🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

North Carolina sets a new low

"North Carolina drains $500k from Disaster Relief Fund to defend anti-LGBT law"

A law as reprehensible as it is un-Constitutional.

That is total bullshit and you know it. Reprehensible is your worthless opinion, but I would need a link to where it is unconstitutional.

You mean like the majority party voting to do what the majority party can vote to do?
If I understand you, yes. The majority party in NC finds defeating Teh ghey the most important thing to do.

It's the majority party voting doing with money something you don't like.
Yes, I think taking money from a budget set aside to help people to be used to hurt people is wrong.

The federal government takes money every day from those that actually earned it in order to do nothing but give handouts to those that won't earn it. Any problems with that? Be consistent.
I don't have a problem paying taxes. I don't have a problem helping the unfortunate with my taxes. I have a problem taking money from a budget set up to help the unfortunate to be used to hurt people.

The money is to be used to protect people from sexual predators.

Well, you have the right to be ignorant and wrong. You have that right. You can stay that way for as long as you like.

Sad, the older generation, is not more ignorant and foolish, than the younger. Age and wisdom are no longer correlated.
Andy, I am sure that you are well intentioned but I find your solution to the problem to be not practical.

Kids are going to do it as they have done since the dawn of time. The best we can do is educate them and give them the tools to protect themselves.

JUST SAY NO - will lead to more pregnancies and more broken lives.

Can you guarantee out of a group of 100 practicing what you support none will get pregnant/get someone pregnant?

I can guarantee out of a group of 100 practicing abstinence that none will get pregnant/get someone pregnant.
FFS - How will you ensure that they will practise abstinence ?

If they practice it. We're assuming that your 100 follows your plan, and our 100 follows our plan.

Can you ensure that all 100 will practice your plan? IF so, why does HIV even exist anymore? Clearly.... they not followin yours plan. Right?

Hypocrite. Stop judging the views of others, with a different standard than the one you use for your own views.

Despite Tommy's claim that safe sex education is the way to go and works, the numbers say otherwise. Cases of syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are significantly rising. The increase is prevalent, wait for it, among younger people, the ones Tommy says all the education has been done for over the recent years. Sex education has been part of the Health an PE curriculum in the school district where I live for over 20 years. That means many in the age group with the largest number of cases of gonorrhea and chlamydia weren't born when what Tommy says will work was being taught.

So much for his claim. Tells me that people aren't using what he says will work.

Ironically, sex education really started hitting hard in the late 1970s, and early 1980s. That generation is now heading into their retirement years.

Sexually transmitted disease rates rise among elderly: Why?

According to CDC estimates, there were almost 900 cases of syphilis in 45 to 64-year-olds in 2000, and in 2010, the number grew to more than 2,500. In the elderly age group, 6,700 people were diagnosed with chlamydia in 2000; by 2010? 19,000. The number of new HIV diagnoses in people over 50 has also doubled between 2000 and 2009, according to the editorial's authors.

The idiotic generation of Tommy, is now the fastest growing STD rates..... the elderly.

We're now having to worry about Grandma and Grampa, getting HIV, because all these senior citizens in retirement villages are shacking up, practicing what they were taught in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Get a clue Tommy. If your system worked, none of this would be happening.

Andy, I am sure that you are well intentioned but I find your solution to the problem to be not practical.

Kids are going to do it as they have done since the dawn of time. The best we can do is educate them and give them the tools to protect themselves.

JUST SAY NO - will lead to more pregnancies and more broken lives.

Can you guarantee out of a group of 100 practicing what you support none will get pregnant/get someone pregnant?

I can guarantee out of a group of 100 practicing abstinence that none will get pregnant/get someone pregnant.
FFS - How will you ensure that they will practise abstinence ?

If they practice it. We're assuming that your 100 follows your plan, and our 100 follows our plan.

Can you ensure that all 100 will practice your plan? IF so, why does HIV even exist anymore? Clearly.... they not followin yours plan. Right?

Hypocrite. Stop judging the views of others, with a different standard than the one you use for your own views.

Despite Tommy's claim that safe sex education is the way to go and works, the numbers say otherwise. Cases of syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are significantly rising. The increase is prevalent, wait for it, among younger people, the ones Tommy says all the education has been done for over the recent years. Sex education has been part of the Health an PE curriculum in the school district where I live for over 20 years. That means many in the age group with the largest number of cases of gonorrhea and chlamydia weren't born when what Tommy says will work was being taught.

So much for his claim. Tells me that people aren't using what he says will work.

Ironically, sex education really started hitting hard in the late 1970s, and early 1980s. That generation is now heading into their retirement years.

Sexually transmitted disease rates rise among elderly: Why?

According to CDC estimates, there were almost 900 cases of syphilis in 45 to 64-year-olds in 2000, and in 2010, the number grew to more than 2,500. In the elderly age group, 6,700 people were diagnosed with chlamydia in 2000; by 2010? 19,000. The number of new HIV diagnoses in people over 50 has also doubled between 2000 and 2009, according to the editorial's authors.

The idiotic generation of Tommy, is now the fastest growing STD rates..... the elderly.

We're now having to worry about Grandma and Grampa, getting HIV, because all these senior citizens in retirement villages are shacking up, practicing what they were taught in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Get a clue Tommy. If your system worked, none of this would be happening.

Seems what Tommy supports if failing.

While I won't say abstinence only sex education is perfect and people receiving it still get pregnant, etc., they're getting pregnant, etc. because they chose not to follow it, not because what it teaches isn't working. There's a difference between someone not following what the program teaches and people using it and the result being the same. Abstinence only material works 100% of the time when followed. What Tommy proposes doesn't in all cases even when followed.

https://thinkprogress.org/north-carolina-supreme-court-33e0873acb30#.gvxrwda6z

I think people need to get used to the idea, democracy in the United States is slowly dying. North Carolina voters elected a 'liberal' majority to the state Supreme Court. The legislature there is responding by making two more seats on the Supreme Court to allow their Republican governor to appoint two state Supreme Court justices and keep a conservative majority on the court. Republicans have done this in three other states the past few years for the same reason. To nullify voters.

At the moment any faction in a government gains power and decides they will not relinquish power even by votes, democracy is on the way out. The Republicans in Congress did the same by denying the current President his Supreme Court appointment with a year left in office.

We have to just accept Republicans are done with American democracy now. The rest of us need to dissolve the union and let the red states go off into their religious Caliphate. These people are not Americans and that sounds rather right-wingish but it is true. They aren't Americans anymore. They have reached the critical mass that they will do anything to hold power.

Civil war is on the way if the union isn't dissolved instead.

I think people need to get used to the idea, democracy in the United States is slowly dying. North Carolina voters elected a 'liberal' majority to the state Supreme Court. The legislature there is responding by making two more seats on the Supreme Court to allow their Republican governor to appoint two state Supreme Court justices and keep a conservative majority on the court. Republicans have done this in three other states the past few years for the same reason. To nullify voters.

At the moment any faction in a government gains power and decides they will not relinquish power even by votes, democracy is on the way out. The Republicans in Congress did the same by denying the current President his Supreme Court appointment with a year left in office.

We have to just accept Republicans are done with American democracy now. The rest of us need to dissolve the union and let the red states go off into their religious Caliphate. These people are not Americans and that sounds rather right-wingish but it is true. They aren't Americans anymore. They have reached the critical mass that they will do anything to hold power.

Wow - Banana Republics are open mouthed in admiration.

Enforcing male and female restrooms is oppression! Who would have thought?

This is a movement with all Republicans across the nation in the last five years. They have been busy in states they control the state legislatures setting about voter suppression while judges have slowly been striking these laws down one by one. But there are so many so quicky that over 800 polling places have been closed in the last five years in poor areas and where people of color vote.

Republicans have given up on American democracy. That they have so gleefully aligned with Putin should also be a sign.

The United States isn't a democracy.

The word doesn't even exist in any founding documents.

Just saying.

Perhaps enabling LGBT's is a disaster. Perhaps LGBT's are an superfluous artificial group taking away focus and legitimate funding from other real causes. Look at it THAT way.
Many gays are Republicans and largely conservative in their economic views and libertarian in their social views. Log Cabin Republicans is a conservative LGBT group and very popular. I have friends who are members. The reason the GOP is expanding is precisely because we are the Big Tent. We need to stop pushing people out who believe in freedom and personal responsibility like we do.

This is a movement with all Republicans across the nation in the last five years. They have been busy in states they control the state legislatures setting about voter suppression while judges have slowly been striking these laws down one by one. But there are so many so quicky that over 800 polling places have been closed in the last five years in poor areas and where people of color vote.

Republicans have given up on American democracy. That they have so gleefully aligned with Putin should also be a sign.
Their equivalents in the UK are doing the same by changing the boundaries on constituencies, Its a dirty game.

nc has now had a major hurricane in the east and fires in the west.......also the gop is plotting to add members to the court as the gop fucked up and voted for the black dude lol...and are whining about it now

The United States isn't a democracy.

The word doesn't even exist in any founding documents.

Just saying.

Their equivalents in the UK are doing the same by changing the boundaries on constituencies, Its a dirty game.
Only when the other party does it. You're just peachy when it's yours.

Forum List

Back