NO more EC!

Its foolish of the Democrats to want to get rid of the Electoral College. I think the winning position is to enhance the requirement to become President Elect by making it to where you must both get the MAJORITY Of the EV (270+) and the PLURALITY of the popular vote. In this day and age of knowing who won the night of the election…it is crazy not to consider the popular choice of the people. It is the democratic thing to do (yes, I know we are a Republic).

And, before you start, no I’m not saying that because I thought the House would pick someone other than President Elect Trump to be POTUS… I’m saying that because I firmly feel it is the best system going forward.

And how would you decide who the winner is when one wins the popular and the other wins the EC? Leave it to the House?

Yes.

Its foolish of the Democrats to want to get rid of the Electoral College. I think the winning position is to enhance the requirement to become President Elect by making it to where you must both get the MAJORITY Of the EV (270+) and the PLURALITY of the popular vote. In this day and age of knowing who won the night of the election…it is crazy not to consider the popular choice of the people. It is the democratic thing to do (yes, I know we are a Republic).

And, before you start, no I’m not saying that because I thought the House would pick someone other than President Elect Trump to be POTUS… I’m saying that because I firmly feel it is the best system going forward.

And how would you decide who the winner is when one wins the popular and the other wins the EC? Leave it to the House?

Yes.
Our FF were smart enough to anticipate people like you.....

It's a rubbish system. It doesn't allow for democracy. Everyone wanted change a few days ago, now they want status quo. How quickly things change, huh?

"It doesn't allow for DEMOCRACY"?

Wow...the lib is strong in you. That is simply bullshit.

What it didn't allow for was a Hillary victory. If our board libs could market their sour grapes they could become rich (and probably conservatives).

As if the right hasn't spent the last 8 years crying about a black man being in the White House.
It is NOTHING like now. The shit going on now makes the haters from 08 and 12 look like they wanted to wank Obama off.

Democrats are really funny when they lose, huh? Suddenly all the rules need to be changed. I swear, they're like spoiled brats throwing obnoxious temper tantrums. I think they could all use a timeout in their Safe Spaces.

What the EC didn't allow for was a Hillary victory. If our board libs could market their sour grapes they could become rich (and probably conservatives).
As if the right hasn't spent the last 8 years crying about a black man being in the White House.
...The shit going on now makes the haters from 08 and 12 look like they wanted to wank Obama off.

They are currently too busy to waste any time in their Safe Spaces. I wonder how many of the protesters were too busy to vote but not too busy to burn the American flag:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-112538.jpg

Last edited:

We been crying about obama's policies and the wrong direction he has taken this country. Your "black" comment is nothing more than leftist bullshit. Go play your race card somewhere else.

Democrats are really funny when they lose, huh? Suddenly all the rules need to be changed. I swear, they're like spoiled brats throwing obnoxious temper tantrums. I think they could all use a timeout in their Safe Spaces.

What the EC didn't allow for was a Hillary victory. If our board libs could market their sour grapes they could become rich (and probably conservatives).
...The shit going on now makes the haters from 08 and 12 look like they wanted to wank Obama off.

They are currently too busy to waste any time in their Safe Spaces. I wonder how many of the protesters were too busy to vote but not too busy to burn the American flag:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-112538.jpg

Yeah i'd bet a couple of those numbnuts didn't even vote. Probably don't work either. Fluck em. :)

Here's an answer:

The winner of the EC College is President and the runner up is VP...

Yeah...all the right wing folks did 4 years ago is insist it was time for a civil war and splitting the union in 2.

We handled our defeats with much more calm and dignity than y'all have.

Yeah...all the right wing folks did 4 years ago is insist it was time for a civil war and splitting the union in 2.

We handled our defeats with much more calm and dignity than y'all have.
It's always sour grapes with the progressives, they just can't bear the thought that they can't control those they disagree with.

LMFAO
Just monday the big lefty rage was "Clinton is going to kick ass in the EC vote" she loses and the limp wrists want it changed
:bang3:
ATTENTION bedwetters : Almost 1/5 of the EC vote is tied up in ONE state. Dems get it EVERY time. Your candidate just fucking SUCKED. She is a liar, corrupt, goes against the leftist rhetoric of the last 3 decades and a cheater.
THINK

When the Democrats lose the popular vote to the Electoral College they call for change, and why?

Simple, a state like California can throw the election in their favor every time...

Isn't funny if you subtract the California results Trump win the popular vote but add in California and Clinton win by the smallest margin since Bush won!?!

Electoral College is perfect in many ways and if it would have given Clinton the win I would write the same damn thing!

The pop vote "margin" is still being tallied. And it's the size of just ONE medium Amer. City. It's an anomaly in the 2nd digit to the right of a decimal point. But keep fighting it out.

LMFAO
Just monday the big lefty rage was "Clinton is going to kick ass in the EC vote" she loses and the limp wrists want it changed
ATTENTION bedwetters : Almost 1/5 of the EC vote is tied up in ONE state. Dems get it EVERY time. Your candidate just fucking SUCKED. She is a liar, corrupt, goes against the leftist rhetoric of the last 3 decades and a cheater.
THINK

When the Democrats lose the popular vote to the Electoral College they call for change, and why?

Simple, a state like California can throw the election in their favor every time...

Isn't funny if you subtract the California results Trump win the popular vote but add in California and Clinton win by the smallest margin since Bush won!?!

Electoral College is perfect in many ways and if it would have given Clinton the win I would write the same damn thing!

The pop vote "margin" is still being tallied. And it's the size of just ONE medium Amer. City. It's an anomaly in the 2nd digit to the right of a decimal point. But keep fighting it out.

Johnson missed the 5% mark didn't he?

I know here in Texas he got over 3% which is strong for a Libertarian Candidate, and wonder what the future hold for the LP?

We. Are. NOT. A. Pure. Democracy.

We dont' to be.

Watch. Learn.

No one is a pure democracy. PR isn't pure democracy.

Who is "we"? Republicans who have now benefited twice in 16 years from the Electoral College system? They said the system was rigged two days ago... what happened to that? .

The system was rigged against Bernie Sanders. That's not even debatable. Trump said what he said just to put Crooked Hillary on notice that we're watching. Pretty smart tactic.

LMFAO
THINK

I know here in Texas he got over 3% which is strong for a Libertarian Candidate, and wonder what the future hold for the LP?

We did fine. Gary was unprepared for a campaign where he actually GOT the attention and the media coverage we always wished for. We were OVER 5% in about 8 or 9 states. JUST under in another 10.. Which is disappointing, but support dropped off when the whole freak show reverted to folks voting out of fear.. .

LMFAO
THINK

We did fine. Gary was unprepared for a campaign where he actually GOT the attention and the media coverage we always wished for. We were OVER 5% in about 8 or 9 states. JUST under in another 10.. Which is disappointing, but support dropped off when the whole freak show reverted to folks voting out of fear.. .
unprepared? Is that a way of saying "he didn't know WTF was going on"
"WTF is a POTUS?" ---- Johnson
:p

LMFAO
THINK

I will never understand why people vote out of fear or can not pull themselves from the mindset it is either the Republican or the Democratic choice...

I wonder will the LP bring Johnson back in 2020 if he want to run again, and if not what direction ( candidate selection ) will the LP go?

Asking for your opinion because I am interested...

LMFAO
THINK

I would still take Johnson over Clinton and Trump any day of the week no matter how many mistakes or brain farts he had...

I believe the guy would and could be a President that will limit the mistakes that many Presidents before him have done and turn the power back to the states and Congress where it belongs...

Am I being foolish and naive?

Maybe but America need to stop election people based on their fame and soundbites and elect people that will work for the people...

I would still take Johnson over Clinton and Trump any day of the week no matter how many mistakes or brain farts he had...

I believe the guy would and could be a President that will limit the mistakes that many Presidents before him have done and turn the power back to the states and Congress where it belongs...

Am I being foolish and naive?

Maybe but America need to stop election people based on their fame and soundbites and elect people that will work for the people...
I will give you that!
You know its bad when a borderline retard is the best choice lol
This election was fucked up from top to bottom

It's a rubbish system. It doesn't allow for democracy. Everyone wanted change a few days ago, now they want status quo. How quickly things change, huh?

You don't want democracy, it's apparent you want a self serving hybrid of democracy.

In a democracy there is no need for a Supreme Court. Or, at a minimum the Supreme Court would be elected, and even then, their decisions could be overturned by referendum

^^^^^ THAT'S DEMOCRACY

How do you suppose minorities and gays would fare under that system?

Yes, by all means, let's let California and NEW YORK dictate policy to the other 48 states

Anyone who wants to overturn the EC is an idiot.

LMFAO
THINK

Gary was too active in triathalon and not a couch potato watching hours of Cable TV everyday like "SOME" folks we know on USMB.. Some are do'ers.. Others are critics and couch coaches.. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back