Notice of Evictions. Damage from Covid shut downs.

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Temporary stays of execution have been done by the Cares Act and other temp fixes around the gov't..........With so many losing their jobs and behind on rent .....the real damage of shutting down the country is yet to be seen but coming.

Hope you morons promoting Fear across the country are happy when this shit hits the fan............How many families will be screwed from the so called cure of the virus????????

We Will see it .......coming to a neighborhood near you.

Temporary stays of execution have been done by the Cares Act and other temp fixes around the gov't..........With so many losing their jobs and behind on rent .....the real damage of shutting down the country is yet to be seen but coming.

Hope you morons promoting Fear across the country are happy when this shit hits the fan............How many families will be screwed from the so called cure of the virus????????

For the past several months, most of the people that lost their jobs made as much or more from unemployment as they would have made from their paychecks (due to the extra $600/wk)...

Plus they got an extra $1,200 each from the stimulus payment (with another one in the works)...

If they were stupid enough to ride the moratorium out while avoiding paying the rent (while blowing the money on bullshit), I have no sympathy for them....

For the past several months, most of the people that lost their jobs made as much or more from unemployment as they would have made from their paychecks (due to the extra $600/wk)...

Plus they got an extra $1,200 each from the stimulus payment (with another one in the works)...

If they were stupid enough to ride the moratorium out while avoiding paying the rent (while blowing the money on bullshit), I have no sympathy for them....

I can agree with that scenario...............many that are from areas where the DNC is in charge and rent is through the roof.............

The jobs that don't come back as the tits dry up ........will lose everything if the jobs don't come back quick...........

I went back at 5 weeks when called.

Bingo! I got two tenants at rental properties that are gonna be out on their asses the moment this bullshit expires.

Your smelly skidmark failing to act is the cause of COVID-19 hitting this country so hard. I have four bipartisan MOC's that prove that.

Bingo! I got two tenants at rental properties that are gonna be out on their asses the moment this bullshit expires.

Go get em.... There is no reason why anyone who lost a job should be behind on rent, they've been living off of more money per week on welfare than they took down from lawful jobs!

Who are you going to replace them with?

All of those illegal aliens you so stupidly toe suck, they didn't lose their jobs, they continued to work, and they still do, bye bye sucker...

Go get em.... There is no reason why anyone who lost a job should be behind on rent, they've been living off of more money per week on welfare than they took down from lawful jobs!

If, in fact, they received any monies. Remember, Gig workers received little, if any.

That’s exactly it. Making more money than they ever have in their fucking lives, and still stuffing me on rent. Fuck them. I’m gonna break it off in their asses.

My employee is a sure shot for one of them. And I can make sure he stays employed. As for the other? I’ll find one. The place is paid for so I won’t have to worry about defaulting.

All of those illegal aliens you so stupidly toe suck, they didn't lose their jobs, they continued to work, and they still do, bye bye sucker...

How do you know that?

Renters should have paid what they could. As much as they could. Landlord would be more eager to keep them if they had done that. Some apts pay partial utilities too. Did any of the renters offer to at least pay that? Or towards it? Probably not. The ones that DID pay as much as they could each month, you won't hear about because they will not be evicted. The ones that spent what they got for unemployment and the stimulus check instead of paying rent...those are the ones getting kicked out.

I can agree with that scenario...............many that are from areas where the DNC is in charge and rent is through the roof.............

The jobs that don't come back as the tits dry up ........will lose everything if the jobs don't come back quick...........

I went back at 5 weeks when called.

That's the problem from this point on...

With the extra $600/wk expiring, the people that didn't save the extra money (and rode the extra money out and waited until NOW to look for work) will see their unemployment drop...

If they don't get on the ball and get work, they will suffer for being irresponsible!!!

My employee is a sure shot for one of them. And I can make sure he stays employed. As for the other? I’ll find one. The place is paid for so I won’t have to worry about defaulting.

That's a really bad idea. Employer/employee relationships need to stay that way. Employer/employee/landlord relationships will almost always blow-up in your face. That's why there are corporate housing companies, it provides a third party buffer.

I can see it now, you raise the rent, but don't raise the pay. How is that going to work?

Something else for you to ponder. Even though you say you own your property, because of the smelly skidmarks failed handling of COVID-19, States and cities are going to be receiving less money from the feds. I guarantee you that property taxes are going to go up.....2x, 3x, 4x, is anyone's guess.

Renters should have paid what they could. As much as they could. Landlord would be more eager to keep them if they had done that. Some apts pay partial utilities too. Did any of the renters offer to at least pay that? Or towards it? Probably not. The ones that DID pay as much as they could each month, you won't hear about because they will not be evicted. The ones that spent what they got for unemployment and the stimulus check instead of paying rent...those are the ones getting kicked out.
You're assuming that everyone that needed it received unemployment and stimulus checks.

I feel bad for the ones that tried, but will still be evicted due to arrears in rent. Hopefully the landlord will work with them in letting them stay as long as they pay something to help him/her stay afloat himself.

In the 40+ years being a property manager, I assisted them as much as I could too. No money to pay rent? Give me back my property then, within 3 days or a week. No money to move their stuff? I gave them half their deposit immediately so they could rent a uhaul and buy gasoline to get wherever they were going to go. Other half given day they turn in the keys. No place to go at all? No family to take them in? I moved them in with me for a few weeks until they found a place to go. Did that twice during those 40 years.

But those that had the money and refused to pay rent? No mercy.

You're assuming that everyone that needed it received unemployment and stimulus checks.
I am assuming nothing. What I am saying is....renters have an obligation to pay rent. If they can't pay it all due to something like this damn virus and loss of jobs, pay SOMETHING to show good intent.

One lady paid her rent...and 2 days later came to the office very upset. Her mother died and she had no way to get to her or to the funeral...could she have some of her rent back??? I did not deposit it yet, so I gave it all to her and said she needs to pay back what she could within a week or two, balance to be paid in the next months rent. She did.

Know your tenants. Have some mercy. If they are unmerciful themselves....well.....

I should write a book about tenant/landlord stories, lol. Some interesting times.

Forum List

Back