No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

No, facts

Being a typical arrogrant lib, you will never admit when you are wrong or that is is possible the contry does not support liberal Dems

As with reagan in 84 - libs said they did not lose

They said the country bought into slick marketing

Reagan won 49 states

no facts.... you have opinions and polls.... and you ignore the polls that paint your boy and your party in a bad light.... you cannot string twenty words together that mean anything coherent. all you are is a collection of cut and paste op ed pieces and Rush Limbaugh one liners.

and you refuse to admit or accept the fact that 57% of Americans supported the democrat's plan to fund the troops with withdrawal deadlines, and that they were pissed at Bush for vetoing it.

I never want to see any of our troops killed or innocent civilians. However, I know that if we do not keep the war on terror overseas we will fight it over here. We as Americans will not even vote to put a fence up to stop illegal person from crossing our boarders so we are wide open to all kinds of dangerous problem and keeping some of them over there protect us in some way here.

I am more worried about the lack of security in Ameica since I moved to San Diego and have seen the illegals just come and come. Please let us keep the fight out of the USA or we will have the dismay of children running for thier lives because war is on our soil.

I know no one wants to stand up and put a fence at our boarders and I cannot alone do this. But, let us keep fighting the terrorist over there until we feel that our safety if assured.

Do you really think that Al Qaeda cannot walk and chew gum at the same time?

Do you really think they don't have nineteen or twenty guys who are NOT part of that "handful of deadenders in their final throes" in Iraq (that we can't quite seem to eliminate) that might be able to.... I dunno....slip across the border with Mexico and poison the water supply of Los Angeles or San Diego?

Do you really think that fighting in Iraq is keeping America safer from terrorist attack when you yourself bemoan the lack of security at our borders. You say you live in San Diego? How many ships tie up at the docks in your city and unload containers that have NEVER been scanned for radioactive material? Don't you think that the money we are FLUSHING DOWN THE SHITTER in Iraq MIGHT be better spent in making our borders AND PORTS safer from enemy incursion?

Do you really think they don't have nineteen or twenty guys who are NOT part of that "handful of deadenders in their final throes" in Iraq (that we can't quite seem to eliminate) that might be able to.... I dunno....slip across the border with Mexico and poison the water supply of Los Angeles or San Diego?

Do you really think that fighting in Iraq is keeping America safer from terrorist attack when you yourself bemoan the lack of security at our borders. You say you live in San Diego? How many ships tie up at the docks in your city and unload containers that have NEVER been scanned for radioactive material? Don't you think that the money we are FLUSHING DOWN THE SHITTER in Iraq MIGHT be better spent in making our borders AND PORTS safer from enemy incursion?

Then why do you support surrender to them if they are there and a threat

As far as the boarders I agree Pres Bush should do more

But dems are doing worse and ready to welcome them all with open arms

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to believe that as long as we have troops in Iraq, we won't be attacked here.

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to believe that as long as we have troops in Iraq, we won't be attacked here.

IMO, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. IF in fact, the fighting in Iraq is keeping many terrorists otherwise occupied there, it stands to reason they aren't able to be there and here at the same time.

However, that does not necessarily preclude some of them breaking away to come here, nor am I convinced that those doing the fighting in Iraq are the ones who would do the attacking here.

IMO, a couple of factors have kept them from attacking again to this point. One would be limited resources. Two would be the need to outdo their last attack as anything less could be considered anticlimactic.

It sure as Hell isn't because of Homeland Security and/or that bandaid on an artery the Patriot Act.

I never want to see any of our troops killed or innocent civilians. However, I know that if we do not keep the war on terror overseas we will fight it over here. We as Americans will not even vote to put a fence up to stop illegal person from crossing our boarders so we are wide open to all kinds of dangerous problem and keeping some of them over there protect us in some way here.

I am more worried about the lack of security in Ameica since I moved to San Diego and have seen the illegals just come and come. Please let us keep the fight out of the USA or we will have the dismay of children running for thier lives because war is on our soil.

I know no one wants to stand up and put a fence at our boarders and I cannot alone do this. But, let us keep fighting the terrorist over there until we feel that our safety if assured.

What I would point out is that the "war" being fought overseas is currently between to Islamic sects for control of a patch of ground, with us sitting in the middle. Those sects may or may not have ties to the ones that attacked us, but it was not Iraqi sunnis and/or shia that attacked us on 9/11. I don't recall the exact number, but the overwhelming majority of 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian wahabbis.

The only way the correlation works is you use the premise "all Muslims are terrorists."

IMO, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. IF in fact, the fighting in Iraq is keeping many terrorists otherwise occupied there, it stands to reason they aren't able to be there and here at the same time.

However, that does not necessarily preclude some of them breaking away to come here, nor am I convinced that those doing the fighting in Iraq are the ones who would do the attacking here.

IMO, a couple of factors have kept them from attacking again to this point. One would be limited resources. Two would be the need to outdo their last attack as anything less could be considered anticlimactic.

It sure as Hell isn't because of Homeland Security and/or that bandaid on an artery the Patriot Act.
I do not believe for a moment that the numbers of Al Qaeda fighters presently in Iraq represents anything more than a small percentage of their total available human assets.

And in a point I made in another thread, I think another reason that it seems so long since they have attacked us (and thus this feeling of "security" that many Americans gain from that lengthening time frame) is that Islamic extremists do not eat fast food, or use the drive up window, or the express lane at the supermarket...or microwave their food for quick consumption. They are very patient and have a much longer view of this conflict than we do. They do not expect immediate and repetitive gratification. I don't think that anyone in AQ leadership is worried one tiny bit that it has been too long since they have attacked the USA. In any case, 150K troops in Iraq are really "low hanging fruit" for them....

so I guess, if we kept shipping planeloads of cannon fodder TO Iraq and planeloads of caskets back FROM Iraq, AQ might very well be content to kill us there for as long as we continued such an insane policy.

but the words and actions of Dems do

that is what the poll shows - and why libs are angry the poll was published

I say again: when RSR posts polls, his polls are, somehow, PROOF of something. WHen I post polls, RSR won't even acknowledge their validity or the fact that they might INDICATE something.

Let's talk polls again when you start showing me that you are willing to look at polls other than the ones YOU want to post. mmmmkay?

I say again: when RSR posts polls, his polls are, somehow, PROOF of something. WHen I post polls, RSR won't even acknowledge their validity or the fact that they might INDICATE something.

Let's talk polls again when you start showing me that you are willing to look at polls other than the ones YOU want to post. mmmmkay?

Libs have swoed their true intentions by what they say and do

The polls are reflecting how the public views those actions

They disapprove of them

Libs have swoed their true intentions by what they say and do

The polls are reflecting how the public views those actions

They disapprove of them

interesting. the polls reflect how the public views the actions of the democrats? Like when the democrats passed a funding bill that included deadlines for troop withdrawals and 57% of America supported them? IS that what you are talking about?

interesting. the polls reflect how the public views the actions of the democrats? Like when the democrats passed a funding bill that included deadlines for troop withdrawals and 57% of America supported them? IS that what you are talking about?

You must not be up on current events MM

Dems surrendered to Pres Bush on their surrender bill

You must not be up on current events MM

Dems surrendered to Pres Bush on their surrender bill

what does the fact that we did not have a veto proof majority have to do with the fact that 57% of America supported a bill that included withdrawal deadlines? How do you explain America's support for that bill that the president vetoed?

what does the fact that we did not have a veto proof majority have to do with the fact that 57% of America supported a bill that included withdrawal deadlines? How do you explain America's support for that bill that the president vetoed?

Keep making excuses - your base is not buying it either

I am not making excuses. I am waiting for you to answer a simple question.

are you ever going to do that or are you going to keep running away from answering it?

You are making excuses

Dems are running things, broke all their promises - and it is still not their fault

simple questions, RSR:

and..

how can you say that the surge is working and that American casualties have decreased because of the surge when, in fact, they have gone up every single month since the start of the surge?

answer them or for a change and quit trying to spin away from them.

simple questions, RSR:

and..

how can you say that the surge is working and that American casualties have decreased because of the surge when, in fact, they have gone up every single month since the start of the surge?

answer them or for a change and quit trying to spin away from them.

Don't explain your failurs to me - I like watching the Dems fall apart

Lecture to your base - they are one who are angry, not me

Forum List

Back