🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No One Has a Right to Health Care

Even prior to the ACA nobody was denied access to healthcare. If you walked into a publicly funded hospital with a stab wound or drug overdose they were required to take care of you.

And if you were unable or unwilling to pay, the hospital absorbed those costs and passed them on to everyone else.

What do you think hapoens to those who can't afford health care, but are covered under the government through Obamacare? It's the same cost shuffle game, but dressed up in a nice neat attractive package under a new name. What makes you think taxpayers are "off the hook" of funding the costs for those who can't afford it? The government hasn't done a thing to reduce cost, taxpayers are still left with the bill.

And they should appreciate it. But should they demand it as their right?
Healthcare often means life itself. It is not a constitutional right, but a moral imperative. Unless you're channeling Malthus today.

The nation's health is directly connected to our nation's safety and security. National health is a vital interest,

therefore, the federal government is wholly justified in acting to protect and improve our people's health.

This is a frighteningly fascist point of view. And I don't use that word lightly.

What do you dispute?

That citizens are the property of the state. It's the other way around.

Citizens are the state. Government of the People, by the People, for the People.

National defense is constitutional mandate. National health is vital to national defense.

Healthcare often means life itself. It is not a constitutional right, but a moral imperative. Unless you're channeling Malthus today.

The nation's health is directly connected to our nation's safety and security. National health is a vital interest,

therefore, the federal government is wholly justified in acting to protect and improve our people's health.

This is a frighteningly fascist point of view. And I don't use that word lightly.

What do you dispute?

Citizens are the state. Government of the People, by the People, for the People.

Setting aside the practical impossibility of that statement, let's assume it holds. I still stand by my statement. Citizens are not the property of "other citizens", regardless of mandate or vote.

What do you dispute?

Setting aside the practical impossibility of that statement, let's assume it holds. I still stand by my statement. Citizens are not the property of "other citizens", regardless of mandate or vote.

You're making a statement that has nothing to do with what's being talked about.

A right to healthcare would seem to improve life and pursuit of happiness. As they say "two out of three ain't bad".

Agreed.. that's why contrary to public opinion, we don't deny access to healthcare.

The welfare state compels taxpayers and producers to pay for healthcare - but socialized medicine will bankrupt the nation. I mean the US is already bankrupt t---the national debt is over 18 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion $$$$$.

So you are saying Europe is just a better place because they figured it out and pay far less for healthcare than the US...

To claim a "right" to health care, one must claim a right to be served by others.

Most normal people appreciate the fact that their mothers were "served" by the medical staff in the delivery room.

And they should appreciate it. But should they demand it as their right?

yes in some ways it can help all, but what is Obama Care is a disaster, and it wasn't the answer at all.... The insurance industry in bed with government has coned us all..

The whole idea of "rights" has been thoroughly corrupted to the point that people actually buy the notion that a right means the taxpayers must provide something.

Yup. Loads of people have grown up thinking the Govt., i.e. the taxpayers of America, owe them for food, housing and medical care.

If anyone has ever read the Constitution you won't find the word Charity in it anywhere and I doubt the FF envisioned one class of people, the taxpaying class supporting the none taxpaying or freeloader class.

The FF were pretty damned smart and its not their fault that America has loads of freeloaders who feel someone else should bankroll their lives for em.
GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

Just who do you think will be paying for that universal HC??

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.

What do you dispute?

National defense is constitutional mandate. National health is vital to national defense.
Except in the case of obamacare = legalized extortion

A right to healthcare would seem to improve life and pursuit of happiness. As they say "two out of three ain't bad".

Agreed.. that's why contrary to public opinion, we don't deny access to healthcare.

The welfare state compels taxpayers and producers to pay for healthcare - but socialized medicine will bankrupt the nation. I mean the US is already bankrupt t---the national debt is over 18 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion $$$$$.

So you are saying Europe is just a better place because they figured it out and pay far less for healthcare than the US...
. Maybe on healthcare they might be better, but who knows on the rest... Should it all be lumped together ?

Better yet make it pro choice - opt in or opt out.
Forcing everyone into the shitstorm that is obamacare is horse shit...

The whole idea of "rights" has been thoroughly corrupted to the point that people actually buy the notion that a right means the taxpayers must provide something.

Yup. Loads of people have grown up thinking the Govt., i.e. the taxpayers of America, owe them for food, housing and medical care.

If anyone has ever read the Constitution you won't find the word Charity in it anywhere and I doubt the FF envisioned one class of people, the taxpaying class supporting the none taxpaying or freeloader class.

The FF were pretty damned smart and its not their fault that America has loads of freeloaders who feel someone else should bankroll their lives for em.
GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

Just who do you think will be paying for that universal HC??

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.
. If we had a universal single payer health care system that worked for all, I would be honored and proud to know that I helped people get the best care needed for their sickness. And who is to say that if a person goes without worry to get treatment and get well, that they might become the very person who pays in later to get me the help that I may need when down and out one day due to an illness.

Last edited:

What do you dispute?

You can put any stupid name on it you want, but it's what the People want.

Even prior to the ACA nobody was denied access to healthcare. If you walked into a publicly funded hospital with a stab wound or drug overdose they were required to take care of you.

AND THAT WAS WRONG.

IN OUR CONSTITUTIONALFORM OF GOVERNMENT NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPEL TAXPAYERS AND PRODUCERS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SOMETHING.

So everyone but you should die. No need to SHOUT.

Health care is not a right. If there was this vast overall concern for the well being of others, under the perception that everyone deserves the same right to a better quality of life, then those who were among the strongest advocates wouldn't be battling to provide "exceptions to the rule" through their position on abortion. They will argue that government doesn't have the right to force their views and decisions onto others with regard on how they "choose" what's best for their lives, yet they promote a government that forces it's position of what's best for your life in obtaining health care. They insist government has no place dictating and imposing their "morality" view of life onto those who don't share in that belief, BUT on the other hand a better quality of life is somehow a "right" that our government has the responsibility to guarantee upon all those who are in need of it. Their double minded hypocrisy is why their argument lacks any credibility. If you are willing to allow for acceptions to the rule, then it's NOT a right.

What do you dispute?

. No not obamacare they didn't..

AND THAT WAS WRONG.

IN OUR CONSTITUTIONALFORM OF GOVERNMENT NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPEL TAXPAYERS AND PRODUCERS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SOMETHING.

Health care is not a right. If there was this vast overall concern for the well being of others, under the perception that everyone deserves the same right to a better quality of life, then those who were among the strongest advocates wouldn't be battling to provide "exceptions to the rule" through their position on abortion. They will argue that government doesn't have the right to force their views and decisions onto others with regard on how they "choose" what's best for their lives, yet they promote a government that forces it's position of what's best for your life in obtaining health care. They insist government has no place dictating and imposing their "morality" view of life onto those who don't share in that belief, BUT on the other hand a better quality of life is somehow a "right" that our government has the responsibility to guarantee upon all those who are in need of it. Their double minded hypocrisy is why their argument lacks any credibility. If you are willing to allow for acceptions to the rule, then it's NOT a right.

Healthcare should be a right, just as is education or owning a gun.

What do you dispute?

Their elected representatives had enough votes to implement it. That's how our government works.

If most people didn't want it they could have elected Romney in 2012 and, if you believe the GOP, it would be gone.

Better yet make it pro choice - opt in or opt out.
Forcing everyone into the shitstorm that is obamacare is horse shit...

Very few people get forced into anything. By far most people already have insurance, or they have Medicare, or they have Medicaid.
. My son & law just had to fork up 300 dollars of his tax money that he needed badly for his family because of obamacare.. He is young and they couldn't afford health insurance while in transition between his jobs.

Now I'm not sure why he didn't get obamcare or qualify for it, but other people say that obamcare is also to much of an expense, yet all depending, and the quality of the policy you get isn't worth the money.

May have to help me out on that one..

Their elected representatives had enough votes to implement it. That's how our government works.

If most people didn't want it they could have elected Romney in 2012 and, if you believe the GOP, it would be gone.
They wanted something, but it wasn't Obamacare.. You heard Nancy Pelosi when she said pass it then we all will read it.

AND THAT WAS WRONG.

Healthcare should be a right, just as is education or owning a gun.

How can healthcare be defined as a right, when there is not even an acknowledgement to the basic "right" of life for all, particularly through the liberal stance on abortion? You want to say that government has no right to impose someone's view of "morality" onto others, yet citing "morality" concerning those who are unable to care for themselves, is the liberal argument for enforcing a government health care mandate onto ALL Americans.

Forum List

Back