Non Cliquity Clack Club

Meanwhile...I am very sleepy. But...I don't want to go to bed until midnight. That way, hubby gets me up at 7:30am and we are out the door 15 minutes to 8.

You're able to dress in 15 minutes? I need at least 1 hour....very slow.....I am....:)

When I was in high school I could be up, showered, dressed, have breakfast, and be at the bus stop in half an hour.

Now it takes me 3 or 4 hours to get ready to go to Walmart.

I get up, pee, brush teeth, pull on my leggings and Uggs, a tshirt, grab my coat, head out the door.

So I drag myself out of bed, hit 13 yard sales and come home with a neat black entryway shelf unit, a bissell vacuum cleaner, one book called Angelology, 3 porcelain art deco masks and one plasic kiddie swimming pool for Karma.

No treasures this time. :(

you can find some real gems at yard sales. Some of the best stuff I ever owned came from there and flea markets

how do you find all the yard sales? Small town?

Last edited:
you can find some real gems at yard sales. Some of the best stuff I ever owned came from there and flea markets

how do you find all the yard sales? Small town?

Beverly-Hillbillies.jpg

grumble grumble mumble grumble

Vent about yard sales. They think what they have is gold. Or platinum. Or so historical or antique, it is worth a fortune..and price it as such. Cluebird should be shitting on some moronic heads:
IT'S A YARD SALE! If folks wanted to go antiquing, they know where those shops are.
Oy.

Hubby and man dickering over price of some scrap metal"

Man: I want 25 bucks for that brass stuff.
Hubby: Sorry, not interested. I will give you 10.
Man: Hell, I can scrap it for more than that!
Hubby: No you can't. It is only worth 10 bucks to me cuz I MIGHT make 15 or 20...which is why I buy. To make a profit. To add to what I already have so I have more weight.
Man: Is that right? Well, I KNOW I can scrap it for 25 bucks.
Hubby: then you take it and clean it and haul it to the scrapper.
Man: It ain't worth it for this little pile.
Hubby: I will buy it for 10. Saves ya gas.
Man: I have to ask my wife.

Meanwhile....Gracie is losing her temper at his wife.

Me: How much do you want for the funky bag of jewelry?
Wife: Gee. I dunno. It has silver in there, cloisonne'...hmm...yes..silver in there.
Me: Again..how much do you want for the funky baggie of jewelry?
Wife: I had my own jewelry shop, you know!
Me: Yes, I know. And you couldn't sell it for the prices you were asking hence you now sell out of your garage every other weekend. HOW MUCH?
Wife: Gosh. I dunno. (she dumped bag on table and begins to pic thru it). There is the cloisonne'..but the other earring is missing. Cloisonne' is expensive you know.
Me: Um. No it isn't. That earring is made in Taiwan. It is pot metal. And one is missing.
Wife: but there is silver in there. See? (she holds up a brooch).
Me: that is not sterling silver. It is Pakistan silver. HOW MUCH FOR THE BAG?
Wife: well gee, I really dunno. Hmm....(she continues to pick thru it)
Me: Never mind. Keep it.
Wife: I will ask my husband.
Me: walking away.

Hubby and I get in the truck to head to the next yard sale...dealers like us are all over the place so we wanna get to the next one before they do.

Man and Wife are stil picking through her baggie of mardi gras plastic beads, 1 taiwanese cloisonne' earring, one brooch made in pakistan (silver mixed with nickel) and don't even see us drive away.

And THIS is why I don't like to go yard salin'. Morons. Idiots.
However....last year I did drag myself to one, and they were not letting anyone in. So I just ask if they have any funky jewerly cuz I tear it all apart and make sun catchers (which I do. My window is full of 'em) and the lady said yeah..a whole box. I ask "can I at least see that before you open?" and she says sure. So I peek in the box. I ask how much for the whole box (box is about 24 x 24 x 24" ) and she says 60 bucks. I calmly holler to hubby "gimmee 60 bucks". Hubby balks. I give him the evil eye, then pull a Eunice (carol burnett show), by squinting my eyes at him and hiss "gimmee sixty bucks. NOW!".
Hmm. He knows that look. Hands me 60. I hand it to lady. I then march to truck. He is waiting to dig around for more stuff. "Honey? Let's go" and he glares at me. I pull another Eunice and squint at him with the evil eye. Lightbulb goes over his head. He gets in truck and simply says "what????" while peering into the box. I smile and say "lets go before they change their mind" (cuz if I buy something and the person says 'wait!' and "I was not supposed to sell that that cheap", I always return it and get my money back. In this case..I didn't want to do that. I NEEDED that box!
So..he innocently and at the same time eagerly peeks in. Then raises his head and a big :eek: is on his face and on my face is a big :D.
We drive off. We pull over a ways down the road and both of us are bouncing in the seat. That box is full of gold rings. Yes, 14kt, 18 kt, some with diamonds, some with opals, some with rubies. Real pearls. Couple of crystal necklaces. Few gold band bracelets. All for 60 bucks. I don't remember exactly, but I think I made 500 off the whole box. And..I beat the other dealers by getting there first. :eusa_clap:

Meanwhile...I am very sleepy. But...I don't want to go to bed until midnight. That way, hubby gets me up at 7:30am and we are out the door 15 minutes to 8.

You're able to dress in 15 minutes? I need at least 1 hour....very slow.....I am....:)

When I was in high school I could be up, showered, dressed, have breakfast, and be at the bus stop in half an hour.

Now it takes me 3 or 4 hours to get ready to go to Walmart.

Yeah, but I bet you're doing last minute stuff that doesn't have anything to do with getting dressed and ready.

I remember I have to water my plants, take clothes to laundry room, etc., etc., all the while have the toothbrush in my mouth and going fast (at least I think I'm going fast)!

But, if I just concentrate on getting ready....max 1 hr....I can shower, dry my hair, put on a bit of foundation, perfume, etc., and be ready....1 hr.

Gotta, when yard salin'. Competition.

And yes..small town. But everyone comes here for the yard sales. And I mean even the valley folks...which are 2.5 hours away.

EASY recipe. Slice roast, poke apple slices in between each slice, drape half cooked bacon on top, sprinkle with 1/3 cup of brown sugar, set crockpot on high, cook 3 to 4 hours. Done.

Except I have to make the glaze dipping stuff later on. Which is also easy.

But the house sure smells good!

EASY recipe. Slice roast, poke apple slices in between each slice, drape half cooked bacon on top, sprinkle with 1/3 cup of brown sugar, set crockpot on high, cook 3 to 4 hours. Done.

Except I have to make the glaze dipping stuff later on. Which is also easy.

But the house sure smells good!

So if I bring dessert what time is dinner?

Cassata-trifle.jpg

Commercial! I LOVE The Hunt For Red October! And I so much want to go in and sniff my crock pot with the lid off but I don't dare cuz it messes up the cooking time....but if I COULD sniff it deep into my sinuses.....oh man. I'd probably get high. :lol:

Commercial! I LOVE The Hunt For Red October! And I so much want to go in and sniff my crock pot with the lid off but I don't dare cuz it messes up the cooking time....but if I COULD sniff it deep into my sinuses.....oh man. I'd probably get high. :lol:

:lmao:

Another commercial (this station sucks most of the time, but I NEED those commercials so I can get stuff done).....so I am heading in there in a few to make the glaze.

Everyone here is drooling from the smell coming from the kitchen. Even the roomies...of which they are invited to partake. :)

Forum List

Back