really scraping the barrel trying to find something to pin on Israel, but that is what we have come to expect with her hate and lies.

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

Sherri won't see this as I am on her ignore list, but trust Sherri to link to something two years old. There is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, everything that should go in by way of goods does. You won't see starving Gazans in the street, in fact most look very well-fed indeed. Even concrete goes in to Gaza after once being banned. Hamas stated that there is no humanitarian crisis there. Anyway - a link two years old is all the Sherri Islamist can come up with. Really scraping the barrel trying to find something to pin on Israel, but that is what we have come to expect with her hate and lies.

You have to understand that a Jewish nation is anathema to the Church.

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

I know plenty of Christians and even Muslims who are very supportive of a Jewish nation.

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

Sherri won't see this as I am on her ignore list, but trust Sherri to link to something two years old. There is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, everything that should go in by way of goods does. You won't see starving Gazans in the street, in fact most look very well-fed indeed. Even concrete goes in to Gaza after once being banned. Hamas stated that there
is no humanitarian crisis there. Anyway - a link two years old is all the Sherri Islamist can come up with. Really scraping the barrel trying to find something to pin on Israel, but that is what we have come to expect with her hate and lies.

A person has to be REALLY stupid----to quote something generated BY the red
cross which is stationed in Gaza-------as a kind of REAL POLITICAL COMMENT
-----in fact a person has to be stupid to quote any red cross person's
political opinion. As to RED CROSS understanding of medical matters---
nope. Clara Barton would vomit Red Cross people do a wonderful
job-------like the work that devoted orderlies in hospitals do. Then there
are people who ASSUME they know how to do brain surgery

At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is to ‘finish 48′

“We hear this cry,” said journalist Max Blumenthal at a much anticipated lecture for*Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel*at the New America Foundation (NAF) Wednesday afternoon. “Finish 48.” Blumenthal said the Israeli policy of home demolitions and evictions, that*Palestinians often call the “on-going*Nakba,” is part of a process that began in 1948 that Israel’s rightists want to finish today."

Max Blumenthal at New America Foundation on Israeli polices to 'finish 48'

There is a link in the article to Blumenthals full speech at this event.

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

Perhaps, to bigot heretics like you that may be true.

To Christians, it is not.

We know Satan controls nations, Jesus tells us that.

We are back to Satan again??? He must have sat down wih Mrs. Sherri for coffee this morning.

I wish the US would stop supporting Israel so that Israel wouldn't have anyone telling her not to nuke Gaza and Syria.
Damn the US for sucking up to Arab oil interests!

We are back to Satan again??? He must have sat down wih Mrs. Sherri for coffee this morning.

It is written in The Bible, what I wrote, a book you have obviously never read.

With the many times you have brought up Satan, one would have thought you are on a first name basis with him. I wonder when he knocks on your door each morning, you greet him with a hearty "Hi, Mr. Lucifer. Come in for a spell."

The ICRC addresses Gaza.

The siege isn't about food.

For once, Tinny is correct: the so-called 'siege' is about HAMAS and their pals lobbing rockets into Israel, tunneling under the border seeking to kidnap Israelis, and other cute l'il antics of those fine peace-loving folks........

Slater/G

Incidentally, this is an article which contains excerpts of Slater's review of the book (with permission from Slater).....It's quite interesting, I thought.

Slater/G

Incidentally, this is an article which contains excerpts of Slater's review of the book (with permission from Slater).....It's quite interesting, I thought.
I agree.

"However, Goliath is not likely to succeed in terms of its own purpose.

"For those who already have some knowledge of, and are increasingly disturbed by, the realities of Israeli policies and the U.S. collaboration with them, Blumenthal’s detailed reporting, analyses, and conclusions will be entirely convincing.

"But since that is still a small minority of American Jewish community, the problem is that Goliath is likely to end up as merely preaching to the choir.

"To be sure, that is far from pinning most of the responsibility for such an outcome simply on problems within Blumenthal’s book: the right wing in Israel and the U.S., Jewish or not, can’t be convinced by any evidence, period.

"The only hope, then, are Israeli and American centrists, who are unaware of the full truth but who are open, in principle, to reconsidering their position when the facts—powerfully presented by Goliath—are overwhelming and irrefutable.

"For several reasons, however, Goliath is not likely to have much of an impact on the mainstream centrists in America, the most importance audience for any work seeking changes in the status quo.

"Given Blumenthal’s overall argument, however justified by the facts and evidence he presents, reaching that mainstream would have been an uphill battle in any case.

"However, Blumenthal has made the hurdles even greater because of the general tone of his writing and the loaded language and even outright contempt that he occasionally indulges in—mostly not without good reason, I should add, but a serious mistake nonetheless."

Slater/G

It is written in The Bible, what I wrote, a book you have obviously never read.

With the many times you have brought up Satan, one would have thought you are on a first name basis with him. I wonder when he knocks on your door each morning, you greet him with a hearty "Hi, Mr. Lucifer. Come in for a spell."

Jesus was, He is the example for Christians to follow.

Matthew 4:8*Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.*9*“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”10*Jesus said to him,*“Away from me, Satan!*For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

Matthew 4:1-11 - Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness - Bible Gateway

Forum List

Back