🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No One Has a Right to Health Care

The whole idea of "rights" has been thoroughly corrupted to the point that people actually buy the notion that a right means the taxpayers must provide something.

Yup. Loads of people have grown up thinking the Govt., i.e. the taxpayers of America, owe them for food, housing and medical care.

If anyone has ever read the Constitution you won't find the word Charity in it anywhere and I doubt the FF envisioned one class of people, the taxpaying class supporting the none taxpaying or freeloader class.

The FF were pretty damned smart and its not their fault that America has loads of freeloaders who feel someone else should bankroll their lives for em.
GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

Just who do you think will be paying for that universal HC??

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.
You pay, in taxes, every time a poor person goes the ER.

The whole idea of "rights" has been thoroughly corrupted to the point that people actually buy the notion that a right means the taxpayers must provide something.

Yup. Loads of people have grown up thinking the Govt., i.e. the taxpayers of America, owe them for food, housing and medical care.

If anyone has ever read the Constitution you won't find the word Charity in it anywhere and I doubt the FF envisioned one class of people, the taxpaying class supporting the none taxpaying or freeloader class.

The FF were pretty damned smart and its not their fault that America has loads of freeloaders who feel someone else should bankroll their lives for em.
GFY, Claudette. I am no free loader; I have worked all my life and have never taken a dime from the government even when things were really tough. And I still believe universal healthcare is the only fair and moral solution for our country.

We the taxpayer of course. We will be paying for everyone. That includes the freeloaders. People who can't or won't take care of themselves.

I've never taken a dime of taxpayer money either and have worked my whole life. Just because I have doesn't entitle me to other peoples money for healthcare or anything else for that matter.
one trip to the ER is much cheaper than weekly trips to a family doctor.
Besides, its possible that the ER trip might be their one and only.

one trip to the ER is much cheaper than weekly trips to a family doctor.
Besides, its possible that the ER trip might be their one and only.
OMG :rolleyes:

. If we had a universal single payer health care system that worked for all, I would be honored and proud to know that I helped people get the best care needed for their sickness. And who is to say that if a person goes without worry to get treatment and get well, that they might become the very person who pays in later to get me the help that I may need when down and out one day due to an illness.

That's nice. Only problem is America is full of freeloaders who take but do nothing to give back.

Oh and BTW Who in their right mind wants the Govt. in charge of HC for 300 million Americans?

A Govt. that has never done anything cheaply or well in its entire history.

A Govt. that turns everything into mounds of paperwork, regulations, red tape and long waits.

I'd rather not pay for any of it at all but the Govt. has decided that those that work need to pay for those that can't or won't take care of themselves.

. If we had a universal single payer health care system that worked for all, I would be honored and proud to know that I helped people get the best care needed for their sickness. And who is to say that if a person goes without worry to get treatment and get well, that they might become the very person who pays in later to get me the help that I may need when down and out one day due to an illness.

That's nice. Only problem is America is full of freeloaders who take but do nothing to give back.

Oh and BTW Who in their right mind wants the Govt. in charge of HC for 300 million Americans?

A Govt. that turns everything into mounds of paperwork, regulations, red tape and long waits.
That was certainly true under the last republican government under Bush, Jr.

This is a frighteningly fascist point of view. And I don't use that word lightly.

What do you dispute?

That citizens are the property of the state. It's the other way around.

Citizens are the state. Government of the People, by the People, for the People.

National defense is constitutional mandate. National health is vital to national defense.
Except in the case of obamacare = legalized extortion

You can put any stupid name on it you want, but it's what the People want.

Well, no, it's what some of the People want. The question is whether those who do should able to force their will on those who don't want it.

That was certainly true under the last republican government under Bush, Jr.

Its been true for all Govt. Dem and Rep alike.

Even prior to the ACA nobody was denied access to healthcare. If you walked into a publicly funded hospital with a stab wound or drug overdose they were required to take care of you.

AND THAT WAS WRONG.

IN OUR CONSTITUTIONALFORM OF GOVERNMENT NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPEL TAXPAYERS AND PRODUCERS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SOMETHING.

So everyone but you should die. No need to SHOUT.

Health care is not a right. If there was this vast overall concern for the well being of others, under the perception that everyone deserves the same right to a better quality of life, then those who were among the strongest advocates wouldn't be battling to provide "exceptions to the rule" through their position on abortion. They will argue that government doesn't have the right to force their views and decisions onto others with regard on how they "choose" what's best for their lives, yet they promote a government that forces it's position of what's best for your life in obtaining health care. They insist government has no place dictating and imposing their "morality" view of life onto those who don't share in that belief, BUT on the other hand a better quality of life is somehow a "right" that our government has the responsibility to guarantee upon all those who are in need of it. Their double minded hypocrisy is why their argument lacks any credibility. If you are willing to allow for acceptions to the rule, then it's NOT a right.

Healthcare should be a right, just as is education or owning a gun.
Gee, thanks, God.

I wonder if she understand the taxpayers are now supporting the exchanges or that most of the people doing this, aren't buying health insurance.

The second part of your sentence contradicts the first. Can you clarify?

Taxpayers will continue to support these folks... more to the point, people clogging up the ER's or on Medicaid aren't going to miraculously start filing tax returns and reporting that they are uninsured. They will continue to fly under the radar and do t he Medicaid thingy or go to the ER.

Huh? So taxpayers are paying the subsidies of people who don't have insurance? People on Medicaid are uninsured (Hint: Medicaid is coverage for health-related issues, i.e., insurance)? I asked you to clarify, not obfuscate.

Well, who do you think is paying it then? The health insurance fairy? Taxpayers foot the bill for everything... or, we just put it on the national credit card. Point being, the uninsured aren't paying shit.

It really isn't that hard.

Of course Americans have a right to healthcare

The alternative is......let em die

Thats what I like about you, Nutjobber. It's the constant fallacy in your posts. In this cae the fallacy of false dichotomy. The alternative to gov't provided healthcare is privately provided healthcare. Not letting them die.

If the government is paying for health care, the answer of course will be let them die. Just who will be encouraged to die is the question. Whoever the government considers non essential. The 70 year old man with a stroke will die. The 35 year old mother with three children may not.

Thats what I like about you, Nutjobber. It's the constant fallacy in your posts. In this cae the fallacy of false dichotomy. The alternative to gov't provided healthcare is privately provided healthcare. Not letting them die.
And to those who can't afford private insurance?

Let em die....right Rabbi?

The only reason you want the poor taken care of by private charity is that that will assure that you don't have to donate a nickel towards it.

Where does this end? Everyone needs:

• Food
  • Shelter
  • Water
  • Air
  • Love
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • Etc., etc.

So they have a right to all of this?

Of course not.. you leftwing nutters crack me up.

If the government is paying for health care, the answer of course will be let them die. Just who will be encouraged to die is the question. Whoever the government considers non essential. The 70 year old man with a stroke will die. The 35 year old mother with three children may not.

You think private insurance companies don't make decisions on the health procedures that will be approved for the elderly?

"People with low or moderate incomes do not get the same medical attention as those with high incomes. The poor have more sickness, but they get less medical care. People who live in rural areas do not get the same amount or quality of medical attention as those who live in our cities.

Our new Economic Bill of Rights should mean health security for all, regardless of residence, station, or race--everywhere in the United States.

We should resolve now that the health of this Nation is a national concern; that financial barriers in the way of attaining health shall be removed; that the health of all its citizens deserves the help of all the Nation."

Harry Truman 1945

Liberals have been fighting for this for 60 years or more,

coincidentally almost exactly the same amount of time conservatives have been fighting against it.

What do you dispute?

That citizens are the property of the state. It's the other way around.

Citizens are the state. Government of the People, by the People, for the People.

National defense is constitutional mandate. National health is vital to national defense.
Except in the case of obamacare = legalized extortion

You can put any stupid name on it you want, but it's what the People want.

Well, no, it's what some of the People want. The question is whether those who do should able to force their will on those who don't want it.
That, my friend, is called Democracy. Majority vote. Ya know?

Where does this end? Everyone needs:

• Food
  • Shelter
  • Water
  • Air
  • Love
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • Etc., etc.

So they have a right to all of this?

Of course not.. you leftwing nutters crack me up.

Um...most of those they do have a right to

Money can't buy you love

Forum List

Back