No one can give me a rational reason why

I accept your surrender.
The only thing you accept is MC when those late night dudes drop in.

Why is speeding illegal?
Why is dumping toxic chemicals illegal?

Because doing those things presents a very real danger to innocents.

So does a firearm.
The bullet doesn't care who it injures or kills.

Do you live in a state or on an Indian reservation? Give it some thought if you’re still capable.
Ah, yes, you're going now with the failure of the Native Americans to drive the Europeans out of their lands. Obviously, they did not make the cost of occupation higher than the benefits the Europeans gained. Note, moreover, that it took the Europeans hundreds of years to conquer everything.
You’re the guy who likes his chances with his side arm against a pave low warship...and you’re talking to me about my credibility?
And now you're doubling down on the credibility-robbing tactic of attempting to make it all about me. Sad, really. And yes, I am saying that you are diminishing your own credibility by doing so.

So does a firearm.
This has nothing to do with the basic ownership of firearms.
You cannot demonstrate how the fact I own guns harms anyone.
You cannot demonstrate how the fact I own guns places anyone in a condition of clear , present and immediate danger.
As such, your "Derp!!! But wee have speed limits! Derp!!" nonsense is... nonsense.

Ah, yes, you're going now with the failure of the Native Americans to drive the Europeans out of their lands. Obviously, they did not make the cost of occupation higher than the benefits the Europeans gained. Note, moreover, that it took the Europeans hundreds of years to conquer everything.
They were an armed populous...just like you say is necessary to prevent takeover.

Yet it didn’t matter against superior firepower. You have repeatedly made the claim that it would.

"The point remains, which no one has successfully countered, that a determined populace that has access to firearms and other weaponry, can successfully defeat even a more powerful military in the long run by making the cost of occupation greater than the benefits."

They got rolled up and there wasn’t enough to inconvenience their conquerers.

Just like the Spaniards did in their part of the new world.

And now you're doubling down on the credibility-robbing tactic of attempting to make it all about me. Sad, really. And yes, I am saying that you are diminishing your own credibility by doing so.
Your pea shooter is going to be useless abasing superior firepower; Rambo movies not withstanding.

Cheers.

This has nothing to do with the basic ownership of firearms.
You cannot demonstrate how the fact I own guns harms anyone.
You cannot demonstrate how the fact I own guns places anyone in a condition of clear , present and immediate danger.
As such, your "Derp!!! But wee have speed limits! Derp!!" nonsense is... nonsense.
Why is it you decide to edit posts without indicating you've done so.

It is commonly done by using ellipsis "..." to indicate a portion, AN IRRELEVANT PORTION has been excised.
But, being the liar you are, you not only edit out the pertinent portions, you don't indicate you've changed anything.

Is your position so weak you must lie to defend it? LIAR

They were an armed populous...just like you say is necessary to prevent takeover.
What else did I say was necessary?
Yet it didn’t matter against superior firepower. You have repeatedly made the claim that it would.
Given what else that is necessary?
"The point remains, which no one has successfully countered, that a determined populace that has access to firearms and other weaponry, can successfully defeat even a more powerful military in the long run by making the cost of occupation greater than the benefits."
They can, as demonstrated repeatedly throughout history.
They got rolled up and there wasn’t enough to inconvenience their conquerers.

Just like the Spaniards did in their part of the new world.
Inconvenience? We'll leave that one right there on the pile marked, "ridiculous".
Your pea shooter is going to be useless abasing superior firepower; Rambo movies not withstanding.

Cheers.
Still flushing the credibility right on down the drain. Keep it up, you won't have any left.

Why is speeding illegal?
Why is dumping toxic chemicals illegal?

Because doing those things presents a very real danger to innocents.

So does a firearm.

Very few people believe no one should be allowed to own a firearm.
But the rationale for the belief is sound.

I believe private ownership of semi-automatic weapons and their accessories should be banned. The risk from these weapons far exceeds any potential social value.

I believe all firearms and firearms transfers should be registered and reported. This reduces the probability that a gun owner will knowingly transfer a firearm to a criminal.

I believe firearm purchases should be limited to 1 per month per adult. This will reduce the probability of illegal straw buyer purchases.

And a law abiding person by definition poses no danger to innocent persons.

Semiauto weapons have been available on the civilian market for over 100 years so you're a little late to the party.

And your opinions are noted and given the consideration they deserve. None.

No one can give me a rational reason why the average law abiding citizen should not be allowed to own firearms.

Saying that some people might commit crimes with guns is not a rational reason.

Saying that some people may kill themselves with a gun is not a rational reason
How about they're too careless with firearms (call it careless, call it laziness) which allows their guns to get lost, borrowed or stolen, and become the primary source of firearms for criminals.

No one can give me a rational reason why the average law abiding citizen should not be allowed to own firearms.

Saying that some people might commit crimes with guns is not a rational reason.

Saying that some people may kill themselves with a gun is not a rational reason
The rational reason why citizens should not be armed is the same reason it was 248 years ago.

Brutal tyrannical governments require a defenseless citizenry.

How about they're too careless with firearms (call it careless, call it laziness) which allows their guns to get lost, borrowed or stolen, and become the primary source of firearms for criminals.
Really?

The accidental death rate involving guns is extremely low considering that there are literally tens of millions of legal gun uses annually

In 2022 less than 600 people dies from an accidental firearm discharge even with tens of millions of people using guns legally for hunting, and other sports.

For any other activity that would be considered a more than stellar record

This will happen to a certain, tiny, percentage of guns, regardless what anyone does.
Its impossible to rationally conclude this fact supports a sound argument that average law abiding citizen should not be allowed to own firearms.

Forum List

Back