🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

Considering that white males are the fastest shrinking group and this is what the map looks like if only millenials voted i would say no

YTNiZTk0MjdmMCMvcHdidDV2dEhNOUZxNzRiSkJnQWRwN09KU0tBPS8xNngxMjo3Nzh4NTU4LzYyMXg0NDUvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3Vhb3Y3aXJlaGIyNGk0dnI5c25lMGM2Y2l3dWR1b201cXJsbXlicGZsNTE0cWJ0Y3Bmc21ocG5pM2hmcjRqbWYuanBn.jpg

In your dreams -- Squidward.
do you have sources that say different or are you just covering your ears and singing lalala?

Nope. Had a dining room of millenials from Vanderbilt the night after the election. All working their 1st jobs in NeuroScience. They were mocking the fuck out of your 2 party system. And if the ONLY choices on the ballot were Clinton and Trump -- the turnout for your Sesame Street election would be about 12%.

However -- you put ALTERNATE choices on that ballot that speaks INTELLIGENTLY to them and does not pander and divide them -- you'd get a REAL turnout.

And EVEN WITH the 2 damnable choices on the ballot -- You're not gonna EVER get millenials in Red States to vote for an aging corrupt hippy who LIKES bombing 3 Arab countries a year and takes $250,000 in speaking fees from the financial companies and has 2 different public and "private" messages.

You're deluded about millenials. They are far SMARTER and more cynical than Reince Priebus or Donna Brazille.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
Remember, the GOP controlled the entire Government when Bush became president. And we had 8 terrible years of disaster. Obama fixed a lot of the GOP's disasters even with them blocking everything they could even wanting Obama to fail from the beginning.

The GOP will be even a worse disaster under Trump. With all the racism, the GOP got really excited and voted in record numbers. But it can't be sustained. Especially with what they want to do now. They will really damage the US.
Maybe, maybe not. Trump doesn't owe the republican establishment anything. He got elected despite their efforts. Some of the things he wants to do are at loggerheads with what the establishment wants to do - like congressional term limits. Since he owes nothing to the republican establishment, he may be willing to deal with democrats over items of mutual interest. We'll see.

Considering that white males are the fastest shrinking group and this is what the map looks like if only millenials voted i would say no

YTNiZTk0MjdmMCMvcHdidDV2dEhNOUZxNzRiSkJnQWRwN09KU0tBPS8xNngxMjo3Nzh4NTU4LzYyMXg0NDUvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3Vhb3Y3aXJlaGIyNGk0dnI5c25lMGM2Y2l3dWR1b201cXJsbXlicGZsNTE0cWJ0Y3Bmc21ocG5pM2hmcjRqbWYuanBn.jpg

do you have sources that say different or are you just covering your ears and singing lalala?

That map might make you feel encouraged, but it doesn't provide the big picture. Pollsters were clever in the intentional oversampling of registered dems by roughly 10% over reps and inds, but it set your side up for incredible disappointment. If they'd been more honest, which would have risked their agenda, then it still would have stung but without the utter shock in the outcome.
I know obviousy trump got more than 23 electoral votes
ba4d408d19e3.png

He got 32
https://www.inverse.com/article/23514-only-millennials-voted-electoral-map-fake-poll

Democrats seem to always assume voting blocs never change...but of course they always do.

Weird comment, since a plethora -- a plethora I tell you ---- of posters on this site post as if they thing political parties never change. I see it literally every day. And they're usually Republicans who fantasize that 150 years ago they would still have been Republicans because it's spelled the same way. :rofl:

Of course voting blocs change, and parties change with/for them.

I cannot tell you how many Democrat supporters have told me about the "Blue Wall" and claiming blacks and hispanics will never change how the vote. Yes it's stupid...but many actually believe that.

Second time today I've heard this "Blue Wall" thing. I don't know what that is.

That one got thrown in my face about 50 times over the last year. :lol: Please see my sig for ignorance from the usual suspects. This is the definition if your interested. Trump blew up the blue wall....or at least a lot of it.

Blue wall (politics) - Wikipedia

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
Remember, the GOP controlled the entire Government when Bush became president. And we had 8 terrible years of disaster. Obama fixed a lot of the GOP's disasters even with them blocking everything they could even wanting Obama to fail from the beginning.

The GOP will be even a worse disaster under Trump. With all the racism, the GOP got really excited and voted in record numbers. But it can't be sustained. Especially with what they want to do now. They will really damage the US.
Maybe, maybe not. Trump doesn't owe the republican establishment anything. He got elected despite their efforts. Some of the things he wants to do are at loggerheads with what the establishment wants to do - like congressional term limits. Since he owes nothing to the republican establishment, he may be willing to deal with democrats over items of mutual interest. We'll see.

Zackly, that's my parallel question about the Republic [sic] party. Clearly Rump's not a Republic, yet he's top of the ticket. And he's got opposition from both parties awaiting. All of which begs: wither the Republic Party?

Barack Obama created a false impression upon Democrat supporters in my opinion.

What impression might that have been?

The Obama coalition will always be there for one. :lol: And I am not blaming Obama.....I am blaming ignorant people who waved the Democrat flag.

When or how did he say that? And what is this "coalition"? Coalition of who?

Google is your friend. Do not die in ignorance. Google "Obama Coalition" and all will be revealed. :D

Democrats seem to always assume voting blocs never change...but of course they always do.

Weird comment, since a plethora -- a plethora I tell you ---- of posters on this site post as if they thing political parties never change. I see it literally every day. And they're usually Republicans who fantasize that 150 years ago they would still have been Republicans because it's spelled the same way. :rofl:

Of course voting blocs change, and parties change with/for them.

I cannot tell you how many Democrat supporters have told me about the "Blue Wall" and claiming blacks and hispanics will never change how the vote. Yes it's stupid...but many actually believe that.

Second time today I've heard this "Blue Wall" thing. I don't know what that is.

That one got thrown in my face about 50 times over the last year. :lol: Please see my sig for ignorance from the usual suspects. This is the definition if your interested. Trump blew up the blue wall....or at least a lot of it.

Blue wall (politics) - Wikipedia

A blogger's term of questionable facility, it would seem.

From the link:
>> The Blue Wall was a Democratic demographic lock on the Electoral College resulting from the GOP's narrowing focus on the interests of white, rural, and Southern voters. <<​

Some "lock", since it failed in two of the last five POTUS elections even though both candies won the pop vote.

The electoral college is a disaster to democracy.
I didn't say that --- Rump said that. And he's right. But that's another topic.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
Honest question in return: were you born yesterday?

This has happened many times in the past.

Most recently it happened right after Bill Clinton's impeachment trial, when W. Bush was elected and the Congress went GOP. That's when W was able to pass his sweeping tax cuts for the rich and for corporations creating a huge skyrocketing deficit. He also destabilized the entire Middle East in Iraq and in Syria and Iran.

W fokked up so bad that it allowed BHO to subsequently win election and gain a completely DEM Congress, which he then used to pass Hillary-Care and rename it Obama-Care.

The same thing happened to the GOP after Nixon resigned, and then Carter was elected after Ford's brief interim presidency, at which time Carter also got a completely DEM Congress to go along with it. Carter however accomplished nothing since he was a Washington DC Outsider from Georgia.

Trump is also a Washington DC Outsider. And he is not really a Republican. He hijacked the GOP during the primaries and used it get himself elected.

We will need to see if Trump is more like Carter or more like Reagan. Reagan was also a Washington DC Outsider.

Sometimes the Outsiders are good, sometimes they are incompetent.

We shall see.

Barack Obama created a false impression upon Democrat supporters in my opinion.

What impression might that have been?

The Obama coalition will always be there for one. :lol: And I am not blaming Obama.....I am blaming ignorant people who waved the Democrat flag.

When or how did he say that? And what is this "coalition"? Coalition of who?

Google is your friend. Do not die in ignorance. Google "Obama Coalition" and all will be revealed. :D

OK well if you can't define your own term I'll just go ahead and ignore the whole post. That'll be great.

Nope. Had a dining room of millenials from Vanderbilt the night after the election. All working their 1st jobs in NeuroScience. They were mocking the fuck out of your 2 party system. And if the ONLY choices on the ballot were Clinton and Trump -- the turnout for your Sesame Street election would be about 12%.

However -- you put ALTERNATE choices on that ballot that speaks INTELLIGENTLY to them and does not pander and divide them -- you'd get a REAL turnout.

And EVEN WITH the 2 damnable choices on the ballot -- You're not gonna EVER get millenials in Red States to vote for an aging corrupt hippy who LIKES bombing 3 Arab countries a year and takes $250,000 in speaking fees from the financial companies and has 2 different public and "private" messages.

You're deluded about millenials. They are far SMARTER and more cynical than Reince Priebus or Donna Brazille.

what are you talking about? did you see the map? you libertarians and your silly conspiracy theories thankfully you will all shut the hell up about emails for awhile.....

....what do you have in store for trump?

As I said in another thread,,,, next Sen face off in two yrs may finish them off......will be wandering in the wilderness for yrs.....

The electoral votes just means that Trump won states that have more electoral representatives than Hillary did. Face it, Hillary was a terrible candidate, most people hate her and she is untrustworthy and a career politician.

I've been listening to NPR and other liberal radio outlets since the election. They seem to half-way get the problem.

When people are personally struggling they dont care a great deal about climate change or transgender bathrooms. Those are peripheral issues that are not politically expedient to dwell on. Dems are waking up to that reality.

It's healthy to become the minority party and be forced into collective soul searching. And it's easier to be honest when you aren't defending your candidate in power. There is no way Dems would have supported Obamacare if it hadn't come from Obama. Obama is a very likeable guy, but his policies haven't turned out to be popular.

I would like the system changed to make it easier for other parties besides the big two, but I don't think there is political will for the change.

Here they are Grandma . Never changes. Fairly divided between the majority and minority REGARDLESS of power shifts.

them.jpg

:clap2: Cannot agree more.

Hell, NASCAR drivers have to wear them and I'm not the least bit affected by whether number 17 makes turn six or not.

Only FOUR people "run" Congress.

Yeah. The Koch brothers. You're right.

Nope. the four are fairly divided between Archer Daniels Midland and George Soros :rolleyes:

Well, doesn't the fact that the establishment republicans hate Donald Trump too make you happy? It seems that most of the politicians hate him, and that is a good thing IMO. One of the MOST attractive things about that man. Lol.

Let's see irrelevant "establishment Republicans" versus the greeter at Walmart. Hmmmm I'm gonna have to ponder that one.

Forum List

Back