Not another Confederate statue will come down in Tennessee!

Lee condoned the institution of slavery, owned slaves himself and viewed it as a hardship primarily on THE WHITES.

There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things

Wow didn't know he said this..so was he right or wrong, from your point of view?

Remember blacks were kidnapping other blacks into slavery in Africa at the time .

Salvery does not prepare a race for any better things. (you didn't know that?)

That's just something racists would say.

Huh ? So a black would of became president of the United states, a supreme court judge, a billionaire like oprah, could they have done it in africa?

Thats a dumbass thing to say.

Slavery is immoral and abhorent, FULL STOP. No further rationalizations are needed for those that are clear on that simple, non-negotiable point.

Once again that was the attitude of the day , you can't compare the year 2018 with the 1700s ..

Owning a slave is like owning a smart phone today, every one had one .

Yes I can. TODAY we can find those views immoral and refuse to honor them.

Lee condoned the institution of slavery, owned slaves himself and viewed it as a hardship primarily on THE WHITES.

There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things

Wow didn't know he said this..so was he right or wrong, from your point of view?

Remember blacks were kidnapping other blacks into slavery in Africa at the time .

Huh ? So a black would of became president of the United states, a supreme court judge, a billionaire like oprah, could they have done it in africa?

Slavery is immoral and abhorent, FULL STOP. No further rationalizations are needed for those that are clear on that simple, non-negotiable point.

Once again that was the attitude of the day , you can't compare the year 2018 with the 1700s ..

Maybe one day in the future people will be aghast that we used to chain up dogs

That's erasing history.. hey we can't grow if we refuse to ignore the past, history does repeat itself .

Yep, because if you squint some blacks are sorta like dogs, and god dammit, this will lead to us one day to intolerance of statues for treasonous dog chainers. :rolleyes:

This just reminded me perfectly legal, but sick as hell....

vPWVOcAxjtWQZxR-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Yep, because if you squint some blacks are sorta like dogs, and god dammit, this will lead to us one day not tolerating statues for treasonous dog chainers. :rolleyes:

Uhm what if future scientist figured away to communicate with dogs ? More then we do so now.

Yep, because if you squint some blacks are sorta like dogs, and god dammit, this will lead to us one day to intolerance of statues for treasonous dog chainers. :rolleyes:

What about robots?

That's erasing history.. hey we can't grow if we refuse to ignore the past, history does repeat itself .

No it's not, this history is VERY WELL documented. By statues least of all.

It's erasing it from public view , hidden and revised ..

Nonsence, this history is now a few clicks away from anywhere in the world. It is more accessible than ever.

Welcome to the future.

Don't agree? Fine. Put up a statue for Lincoln.

Nonsence, this history is now a few clicks away from anywhere in the world. It is more accessible than ever.

Welcome to the future.

Don't agree? Fine. Put up a statue for Lincoln.

Nonsense my butt it's more hidden then ever, people cherry pick their news and information, with the internet

In the old days we had newspapers like the Chicago Tribune and Sun-Times a 100 pages long every day, now it's like ( I assume 20 pages) ..

If you were bored you read every page, with the net you can skip everything and read what you want to read to pass the time .

Memorials to a nation's detractors, those who fought against it, are rare in any culture and time. Why would America be so different? Preserving the history, teaching that a group tried to destroy the U.S., is history. Glorifying those individuals with statues is anti-history, a gross distortion of fact and the sense of 'glory'.

They want all the historical relics removed so that we would forget...

forget that they are the slave masters in disguise. The ones who overwhelmingly voted against ending slavery when we took their slaves.

Statues don't teach history, they celebrate it. Take them all down tonight and the history will be there just fine, in the schools and libraries and museums.

A statue in the town square is a commemoration, a statement that this is the person we want to emulate, and wants our kids to idolize. I think we as a people have moved beyond wanting our kids growing up wanting to be just like Nathan Bedford Forrest.
How about Robert E. Lee? Nathan Bedford Forrest was a better man than Abraham Lincoln.
Regardless of his 'Southern Gentleman' persona, Lee still took up arms against the United States in order to defend the institution of slavery. Personally, I don't particularly want that glorified in my town square.

Also, your second sentence is, to say the least, a minority opinion.
He took up arms to defend Viriginia against Northern aggression. I well realize how well the government has brainwashed all the dupes.

Bigotry put into law, by bigots.

There that makes it all better.
Stupidity thinks erasing history will improve the future.

Statues are not history. They are made to HONOR and we should not honor the Confederate cause, just as we should not honor Nazi cause.

They are made to HONOR GREAT EVENTS...dumbass.

Confederates have nothing to be honored for. They fought to perpetuate slavery by succession from the Union. From historic perspective their cause was a disgrace.
They fought to defend their country from foriegn invasion. It's actually the Union that was a disgrace. Lincoln became a dictator to prosecute the war of Northern agression.

So this is not history either? God damn I bitch about art majors but you guys are dumber then them..

View attachment 196276

Biblical charcter David...thats who you feel is relvant ot this? WTF?

It's a statue isn't it by the great michalango, according to you guys you want to rip it down because it's not history..

source.com-min.gif

No dummy, no one said anything about non-historic peices of art.
It is historic ...some sculpture made it years ago..hence the term historic..

If some tard wants to put up a sculpture of Hitler today it wouldn't be historic now would it?

The history of the actual metal piece that is the statue? Who gives a fuck?

Implication of honering treason and slavery carries far more weight.
They aren't guilty of treason, dumb fuck. Slavery exised far longer under the American flag than under the Confederate flag.

Forum List

Back