Not another Confederate statue will come down in Tennessee!

Biblical charcter David...thats who you feel is relvant ot this? WTF?

It's a statue isn't it by the great michalango, according to you guys you want to rip it down because it's not history..

source.com-min.gif

No dummy, no one said anything about non-historic peices of art.
It is historic ...some sculpture made it years ago..hence the term historic..

If some tard wants to put up a sculpture of Hitler today it wouldn't be historic now would it?

The history of the actual metal piece that is the statue? Who gives a fuck?

Implication of honering treason and slavery carries far more weight.

It's not honering slavey.. their is a statue of Benjamin Franklin in great Britain, didn't he commit treason also Thomas Paine

American Historical Sites in England

For fucks sakes, Benjamin Franklin helped pen these words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

You may recognize them

You are spinning it, the confederacy was part of our history if you like it or not and some people still honor them trying to fight for a new country..and don't give me that bull that blacks would still be slaves today, technology made them obsolete.

...so then statues for Nazis are cool by you...right? After all Nazis "were part of [German] history if you like it or not and some people still honor them trying to fight for a new [Arian] country.

If their was a statue of one of the greatest generals in history the desert fox , I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Erwin Rommel was implicated in an effort to remove Hitler.

Erwin Rommel - Wikipedia

And? He was a nazi..but LIKE I said one of the greatest generals in history.

And he is CLEARLY not a good example of a Nazi. He was not a member of the Nazi Party.

Huh? Since when, more revisionist history..

Ok if you want to play that game general lee was not part of the confederacy, he was a liberal, president Lincoln asked him to lead the union army but he declined ..

So why do you guys want to take statues of him down?

The Civil War 150th Blog: Lincoln Offers Lee the Command

One hundred fifty years ago today, Col. Robert E. Lee was offered the command of the United States army. Lee was a military officer who had attended West Point and had fought with distinction in the Mexican American War. He was one of the higher ranking soldiers in the U.S. Army at the time of secession, and had served for a time as Superintendent of West Point. Winfield Scott, the highest ranking American general and military hero, told Lincoln that he wished Lee to command of the army. He was appointed as Colonel on March 28th, and ignored a Confederate offer of command.

But after the attack on Fort Sumter and Lincoln's call for 75,000 men, Virginia, Lee's home state, seceded. Lincoln appointed him Major General and offered him the command of the army. Lee however turned it down. After he made his decision, Winfield Scott said, “Lee, you have made the greatest mistake of your life...”

It's a statue isn't it by the great michalango, according to you guys you want to rip it down because it's not history..

source.com-min.gif

If some tard wants to put up a sculpture of Hitler today it wouldn't be historic now would it?

It's not honering slavey.. their is a statue of Benjamin Franklin in great Britain, didn't he commit treason also Thomas Paine

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

You may recognize them

Spin some more, admit he committed treason..of course he did..

only idiots think a statue is history.
Only idiots think that tearing down statutes will make things right.

You know who else tears down statutes?

The Taliban...or as Obama would say.....The Tallybon.

Terrorists tear down statutes.

Why are there no Nazi statues in Germany then?

Because you give statues to people who DESERVED IT, duh.

We SHOULD NOT have to bring down these statues...because they should never have been put up. But salvaging southern pride during reconstruction was higher priority than reflecting on treason in the name of perpetuation of slavery.
What part of 'terrorists; didn't you understand?

Stupidity thinks erasing history will improve the future.

Statues are not history.

They are made to HONOR and commemorate - we should do niether for the Confederate cause, just as we should not honor or commemorate Nazi cause.

Another one that is uneducated...

Educate me - should Nazi statues be put up for "historic" reasons?

Why are you talking about Nazis when we are talking about statues? Haven't you tards ever gone to a musuem??

Because it clearly illustrates the point that people fighting for deeply immoral causes do not desrve statues, do not deserve the honor.
Who says they are symbols of honor?

Besides, you cannot equate what Nazi Germany (a leftist ideology) with a people who were fighting for their way of life, regardless of how wrong that way of life was.

source.com-min.gif

You may recognize them
Not on point, is it? The south were fighting for their economy and the right to expand westward. It all hinged upon a balance in the Senate.

But if you knew your history, instead of the talking points of the left, you'd know that the Civil War was so much more than slavery.

...so then statues for Nazis are cool by you...right? After all Nazis "were part of [German] history if you like it or not and some people still honor them trying to fight for a new [Arian] country.

If their was a statue of one of the greatest generals in history the desert fox , I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Erwin Rommel - Wikipedia

And he is CLEARLY not a good example of a Nazi. He was not a member of the Nazi Party.

Ok if you want to play that game general lee was not part of the confederacy, he was a liberal, president Lincoln asked him to lead the union army but he declined ..

One hundred fifty years ago today, Col. Robert E. Lee was offered the command of the United States army. Lee was a military officer who had attended West Point and had fought with distinction in the Mexican American War. He was one of the higher ranking soldiers in the U.S. Army at the time of secession, and had served for a time as Superintendent of West Point. Winfield Scott, the highest ranking American general and military hero, told Lincoln that he wished Lee to command of the army. He was appointed as Colonel on March 28th, and ignored a Confederate offer of command.

But after the attack on Fort Sumter and Lincoln's call for 75,000 men, Virginia, Lee's home state, seceded. Lincoln appointed him Major General and offered him the command of the army. Lee however turned it down. After he made his decision, Winfield Scott said, “Lee, you have made the greatest mistake of your life...”

You'd have a point if Lee was against slavery, but he fully condoned the institution of slavery, owned slaves himself and viewed it as a hardship primarily on THE WHITES.

There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

We SHOULD NOT have to bring down these statues...because they should never have been put up. But salvaging southern pride during reconstruction was higher priority than reflecting on treason in the name of perpetuation of slavery.

idiocy

Erwin Rommel - Wikipedia

Lee condoned the institution of slavery, owned slaves himself and viewed it as a hardship primarily on THE WHITES.

There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things

Wow didn't know he said this..so was he right or wrong, from your point of view?

Remember blacks were kidnapping other blacks into slavery in Africa at the time .

Statues are not history.

They are made to HONOR and commemorate - we should do niether for the Confederate cause, just as we should not honor or commemorate Nazi cause.

Why are you talking about Nazis when we are talking about statues? Haven't you tards ever gone to a musuem??

Because it clearly illustrates the point that people fighting for deeply immoral causes do not desrve statues, do not deserve the honor.

Umm everyone.

If you got a statue that showed you in good standing, I bet you'd be proud.

idiocy
yes, but I do hope that someday you will come to your senses. Not too likely though.

Erwin Rommel - Wikipedia

Lee condoned the institution of slavery, owned slaves himself and viewed it as a hardship primarily on THE WHITES.

The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things

Wow didn't know he said this..so was he right or wrong, from your point of view?

Remember blacks were kidnapping other blacks into slavery in Africa at the time .

Salvery does not prepare a race for any better things. (you didn't know that?)

That's just something racists would say.

Umm everyone.

I just crack up when people like you THINK they understand what others believe. You don't even know what YOU believe. You just spew what talking points you are given.

Huh ? So a black would of became president of the United states, a supreme court judge, a billionaire like oprah, could they have done it in africa?

Umm everyone.

I just crack up when people like you THINK they understand what others believe. You don't even know what YOU believe. You just spew what talking points you are given.

So you would not be proud if people erected a statue of you?

Is that what you are saying, REALLY? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Huh ? So a black would of became president of the United states, a supreme court judge, a billionaire like oprah, could they have done it in africa?

Thats a dumbass thing to say.

Slavery is immoral and abhorent, FULL STOP. No further rationalizations are needed for those that are clear on that simple, non-negotiable point.

Umm everyone.

So you would not be proud of a statue of you?

REALLY? :rolleyes:
Let Me ask you a serious question, because I'd be interested in your head exploding.

If Statues are NOT history, then why tear them down?

Please don't use the tired talking point that people are offended by their presence.

If there is no harm in tearing them down, there is none in leaving them to stand.

So, it begs this question. Who are you (unless you live there) to tell those people what statues they can and cannot have?

Thats a dumbass thing to say.

Slavery is immoral and abhorent, FULL STOP. No further rationalizations are needed for those that are clear on that simple, non-negotiable point.

Once again that was the attitude of the day , you can't compare the year 2018 with the 1700s ..

Owning a slave is like owning a smart phone today, every one had one .

Umm everyone.

Let Me ask you a serious question, because I'd be interested in your head exploding.

Dummy, my head is not going to be exploding, sorry to disapoint.

Umm everyone.

I askipped the rest because my head is not exploding and you wasted your time.
I see. I'd point while I'm laughing, but I don't think you'd see it.

Forum List

Back