🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

As was said, one in a row.

As was said, a lot of changes will happen come midterms, as always.

We ran an uncharismatic candidate that was successfully smeared by her opponent.

That doesn't kill the entire party. We'll be fine.

... and successfully discredited by the FBI;

... and successfully discredited by the Kremlin;

... and successfully discredited by her husband, by Monica, and by numberless Arkansas bimbo's;

... and successfully discredited by her own track record in Libya and Benghazi;

etc.

You stopped too soon.

I've been listening to NPR and other liberal radio outlets since the election. They seem to half-way get the problem.

When people are personally struggling they dont care a great deal about climate change or transgender bathrooms. Those are peripheral issues that are not politically expedient to dwell on. Dems are waking up to that reality.

It's healthy to become the minority party and be forced into collective soul searching. And it's easier to be honest when you aren't defending your candidate in power. There is no way Dems would have supported Obamacare if it hadn't come from Obama. Obama is a very likeable guy, but his policies haven't turned out to be popular.

There's also this truism, which some guy said a while back: "Americans would rather have somebody who's strong and wrong than somebody who's weak and right".

Considering that white males are the fastest shrinking group and this is what the map looks like if only millenials voted i would say no

YTNiZTk0MjdmMCMvcHdidDV2dEhNOUZxNzRiSkJnQWRwN09KU0tBPS8xNngxMjo3Nzh4NTU4LzYyMXg0NDUvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3Vhb3Y3aXJlaGIyNGk0dnI5c25lMGM2Y2l3dWR1b201cXJsbXlicGZsNTE0cWJ0Y3Bmc21ocG5pM2hmcjRqbWYuanBn.jpg

In your dreams -- Squidward.
Yah he/she guessed really badly.

But honestly, until KY and Tenn results started coming in around 6 pm EST on election day 65% for Trump and only 35% for Hillary, I though it would be a landslide for Hillary too.

Honest mistake.

I am not a squidward however.

I am a jarhead.

Mea culpa.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Dear WelfareQueen I'd say they merge with the Greens Libertarians and all third parties.
And form a people's congress where all the minority interests and voices can represent themselves by Party.

If they choose to go through reps, they can let other people convene and collaborate on policies
and position statements to present to respective officials of govt at all levels they can petition collectively.

If they choose to represent themselves, given the independent media
and the party structures by district, it isn't impossible to organize that
where candidates CAN reach their constituents and take advantage of
their numbers to organize manageable groups to effect change with less division than larger groups.

Only FOUR people "run" Congress.

Yeah. The Koch brothers. You're right.

Nope. the four are fairly divided between Archer Daniels Midland and George Soros :rolleyes:

Well, doesn't the fact that the establishment republicans hate Donald Trump too make you happy? It seems that most of the politicians hate him, and that is a good thing IMO. One of the MOST attractive things about that man. Lol.

Let's see irrelevant "establishment Republicans" versus the greeter at Walmart. Hmmmm I'm gonna have to ponder that one.

Who is the Walmart greeter? English please. :D

Here they are Grandma . Never changes. Fairly divided between the majority and minority REGARDLESS of power shifts.

them.jpg

:clap2: Cannot agree more.

Hell, NASCAR drivers have to wear them and I'm not the least bit affected by whether number 17 makes turn six or not.

Turn 6 ??? You must be a road race fan. Jackets might be a better plan than term limits.

Congress is big on forcing COMPANIES to mail disclosures to customers. Why not have them disclose all the pork and favors every year?

Point is -- 531 members have no voice, no real power or influence other than constituent service and getting "set asides" for favors to donors. BECAUSE of 2 party power grabs.

Last edited:

Nope. the four are fairly divided between Archer Daniels Midland and George Soros :rolleyes:

Well, doesn't the fact that the establishment republicans hate Donald Trump too make you happy? It seems that most of the politicians hate him, and that is a good thing IMO. One of the MOST attractive things about that man. Lol.

Let's see irrelevant "establishment Republicans" versus the greeter at Walmart. Hmmmm I'm gonna have to ponder that one.

How are they irrelevant? They are the leaders of the Republican party.

I've been listening to NPR and other liberal radio outlets since the election. They seem to half-way get the problem.

When people are personally struggling they dont care a great deal about climate change or transgender bathrooms. Those are peripheral issues that are not politically expedient to dwell on. Dems are waking up to that reality.

It's healthy to become the minority party and be forced into collective soul searching. And it's easier to be honest when you aren't defending your candidate in power. There is no way Dems would have supported Obamacare if it hadn't come from Obama. Obama is a very likeable guy, but his policies haven't turned out to be popular.

There's also this truism, which some guy said a while back: "Americans would rather have somebody who's strong and wrong than somebody who's weak and right".

Pogo I think Trump is the new Obama.
And here we go with the cracks aimed against race and intelligence
but with white trash voters vs. black thug voters....

It's a sad Two Party System. So no, the Democrat Party isn't dead. Just like the Republican Party wasn't, when Democrats boasted about it being dead.

May not be dead -- but they are definitely on the express train to becoming irrelevant. Because they stand for nothing and have usurped the power to make Congress into a oligarchy of party bosses running the place. Only FOUR people "run" Congress. The rest are bound and gagged and ALREADY irrelevant. Even the politicians are oppressed by this duopoly with no where to speak their minds. For fear of being of "primaried out" or assigned to the "sanitation committee"..
The DEM's can still filibuster the Senate, so although they won't be writing any new laws for the next 2 years, they can stop the train dead in its tracks if they want to.

I am guessing they will stop all attempts to repeal ACA.

And if a SCOTUS nominee is "too" conservative (anti Roe v. Wade) they will filibuster him/her too.

So don't count the DEM's out completely. They still hold the brakes to the train.

The Senate split is only 51 GOP vs 48 DEM.

Dear WelfareQueen I'd say they merge with the Greens Libertarians and all third parties.

You can't merge with ALL third parties. Those would be all over the map.
Nor is there any reason to unless and until some 3P has enough clout to make a difference -- like the Populist Party of the 1890s.

Oh -- so you're in the 1% and never been to a Walmart? EXCUUUUSSSE me.

o-GREETER-AT-WALMART-facebook.jpg

Didn't know I was dealing with royalty here. :rolleyes: You really should do some slumming..

Pogo I think Trump is the new Obama.
And here we go with the cracks aimed against race and intelligence
but with white trash voters vs. black thug voters....

Have you taken up ethanolic spirits?

Didn't know I was dealing with royalty here. :rolleyes: You really should do some slumming..

Sorry, it's just that your post made little sense to me. Want to restate it please?

Ew. That pic is disgusting.

What happened to site rules about warning -- graphic image? :eek:

His name is Christy? Lol.

Sorry, it's just that your post made little sense to me. Want to restate it please?

Made no sense to me either, his last two. :dunno:

How are they irrelevant? They are the leaders of the Republican party.

Because 2 party control of Congress is now TOTALLY vested in just 4 people. The Majority/Minority leaders of both Houses. Nothing gets discussed. Nothing goes to the floor. Nobody gets assignments or PENS without their say so. They are MUZZLED from opposing party views or punished when they resist. The 2 parties have completely UNDEMOCRATIZED the Congress.

I would like the system changed to make it easier for other parties besides the big two, but I don't think there is political will for the change.

I should have something special to do just that ready by the end of next week.

I'll try to get a subforum installed in the Elections forum for it.

Stay tuned.

A lot of odd things happened which led to president-elect Trump. His tough stance of immigration was buoyed by terrorist attacks in Paris and the unteneble refugee crisis in Europe.

The DNC conspired against Bernie and for Hillary and they got busted by wikileaks... Debbie Wasserman Schultz got booed off the stage by Bernie supporters who understandably never fully embraced Hillary.

Hillary collapsed into a van on camera. Her health was a big question mark.

And for all of the negative atmospheric debris surrounding Trump, he was juxtaposed against womanizing Bill Clinton, so that ended up being sort of a wash.

I would like the system changed to make it easier for other parties besides the big two, but I don't think there is political will for the change.

I should have something special to do just that ready by the end of next week.

I'll try to get a subforum installed in the Elections forum for it.

Stay tuned.

I think this is a good idea. Let folks know when it is up and running.

Forum List

Back