Noah's Ark is Plagiarized. Here's how we know ...

The entire freaking thing was pieced together by abunch of other fairy tails thousands of years before.

The great flood in the Tanakh and Bible is based on a Sumerian story.

So yes it was from another story passed on.

The story as found in the Bible is straight forward and rather logical. Stores tend to go from straight forward and direct and morph into corrupted nonsense except for a few minor details here and there: Example of the straight forward: 8 people, whole world covered with water, God's judgement, and building of a boat and the saving of animals.
You do know that story, as you just described it, is an impossibility on multiple levels, right?
I do not see it any more impossible than building a ship out of reinforced concrete. And that certainly has been done. I note that there were cat kinds, dog kinds, cattle, horses and more than likely a very limited number of breeds. I see no reason that given the flatness of the original planet, that much of the water erupted from inside the planet and hit the planet in the form of comets, asteroids, and possibly a collapsing ice canopy/shield around the planet that a Flood occurred. The entire event seems more than scientifically possible --- it sounds highly probable.

Last edited:

The entire freaking thing was pieced together by abunch of other fairy tails thousands of years before.

The great flood in the Tanakh and Bible is based on a Sumerian story.

So yes it was from another story passed on.

The story was likely a GOD clarified version of a worldwide oral tradition that originated at Mount Ararat.

The story as found in the Bible is straight forward and rather logical. Stores tend to go from straight forward and direct and morph into corrupted nonsense except for a few minor details here and there: Example of the straight forward: 8 people, whole world covered with water, God's judgement, and building of a boat and the saving of animals.
You do know that story, as you just described it, is an impossibility on multiple levels, right?
I do not see it any more impossible than building a ship out of reinforced concrete. And that certainly has been done. I note that there were cat kinds, dog kinds, cattle, horses and more than likely a very limited number of breeds. I see no reason that given the flatness of the original planet, that much of the water erupted from inside the planet and hit the planet in the form of comets, asteroids, and possibly a collapsing ice canopy/shield around the planet that a Flood occurred. The entire event seems more than scientifically possible --- it sounds highly probable.

were-all-gonna-die.gif

I do not see it any more impossible than building a ship out of reinforced concrete. And that certainly has been done. I note that there were cat kinds, dog kinds, cattle, horses and more than likely a very limited number of breeds. I see no reason that given the flatness of the original planet, that much of the water erupted from inside the planet and hit the planet in the form of comets, asteroids, and possibly a collapsing ice canopy/shield around the planet. The entire event seems more than scientifically possible --- it sounds highly probable.
First, as there were only "two of every kind", specifically for "repopulating" the planet, how do you suppose the animals were fed? Particularly the carnivores? Second, there is no evidence whatsoever that the earth, 6,000 years ago was "flat", and there is zero geological evidence of a global flood. Finally, there is the question of the Ark itself.

The Ark was, according to the Bible, 14 feet high, 450 feet long, and 75 feet wide, and in order for the Biblical account to be accurate, contained over 50,000 animals, 2 million insects, 7 people, a 600-year-oldman, and enough provisions for a year. Now, it may be difficult to comprehend what is wrong with this picture without a point of reference, so let's use the titanic, one of the largest ships ever built. It was 175 feet tall, 882 feet long, and 92 feet wide, and its full capacity was 3,547 people, and enough provisions for only a couple of weeks.

See the problem here?

Anybody who actually believes that Noah's Ark happened as states in the Bible is an idiot. Of course, it's a fairy tale. This is hardly news.

Anybody who actually believes that Noah's Ark happened as states in the Bible is an idiot. Of course, it's a fairy tale. This is hardly news.
That's your opinion. You can believe anything you care to. Have you ever considered that God could have miniaturized all the animals for the trip?

That's your opinion. You can believe anything you care to. Have you ever considered that God could have miniaturized all the animals for the trip?
Soo...your explanation to explain doing something scientifically impossible is...magic? Occam's Razor. Instead of creating more, and more fanciful ways to make the story work, the more rational, logical position would be that the story was just that - a story. Mythology.

OK, I'll think I will leave you to your own delusional world. :scared1:

That's not how it works.

These primitives passed down the incident orally. Things were lost, and facts were changed.

Your Creator spoke to Moses face to face.

That's why it's called revelation.

How Many Kinds of Animals?
Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

How Many Animals Were On Noah’s Ark?

Plagiarized is a little harsh don't you think? Pretty much every ancient culture, world wide, speaks of a Great Flood. Every. Single. One. My particular theory, based on evidence from Ballard, and others, is that just like now, mankind settled along rivers mouths and the coast and when the continental ice sheets began to melt the rising ocean level would have drowned most of mankinds cities and towns. Just like would happen today were a similar catastrophe to befall us.

So no, not plagiarized at all. Just more well known because it is the most complete version to have survived.

How Many Kinds of Animals?
Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

How Many Animals Were On Noah’s Ark?
You realise that your "correction" makes the story even more impossible, right? Because you are now sugge4sting that in less than 6,000 years 7.000 animals evolved into more than 8 million different species. That is simply not possible. But, hey. You go ahead with yet another impossible theory to make the first impossible theory more possible. Especially considering that, even with your correction, the ark still wouldn't have been big enough.

So, all you've done is make the story more unworkable.

Plagiarized is a little harsh don't you think? Pretty much every ancient culture, world wide, speaks of a Great Flood. Every. Single. One. My particular theory, based on evidence from Ballard, and others, is that just like now, mankind settled along rivers mouths and the coast and when the continental ice sheets began to melt the rising ocean level would have drowned most of mankinds cities and towns. Just like would happen today were a similar catastrophe to befall us.

So no, not plagiarized at all. Just more well known because it is the most complete version to have survived.

To add to this... the Chinese language which is the oldest continuous written language in the World - first written over 4,500 years ago - has an account of a flood that matches the account from Genesis. The inventors of the written language drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. Well known history and common everyday things were used to make a word so people could remember it. And the symbols used in the Chinese written language doesn't just stop with the account of the flood. It contains the entire account of Genesis. Now here is where it gets interesting. According to the symbols in the Chinese language, the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from the birthplace of civilization, Mesopotamia (modern day Iraq). The Chinese literally use symbols to describe the allegorical account of the Tower of Babel which shows that the source of the rest of their accounts came from the Middle East.

It gets better... these symbols were recorded 1500 years before Moses wrote Genesis.

The Bible is not a western book. The Bible was not written in English but in Hebrew and Greek. It’s first writers were from Egypt & Babylon (Iraq). The first five books were written by Moses, an adopted son of the king of Egypt (1400 B.C.). These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

So the Bible itself provides the answer for how the same accounts got spread throughout the world. Before the great migration, they all shared a common heritage, and these accounts were common knowledge. After the great migration, these accounts were spread to the rest of the world.

Pretty cool stuff.

I do not see it any more impossible than building a ship out of reinforced concrete. And that certainly has been done. I note that there were cat kinds, dog kinds, cattle, horses and more than likely a very limited number of breeds. I see no reason that given the flatness of the original planet, that much of the water erupted from inside the planet and hit the planet in the form of comets, asteroids, and possibly a collapsing ice canopy/shield around the planet. The entire event seems more than scientifically possible --- it sounds highly probable.
First, as there were only "two of every kind", specifically for "repopulating" the planet, how do you suppose the animals were fed? Particularly the carnivores? Second, there is no evidence whatsoever that the earth, 6,000 years ago was "flat", and there is zero geological evidence of a global flood. Finally, there is the question of the Ark itself.

The Ark was, according to the Bible, 14 feet high, 450 feet long, and 75 feet wide, and in order for the Biblical account to be accurate, contained over 50,000 animals, 2 million insects, 7 people, a 600-year-oldman, and enough provisions for a year. Now, it may be difficult to comprehend what is wrong with this picture without a point of reference, so let's use the titanic, one of the largest ships ever built. It was 175 feet tall, 882 feet long, and 92 feet wide, and its full capacity was 3,547 people, and enough provisions for only a couple of weeks.

See the problem here?
The Titanic

See the problem here?
Noah’s Ark was a massive ship, built at God’s command, that saved Noah, his family, and two of every kind of land animal from the global Flood that took place 4,350 years ago. It was 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high and easily housed the several thousand animal kinds God brought to Noah.

The Titanic had fancy staterooms, luxurious accommodations, glamorous dinning rooms, loads of the latest equipment, tons of coal, and many tremendous boilers, and a very large engine... It was not made to preserve life. It was designed to transport it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back