Noah's Ark with two of EVERY animal

No, I said there have always been floods, so it would make sense that older tales turned to myths that turned into the Noah myth. That doesn't mean the ancient populations communicated with each other. Which they did not do.
I suspect the Jews learned the ancient Sumerian myth during the Babylonian exile. It's a wonderful story. Why wouldn't they adapt it?

I suspect the Jews learned the ancient Sumerian myth during the Babylonian exile. It's a wonderful story. Why wouldn't they adapt it?
Yes, close populations. But all ancient populations? No.

Why not indeed. The were also ignorant, primitive, terrified, superstitious people.

Yes, close populations. But all ancient populations? No.

Why not indeed. The were also ignorant, primitive, terrified, superstitious people.
The earlier flood myths are found in thousands of clay tablets in Bahrain, Mesopotamia and Ras Shamra. I think about my experience in Hurricane Hugo and what that would have meant if I was living in the Bronze Age. It would have been my whole world.

The earlier flood myths are found in thousands of clay tablets in Bahrain, Mesopotamia and Ras Shamra. I think about my experience in Hurricane Hugo and what that would have meant if I was living in the Bronze Age. It would have been my whole world.
Yes. That all makes sense. Floods happen. Humans write about what they know about.

That's why Adam was made from dirt, instead of organic molecules.

That's why the mythical Ten Commandments were on stone tablets, instead of iPads.

Rubbish. Repeating that over and over and over again doesn't make it true.
It’s both true and a fact.

During the Babylonian Captivity the Hebrews were exposed the myths and legends of ancient Mesopotamia, including the Epic of Gilgamesh, where the Earth was destroyed by a great flood.

The authors of the Noah myth misappropriated the flood theme, as floods were perceived to be the most destructive force know to the Fertile Crescent civilizations.

Been there. Some of the best times of my life were in hell. So much for God being such a meanie.

It always makes me laugh when someone says that I'm going to hell when they are already in it.

Anyway, why do I feel like Adam being asked by God to name all the animals (other tribes) according to their displayed attributes?

I would call you a vagrant yellow bellied lily white cur. Not kosher.

What you would me matters not in the least, your opinion simply means nothing. Your lack of any real knowledge of scripture renders you irrelevant.

In the Bible, Genesis 6:9 - 9:17 it says:

"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

So, they put two of every species on the ark.

Like sharks, fish, jellyfish....

How on EARTH did fish, and jellyfish and sharks survive on the ark for 40 days and 40 nights?

I always wonder about your feebs who take these stories literally. How did you handle reading stuff to your kids like "The cow jumped over the moon"? It must have been terrible for them.

Out of context? LOL. You asked to see where in scripture it says that it should not be taken literally.

I posted the words of Jesus specifically demonstrating just that. Are you as blind as you are cowardly? Damn...

You are devolving into an unclean creature that crawls on its belly in full view of everyone present.

Way to go!

It is very inspiring to see the many wonderful things that believing in the absurd has done for you.

LOL, you pull a verse out of the middle of chapter and try to use it to discredit the entire Word of God. Leave it where it is and in the context in which it was delivered, scholarship demands that. You aren't very good at this.

The Lord Jesus compared his second coming to the days of Noah and the Flood. Obviously Jesus believed that there was a literal flood and used that history lesson to teach about his second coming.

Matthew 24:37-42
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Are we also to write the second coming of our Lord off as a myth? I think not. The day will come when we all will come to know that the flood of Noah was a real event and that the second coming of our Lord was a great and dreadful day.

It’s both true and a fact.

During the Babylonian Captivity the Hebrews were exposed the myths and legends of ancient Mesopotamia, including the Epic of Gilgamesh, where the Earth was destroyed by a great flood.

The authors of the Noah myth misappropriated the flood theme, as floods were perceived to be the most destructive force know to the Fertile Crescent civilizations.
lol Genesis was written long before the Babblin' Babylonians Roadshow came along, and they had no need to take anybody else's mythology for anything. So no, it's not 'both true and a fact'. But hey, you only missed by a couple thousand years or three, which is enough for a Trophy in today's History classes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back